Monday, January 31, 2011

Get together for Yoplait Yogurt with yummy recipes! :-)

Our weekend was jam packed as usual, but lots of fun! I had been asked to host a get together featuring Yoplait Yogurt.  My family and I love yogurt so I agreed! They sent me a hostess box that included a $15.00 visa card to buy products, as well as coupons for the guests and a website to download and print facts and information about the importance of calcium. Nancy O'Dell also included a bonus gift for my participation which was a book about scrap booking and creating memories. A great choice for me as I love to scrapbook and journal as well.
I love to entertain and spend time with my friends. So this was a great way to get everyone together to enjoy the day. I prepared the recipes that I was provided as recommendations.

The first was a Snowman Cheese ball. This did not include yogurt but was a bonus entertaining recipe!

3 packages ( 8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 drops red pepper sauce
1 container ( 4 ounces) whipped cream cheese, softened
Decorate as desired!

Mix 3 packages cream cheese and the cheddar cheese;divide into 3 equal parts. combine 2 parts to equal two-thirds of mixture;mix in pesto. Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining 1/3 mixture

Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape. Shape each cheese mixture into ball. Wrap each ball, label and freeze.

About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer. Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.

Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of Snowman. Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving. Decorate as desired. Serve with crackers.

I used chocolate chips, licorice, and icing and a GS Thanks-a-lot cookie to decorate. :-)

Next I made Southwest Taco dip, this was a huge hit with everyone.

2 cups Yoplait All Natural Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2 lb container)
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped tomato
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.

Mix first 5 ingredients together, then top with chopped tomato.

Mmmmmmmm!!

The next recipe is Strawberry-Lemon Fruit Dip (This was very sweet, but good!)

1/2 cup strawberry reduced-fat cream cheese spread, from 8 ounce container, softened
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1 container (6 oz) Yoplait Original lemon burst yogurt (I went to 6 stores to find this flavor!)

Mix cream cheese and marshmallow creme in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in yogurt.
Serve with your choice of fruits.



Another recipe was the Chocolate Dipped Fruit Wreath
It was chocolate... does it need any more explanation then that for yumminess? :-)

1 bag (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips ( 1 cup)
1 tablespoon shortening
6 cups assorted fresh fruit ( be creative)

Line jelly roll pan 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x1 inch with waxed paper. Heat chocolate chips and shortening in 1 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth, remove from heat.

Dip half of each piece of fruit into chocolate, place in pan.
Refrigerate uncovered about 30 mins. or until firm. Arrange fruit on plate in wreath form.


The final recipe they provided was Raspberry Trifle
This was another favorite of the day, sweet but so good!
This is a picture of the Angel food cake before tearing it into chunks...

Smelled so heavenly...

1 box Betty Crocker white angel food cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold water
2 cups boiling water
1 box ( 8 serving size) sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
2 packages (10 ounce) each frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed ( I used fresh)
3 containers ( 6 ounce) each Yoplait Original red raspberry yogurt.

Move oven rack to lowest position ( remove other racks) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix and cold water on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10 inch angel food tube cake pan. Do not use fluted tube cake pan or 9-inch angel food tube pan or batter will overflow.

Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not under bake!

Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool, about 1 hour. Run knife around edges;remove from pan. tear cake into 3/4 inch pieces.

Pour boiling water on gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add raspberries ( save some for garnish) Refrigerate gelatin mix about 15 mins or until thickened but not set.

Layer half each of the cake pieces, gelatin mixture and yogurt in 3-quart glass bowl;repeat. Garnish with raspberries. refrigerate at least 2 hours to firm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.


Yummy!!!

To prepare for the get together I layed out the allergen sheet that was provided.


I made up folders in which I had put the coupons that were provided, as well as important information about the benefits of calcium.



I also cooked wings for everyone, which were also a hit! ;-)


Of course I also set up a tray of various Yoplait yogurt flavors for sampling.

Table set...


Candle lit...

Beautiful tulips...


Great friends to share the day with....




Hayley just getting started... (notice her sparkly purse to match her hat? lol)

Kathleen was telling all her favorites and making recommendations, lol.

Maci asked if she could have the Snowman's hat, I could not resist saying yes!

