Monday, December 20, 2010

We did it again.... a new "furry" family member! :-)

I'm not sure if you all believe in fate, but I am a firm believer that sometimes things are meant to be. I was checking the schedule and times for taking our pets in for their shots, and for some reason decided to look at the dogs up for adoption. I saw this little guy Owen who captured my heart. There was just something in his eyes, that spoke to me, and reminded me of my dog Baxter I lost a few years ago to cancer. I literally teared up seeing this dog's picture posted on there. I called my husband and told him about it. We were certainly not looking to add to our family. We had thought Elvis (our cat) had completed it. We saw he was due to arrive from Tennessee on Sat. The place knew us very well, it's where we adopted Skippy from. So they were ready to adopt him out to us. He had been mistreated and was taken to a high kill shelter, the place we got him from saved him and transported him here. He took to us instantly and so far has been adjusting really well. So I have a few pictures to share, and his 1 year birthday is Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas Owen, you have found your forever home!

This was at the store just after they had taken him to get groomed for us. He was a mess beforehand.

This is Patches accepting Owen!

This is our Skippy :-)


Owen is a Yorkie , Dachshund mix.

The girls just love walking him and caring for him.




All ready to greet Santa on the firetruck!

The girls got candy canes and Owen got a bone! He was happy.

He was trying so hard to find a place to bury it, lol.
Contentment.... lots of love.

My good ol faithful 12 1/2 year old Sally. Trying out his bed for him, lol. She is such an amazing dog, she even let Owen share her bed last night in our room. I LOVE this dog. However it would seem Owen is more content on the couch. :-)

Hope you are having a great week. Lots of last minute preparations around here.
Blessings,
Jill

21 comments:

~Niki~ said...

oh my~what a cutie~
I'm a sucker for dogs.
We have 2 but I want more. Just too expensive right now for us. hugs

Along A Widowed Road said...

Jill,
He looks like he's been with the family forever. And happy too.

Have a blessed day.
Viola

Have you seen my poll I have on my site?

Heather M said...

What a sweet dog!!! you guys are too awesome!!! Merry Christmas!

Julie Harward said...

I am so happy for you all...I think he is a perfect fit to your family...have a wonderful Christmas! :D

Jenny said...

What a cute dog! You are both lucky to have found each other. Merry Christmas.

Kerri said...

What a super cute little guy! He looks like he fits right in! What an awesome Christmas present!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

What asweet mommy you are!!! I bet your girls are in love with him already. Merry Christmas.
May God continue to bless you and your sweet family.
Blessings, hugs and Merry Christmas,
Bren

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful post, Owen is such a pretty fella and how wonderful he is to get to be a part of your loving and caring family. He definitely looked happy in the pictures :o)

Karen said...

oh gosh girl...congrats.. I dont know that i would be as brave to bring another varmet into our house.. we have 2 cats and a big gold lab..and that is enough for me.. but bless your heart for showing grace to this little guy and welcoming him into a wonderful home of love..Merry Christmas

Miranda said...

He's darling, and you guys make a cute family all together. I think you are all going to be very happy together. Have a merry christmas!!

Natasha said...

He looks right at home! I can see why you couldn't resist those big eyes!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Enjoy all the happiness and joy that this blessed season brings.

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Sheila said...

Owen looks like he fits in just perfectly!! What a lucky dog!! Owen reminds me of a dog we got from a shelter when I was a teenager--her name was Sunshine--she looked just like your Owen. I love Skippy's tongue--Alex used to do that all the time. Thank you for giving Owen a forever home. Take care.

Whitney @ Life's a Highway said...

Oh, Jill! He's adorable and seems just as happy to have the girls as they do to have him! Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

SImply adorable! A delight to meet you today! I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to get seriously drenched in goodness.

Have a joy filled, love overlfow Christmas,
Sarah

http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

McVal said...

Oh what a cutie patooty!

Kim said...

What an adorable and lucky dog! Looks like he fits right in with your family. This is like a Hallmark Christmas special. :)

Julie said...

Greetings to Owen. Such a great Christmas gift for him, a loving family. Such a cutie he is.
Thanks for such cute pictures and I am so glad the rest of the family has excepted him.
Take care Jill and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Here's wishing you and yours the most awesome blessed Christmas.

Donna said...

Jill, He's a darling dog! So so pretty! Wow, I can see why he 'spoke' to you. Thanks for sharing the darling photos of the family and your pets. I really enjoyed them!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Tracey said...

Owen is so adorable and seems to fit right in with your family! Enjoyed viewing all the photos of your family and pets. Have a great day!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Vic said...

i'm in LOVE...with you, your girls and your dogs...i just love y'all! i wish for the day where we can do the same but living in this condo makes it impossible...i so can't wait and i think your all so very wonderful! merry christmas friends:)

claudia b said...

congratulations, he looks like a sweetheart!!!