Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Entertaining

If there is one thing I have been blessed with in my life, it's the comfort of wonderful friends. My friendships span over 20 years with people I have grown up with. My best friend and I met when we were just three years old. Now we are watching our children grow up together, and I cherish every moment with them. So getting us all together for the holiday was especially exciting because usually work schedules don't cooperate. This year everyone had that day off! We had a wonderful time catching up!

I set out some goodies to enjoy. (No dieting at the holidays, lol)


This little one was waiting for me to turn my back so she could "sample" the goodies!

Table was set.....

Tree was ready....

Ribs were on the menu.......

Frosty and the animals were ready....


Kathleen was so excited she was sitting on the windowsill watching out front, lol


Then they arrived and the fun began! There were presents to open.....



Lots of smiles and laughter.....

Love this picture!

Kathleen received this tangled/Rapunzel brush that plays music....she was so excited and convinced that her hair was growing longer each time she brushed it! LOL As you can see she took her hair bows out to try it right away!

We played the wii......

Enjoyed some ribs and other goodies.....

Cherished our time with dear friends we don't get to see often enough!

Miss them already......


May our friendship last forever


by Nicholas Gordon



May our friendship last forever;

May I sail upon your sea.

May we go through life together;

May there always be a "we."

May I be your endless sky;

May you breathe my gentle air.

May you never wonder why

Each time you look for me, I'm there.



May we be for each a smile

Like the warm, life-giving sun;

Yet when we're in pain awhile,

May our suffering be one.



May we share our special days,

The happiness of one for two;

And if we must go separate ways,

Let my love remain with you.




Tomorrow will be holiday entertaining continued! Off to run errands today..... Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

Janet - AKA: Latte Lady said...

Oooh la la! Yum Yum!

What fun!

Janet

Annie Jones said...

This is my preferred way to visit...one on one or in small groups. I think the visits are much more meaningful than having large parties.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

That IS awesome Jill! Not many of us can say we have friends that we've known for that long. You are truly blessed :-)

McVal said...

How nice! It's so great to get together with friends like that!

Jenny said...

Definitely agree that it is the time spent with friends that makes the holidays so wonderful. Your table setting looked great.

Kat said...

That's really wonder that you could get together with your long time friend, I have a friend I get together with two of them both I met in Jr high and one of good friends children played with mine that is pretty special. Looks like you all had a great time and the ribs look so yummy! I never cook those for some reason. Have a Happy New Year! big hugs

Bec said...

everything looks lovely Jill! Its so important to have good friends, I also have a particularly good friend who I miss dearly since moving but is always in my thoughts. The kids look like they had a wonderful time.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Your photos & story of your shared time visiting friends flows just like a wonderful story book Christmas. You have a talent for writing. I love the part where kathleen sits bare foot waiting in the windowsill. Blessings & Happy New Year!

Life In a Little House said...

Oh Wonderful Pictures!! What a blessing friends are indeed. ~Love Heather

Julie said...

Our Christmas was too quiet this year. Friends had other plans, family wasn't able to get together. We still had a great one but sure missed something like yours. Love all the smiles and fun times. Thank you for sharing.
Good night and God Bless!!!