Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little stress....

This week has already started off crazy busy and stressful. As I mentioned it's my final week of college Math and the workload is unreal.

Just a few short examples of some of the 50 million problems ( a small exaggeration,lol)

See that Cheetah to the left? I feel the same way...just like running for the hills!! Freedom!!!!

Owen had his surgery yesterday to be neutered, so he will be sporting an e-collar and pain meds, and receiving lots of pampering. :-)

Leash walking for 7-10 days, no running, jumping, etc. LOL yes tell him that. If you know Terriers, nothing gets them down.


I'm thinking he's in pretty good hands though. :-)

Then Sally had to give us a scare. She apparently is having an allergic reaction to something, yet we have no idea what. Monday we were giving her lots of benadryl, but she was getting worse, so 12:30 AM we were at the emergency vets getting shots of steroids. The Vet basically said it will have to work it's way out of her system. We need to keep her on benadryl until it starts to clear.She even cut near her eye and was bleeding and her snout is a mess. These pictures don't show the intensity of the swelling, so I am worried. She is 12 1/2 years old. I hate to see my animals suffering.

This was when it first started.

You can see her claw marks from itching, now she has it oozing. :-(

My poor Sally. We got to bed after 2 AM, I mostly stared at her and worried. The Vet said to watch for changes in her breathing. So 6:00 AM up with Hayley for school today. Then about lunchtime they called to let me know she had to use her inhaler. I asked if she was o.k. or needed anything, they assured me she was doing better. Well 1 PM I get the call to come get her, she wasn't feeling well with her asthma. So I loaded up Owen and Sally and off to school we went. Kathleen started back to dance tonight and bad weather was due to head in... so a pizza was made with squash left from our garden and strawberries....
Sally and Owen hung out to comfort each other while Mommy scrambled to get everything done...

Trying to get the girls ready now for bed. Nana if you are reading Hayley is better, I think she is just tired from her busy weekend too. Hopefully we'll have a snow day tomorrow and maybe get a little extra sleep or just any sleep would be great :-) I know it will be a long night with Math. 1 more week, I keep telling myself.

But I still found beauty and goodness today in the amazing sunrise I watched at my kitchen window....
That brought me some peace today, and the blessing of being able to experience such a beautiful sight.

I may be a little behind in visiting you guys, but I will be by soon to catch up. Hope you are all having a lovely week and staying warm! For my friends in Australia, I'm hoping you are not in Brisbane and experiencing the floods. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I have many prayers right now, especially for the latest American tragedy this weekend. This is why we need to count our blessings every day. I may have a little stress as we all do, but that is part of life. It could always be so much worse. So I am thankful for Vets and medicines that help to heal. I am thankful for the opportunity to be educated, and the ability to be a stay at home Mom when my children are sick and need me. These are just a few of many things I am grateful for.

What are some things you are thankful for?

Thanks for visiting tonight, many blessings to you all,

Jill

15 comments:

Cherie said...

OK just looking at the math hurts my brain - ha ha. Good for you going to college!

And poor puppy -Hope all is better soon!

Julie Harward said...

I feel sorry for you on all counts, especially that math! Sally looks old, poor thing. Those last years or days are awful. Take care of each other! :D

Lynn said...

Well I sure hope things get better real soon for both of your poochies it is tough when they dont feel well bless their hearts. Im glad your daughter is ok and I hope all of you can get the rest you deserve :o) Now, did I read that right about the pizza being made with squash and strawberries? lol or am I just crazy hehe. Im thankful for the life I get to live everyday and very thankful for a daughter who loves me and loves spending time with me :o) My list could be long. I do feel bad for all that suffer in this world though and when I think I have it bad I think about those people who would love to trade place with me. I hope your week goes well.

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Poor pups and kiddo. I am tired from just reading that, what a hard week, hope everything perks up soon. :)

Melanie said...

You poor thing. It has been a few rough days. Hope things clam down for you.

Mandie said...

That math does not look fun, lol. One more week and you will be done! Poor Owen and Sally. I bed Owen can't wait to get his "necklace" off, lol and I hope Sally is okay. I hate that the reason couldn't be for certain. I too am longing for the warmth of summer! I love to look at snow and sit by the fireplace but I want the SUN!!!

Kerri said...

What a beautiful sunrise...wow!
Sounds like a stressful week Jill...but it also sounds like you have such a good attitude about it. That makes all the difference in the world. And you're right someone else always has it worse. I'm grateful for a warm house this morning, good health and blogs that make me want to be a better person!
Have a super day!

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm so sorry for all y'all are going through. Poor Sally--she looks so sad. Owen does look like he is in good hands--hope Hayley is doing better too.
I'm grateful for my husband who loves me no matter what and 2 daughters who like spending time with me--also the friends I've made through blogging. I'm blessed even with the bad things that have happened--they've made me who I am--and I'm grateful for all of it. I pray you get some rest soon. Take care.

Life In a Little House said...

Sorry to hear your having a bumpy week~ We will say a prayer for your family and your furry friends ~Gorgeous pictures beautiful sky ~Hoping the rest of your weeks slows down for ya ~Love Heather

Carmen said...

Oh that sunrise is just a little glimpse of how faithful God is to give us something beautiful when we have had a bad week.

Oh My! Your poor little sweet doggies! Family Pets always bring us such happieness, I sure hope they are feeling better soon.

Math gives me a headache so I didn't look at the text book very carefully but wowzers I like the word picture that you used with the Cheetah! I would want to run away too. I wonder why I was thinking your semester for your Math class is over maybe I corrolated it to being done with my techno research class being finished! I was so happy to have that class behind me! Today starts another research class. I think this one teaches me how to do a thesis. When I print off my syllabi I hope I don't faint away at the work load. ~ Make sure your plan to celebrate some how when you get finished! And give your self a double pat for doing the math class all online! ;) Are You going to take another class?

McVal said...

Wow! You've got a regular veterinary clinic in house! Poor puppies.
I was a math minor until I took college algebra, taught by a hippy who was a physics teacher filling in. I failed miserably even tho I loved math in high school. I dropped the minor. Had to take a few others tho for computer degree.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I remember those college days. I can't imagine doing that while raising a family, too. You're Wonder Woman! Hope all goes well with your dogs and they heal quickly. Beautiful pictures of the sunset.

I'm most thankful for my Lord and Savior and that I don't have to do life with out Him!

Donna said...

Dear Jill..hang in there..we're with you--in prayer. Some weeks are just like that. I've been waitressing all week and am so tired! It's a fun kind of tired..but I'm glad it's finally over.

I'm buried in math too with two high schoolers. Makes me realize how much I've forgotten. I'm impressed at your determination. Just don't look at that cheetah any more!! Tee-hee!

Love,
Donna

Camille said...

So sorry about your doggy scares/surgeries! How they become a part of the family!! :)

Oh Jill...that MATH!!! Yikes!! Try to relax about it all and take it one day at a time. Get back to visiting when things settle down at your home...we all understand! :)

Many blessings,
Camille

~ Noelle said...

that math looks like a foreign language to me...
ughhh
hope the household is getting better