Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slow cooker recipe, beginning organization for 2011!

After sitting and writing out my Christmas cards recently, I realized how outdated my trusty address book had become. I had scratched out so many addresses of friends who had moved and changed phone numbers and addresses. I also took note that this book did not have a place to write down email accounts. I have been searching my local Hallmark stores because I saw in their catalog that they had an email address book with a section for passwords etc. The 3 stores I went to were sold out, so I went to Staples to try my luck. I found a nice address book that did have a small favorite web pages tab. (thinking I could order refill sheets online, but have not been able to locate them on their site!!)

This is the cute little book I found (however being left handed I find it challenging that the rings make it hard to write..any lefthanders out there know what I mean? lol) Anyways, I take the pages out to write on them, then add them back in.

Here is the page for email information I was searching for.


These are the refill pages I have been unable to find and I need! Staples did not carry the refill pages, I tried Target too but no luck. I have written so many new addresses and passwords down, I need a great book to organize them so they don't get lost in the shuffle. :-)

While searching for this I found this adorable coupon organizer! I already have the accordion kind, but I really liked how this one was layed out.

I really like how sturdy it is and separates the coupons into various categories.


It's hard to see on here but the bottom is a pocket for holding the coupons.


Plus a place for notes and shopping lists!

I am a big organizer, I really think it makes things flow more smoothly to take the time to set up the proper tools to help. Coupons can save so much at the grocery store, just takes some planning, but so worth it!

It was so blistering cold today, I had Kathleen all bundle up from head to toe and yet I just had my jacket on. ( Mom's are last on the list most days it seems, lol) I picked up some more of this yummy tea, and brewed it. Tastes delicious and no calories! I like to drink my teas plain. The flavoring makes it taste so yummy, and it truly is guilt free!



since Kathleen has dance classes tonight, I always try to plan a slow cooker recipe to come home too. The house already smells delicious!



This is a simple Chicken and rice recipe.

10 3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
6 ozs boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)

Just combine all the ingredients together and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally.
ENJOY!!

I will be working on more organization with the approaching of the new year. I am looking forward to adding new family and friends to my address book. I know technology takes on a lot of this chore, but I still like having a paper backup, there's no guarantees to technology. :-)


"When we come back to things that really matter, then peace begins to settle into our lives like golden sunlight sifting to a forest floor. And somewhere deep down inside we know that simpler times are better times"   Thomas Kinkade

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

(All opinions of the products above are my own and I received no compensation for them :-)

11 comments:

Kerri said...

I think I have had my address book about 17 years now...that pages are falling out! I wonder why we let that kind of stuff go for so long?!
I really like that quote! So true!

Julie Harward said...

Love the recipe! And it is a good time to get those helping books now..I need a new address book too! My mom was left handed and everything I learned to do from her, I did it left handed too..odd! ;D

Cindy said...

We have a meal in the slow cooker at this very moment!! Yours sounds delicious too.
Don't ya just love getting organized...something about the new year I guess!!
Enjoy the day

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

Now I know what to cook for dinner tomorrow!

Lori said...

An address book - what is that? Don't you know you are suppose to use your contacts in your computer for all that information? Just kidding with you but I didn't even know they still made address books.

Adriane said...

My address book was falling apart and now I've misplaced it. I'll be replacing mine soon too but now I've got to hunt down those addresses!
I love organization too. I'd be lost without some of our organizational tools but there is definitely room for more improvement. :)

Karen said...

Jill,, I appreciated this post.. I was just telling my daughter the other day,, I have 2 rubber maid tubs of photos..that I need to do something with them.. I would love to be able to scrap book them all,,but that thought is not even slightly realistic.. but I need to atleast organize them and put them in some albums or something..
thanks for your post.. it encouraged me to start thinking about purchasing proper tools to start the challenge of this project..

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Sweet Jill,
Love your new address book. Did you try Office Max for refills? They carry Day Runner too and I even saw Day Runner in Walgreens before. Just a thought to look when you are there.

The recipe sounds very good. Thank you for sharing it.
Love the TK quote. He is such a favorite of mine and I have read all his Christmas book stories he has written with Katherine Spencer. Wonderful stories that continue from book to book.

Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs from Texas,
Celestina Marie

Julie said...

This is going to be the year to be more organized. Meaning going through stuff and donating or something.
Thanks for the recipe. I need a new one to try. Chicken is our staple here but haven't tried this one.
Take care Jill and Have a blessed night sleep.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Jill, I like how you get so organized. I found an address page inserts that are white board friendly. I found it at the thrift store and I was so excited because there are so many times when I've had to literally cross out an address and then try to squeeze in a new one. This way, I only have to wipe and it's gone.

I feel your cold. It's cold here too and lots of rain!

Jenny said...

Love those new little books. And that tea is yummy, I"ve had it too. I love the holiday flavors. Funny, we have crock pot meals on Zoe's dance nights. Great minds think alike!