Friday, January 28, 2011

Hayley's jewelry.... :-)

As some of you who have been following me for awhile know; my daughter Hayley who is 9 years old, has been making and selling jewelry since she was 7. I am so very proud as a Mom of her accomplishments.
We have taught Hayley early about the importance of money and a budget. When she sells her pieces she knows part goes to the business, part goes to a charity, part goes to savings and the rest is for her to spend.

   The first thing Hayley saved up for was her own ipod. The next big thing was a trip to American Girl in New York for the two of us. Plus she had $300.00 to spend while she was there. For those of you wanting to see these posts of us in New York, click here, here and here.

    Of course the next thing she's saving for has been for the Taylor Swift concert to buy t-shirts and a concert book. I am amazed by her talent and dedication to everything she does. She is "old" and "wise" beyond her 9 years. I am so proud of her, and we support her however we can in her dreams.

   Hayley recently took her jewelry book to school and her teacher displayed her photos on the light board, bringing more orders for Hayley. :-) She has been on top of the world creating and I am so happy for her.

Thought I'd share some of her latest designs.
Before I had her sort them out a little better to be easier to see! LOL

She designs for boys and men as well per request.







This is just a small sampling of her designs. She has so much variety, some things sell faster then I can get pictures for. :-)

"From a little spark may burst a flame"    Latin Proverb

"Do or do not.There is no try."  Yoda.

**In our home we have the saying there is no such word as can't. we encourage, encourage, encourage. I feel it's so important for children to have someone who believes in them and their dreams.**

"Never grow a wishbone, daughter where your backbone ought to be"  Clementine Paddleford

This is a poem I found that I really relate to with my daughters and I wanted to share:

As I watch you grow

By Kay Theese

"Do you know how much you mean to me?
As you grow into what you'll be.
You came from within, from just beneath my heart
it's there you'll always be though your own life will now start.
You're growing so fast it sends me awhirl
With misty eyes I ask, where's my little girl?
I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see, I taught you well because I care.
The next few years will so quickly fly,
With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood,
this fact you must know,
You'll always be my source of pride, no matter where you go.
You must stand up tall and proud,
within you feel no fear,
For all your dreams and goals, sit before you very near.
With god's love in your heart and the world by its tail,
You'll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.
For you this poem was written, with help from up above,
to tell you in a rhythm of your Mother's heartfelt love!"

This is one of my favorite pictures of the 3 of us. Notice the nice green grass? Come on Spring...LOL!!


Oh and did I mention she even has her own business cards? The kids in her class were very impressed by that. Thanks to her Aunt Kim. :-)

We are having a busy weekend ahead, shopping and decorating for Valentines day as well as some crafts and ideas to share. Will hopefully get that posted tomorrow. Then Sunday I'm having a get together for yoplait yogurt, I'll be posting more about that as well. :-) Have a fabulous Friday!!

Many Blessings, Jill
Enhanced by Zemanta

21 comments:

claudia b said...

Wow, go Hayley!!! That's awesome that she has her own business, congratulations!

Jenny said...

Ahh, that green grass looks heavenly. What a budding designer you have. I love that she is doing it herself. What a good lesson (s) to instill in her. Way to go Hayley and momma Jill!

Heather M said...

Wow she does a really great job!!! She is very Talented! I really wish my parents would have taught me how to save and all that good stuff!! happy weekend friend!

Wendi said...

Way to go Hayley! Valentine decorating and crafting is on the agenda at my home this weekend as well. Have fun!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Jill, That's so awesome!!! I'm so proud of both your kids learning to be wise with money!!! Plus, I really like Hayley's designs..so when I have money for jewelry again, I'll definitely have to purchase some earrings. I love earrings :) :) That's wonderful!!! I"ll be working on decorating this weekend and knitting projects..for friends and for sale!! Hvae you ever written abotu how you taught your girls to be wise with money? That would be interesting to read about...for us big kids, too :) :) Have a great weekend, Jill :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon to you and your family, Heather :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I am LOVING the green grass! So jealous!

Very pretty jewelry. It must be nice for her to be able to give handmade gifts to people, too.

Blessings,
Stacie

Kerri said...

How cool that Hayley makes jewelry and is learning to run a business!! I see an etsy store in her future!!! Way to go Haley....your jewelry is beautiful!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Amazing stuff!! If she's this good at 9 can you imagine what she'll be creating when she's an adult?? It sounds like she's way ahead of the game with learning how to manage her money too. Way to go Mom!!

Julie said...

Jill, tell Haley I am very impressed with her jewelry. I too sell jewelry and her creations are wonderful.
We taught Mike all his life about the value of a penny and more, it's something we must do. You are doing wonderfully.
Thanks for sharing Haley and all your girls goodness!!
Take care and God Bless!!

Carmen said...

Precious! They all look very pretty! She has a lot of talent. I have friends that make jewelry for a living. I will have to show them your post. THey would be very impressed.

Donna said...

Hi Jill, Thanks so much for dropping by. It's been a pretty busy week around our place. :o)

I love your photos of Haley's jewelry. I'm so impressed at how well you have directed her in her wise use of her finances. You are doing such a good job in mentoring and training your children. It blesses me to see moms like you giving your kids your very best. That photo of you and the girls is really special..and my heart ached a little seeing Haley's Kirsten doll. My daughter gave her's away several years ago. She's not at all sentimental. Sigh..:o)

Have a lovely weekend.
Donna

SonyaAnn said...

The three of you are adorable but I've said this before!!
And she is amazing and an inspiration. I'm very impressed with her. She is exactly what the world needs.

Tracey said...

Hi Jill! Hayley's jewelry is awesome! What a creative and talented young lady. Love the pic of you and your beautiful girls.
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Lynn said...

Wow I am just amazed at your daughters talent and how she manages her money also. I was very touched when you said that she should give some to charity also, that is just wonderful. Her work is beautiful and she really does have a wonderful future to look forward too with her talent as well thanks so much for sharing :o)

Camille said...

Well done Hayley!! Wonderful! How blessed you are to have parents that encourage you in your ventures. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Life In a Little House said...

That is wonderful Hayley good job!! you have beautiful jewlery and Job well done Mom for encouraging and supporting her creativity! Wishing you a speedy arrival of spring have a wonderful week and stay warm ~Love Heather

His bondservant said...

Your daughter is so talented...how wise of you to teach her when she is young the value of money. That will stay with her always! I love the picture of the three of you...you are all very lovely!
Blessings,
Jackie

Mandie said...

WOW, I am very impressed! She is learning now the value of a dollar and that is so important as many children now days don't know. She has made some beautiful jewelry for sure!!

BeautifulDees said...

I love your spirit Hayley "YOU GO GIRL". And Jill you are an awsome mom, they are so lucky to have you. I am so glad you are one of my follower's...come back by I am having a blog give away for my blog's first birthday.
LOve,Debbie

Sheila said...

WOW--Hayley does wonderful work. I know y'all must be so proud of her--she is an inspiration. Love the picture of you and your girls. Take care.

~ Noelle said...

wow
she has a great eye...
love how grown she is!
that is going to help her go far in life...
with more than just her jewelry!