He's still super cute!

Notice her plate of samples? ;-)



The kids had a blast sampling everything!


Julia was enjoying her food and Elvis was sitting there staring at her, when I picked up the camera he looked right at me for this shot...lol.

Skippy, king of his snow mound... has nothing to do with the yogurt sampling but I just had to share :-)


So after numerous taste testing the favorites were:
Flavors: Raspberry, blueberry, berry berry, creamsicle
and the chocolate mousse!
Food: Taco dip, fruit dip and raspberry dessert.

We did have a few dislikes in yogurt flavors: cinnamon roll and red velvet cake.

If you are on Facebook and would like to get a free yogurt, go to www.facebook.com/yoplait

I also had people that were unable to attend but I still sent info. and coupons to. I also gave them samples of things that were made.

One person is diabetic and wanted me to note that at this time there is no low sugar mousse yogurt desserts to enjoy. She would like to request perhaps this could be a possibility for diabetics in the near future to enjoy these yogurts. :-)

We had a great time and really enjoyed the opportunity to sample these delicious flavors!
Thanks so much for the opportunity to be part of this.

Lots more to share coming soon! Have a lovely evening and thanks to everyone for the lovely comments on Hayley's jewelry! She is most appreciative!

Blessings,
Jill 

18 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

How fun!! I love yogurt ...Greek yogurt is my favorite! You did a wonderful job organizing your theme party, the food looks wonderful ~Love Heather

Sue said...

Hi Jill....what a fun party...I love Yoplait yogurt...I eat it all the time and never have thought to make anything with it...my favorite flavors are Key Lime and Lemon Meringue....your girls are so adorable...

Cherie said...

Wow you did alot of cooking. I never thought of putting yogurt in Angel Food Cake. Looks like it turned out great and was a fun friend get together!

Kerri said...

What a fun taste testing party! How in the world did you get to do that? So fun! I love yoplait...my favorite is boston cream. I did not like the cinnamon one either! I never thought of using yogurt in different ways. Thanks for sharing the recipes!

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

You know how to throw a party. Everything looks fabulous, especially all the yummy dishes!

By the way, I love the new photo in your header. Your daughters look beautiful.

A Primitive Homestead said...

All looks so yummy. I think I will have to try some of them. Blessings!

Garden of Egan said...

Darling blog! Sorta stumbled over here.
It looks like your party was a total success!

Donna said...

What a fun post Jill! You are just amazing! Wow--they picked the right person for this job. :o) And your tasting party looks so fun. :o)

Cute!

xo
Donna

Holly said...

Yum! And you didn't invite me ;o)

That is THE cutest cheese ball I have ever seen...I am so making one next Christmas!

Mark said...

Okay, I just left the funniest post ever and after I hit "Post", it vanished! I have no clue what happen and I know that I know how to leave a comment. What gives? Maybe your Site knows to automatically block me. Too funny!
Anyway, that looks like a great party and you are right up there with Martha Stewart.
Have a great day! Oh! And if my other comment suddenly appears, please delete this one.
Your Friend, m.

Sheila said...

Cute snowman. Looks like everyone--even Elvis--had a great time. Take care.

Chelle said...

Love the snowman. It is so cute. Our family eats yogurt all the time. They have some wonderful flavors. Your dog loks cute too. We have a dog just like yours.

Annie Jones said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm going to come back in a while and take a closer look at those recipes. :)

Julie said...

You didn't invite me, BOO HOO!!! Maybe it's cuz I live a million miles away (well not that far but could just as well be). You all look like you had a blast.
Thanks for sharing the recipes.
Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

Linda said...

Wow-what a fun party! I love yoghurt and all of this food made me feel so hungry! I need to go fix something to eat now!I am also going to try out the recipes and thank you for sharing!
Have a great day!
Blessings

McVal said...

What a great time with fabulous food! I think I just gained 5 lbs...

Rayanne said...

Everything looks so yummy...and what fun!
Great ideas!

Jill said...

Thank you everyone! I appreciate each and every one of you stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!

@Mark...Martha Stewart, really? I'm flattered! I have no idea what happened to your other comment, lol. That is strange...

Hope you all have a great night!