Thursday, January 20, 2011

Morning fun :-)

Today is the day we go to the school for preschool story hour.  It helps to get the new Kindergartners familiar with the library before they start in the Fall.  This morning I had Kathleen dressed in a Dora dress that I found that use to be Hayley's.  I have been organizing and donating and found a few things she will now be able to wear.

Growing up so quickly and to think my little Hayley use to fit in this same dress!
When we arrived at school we were asked to go back outside as they were going to do a fire drill. It was a good experience for Kathleen to hear what it sounds like and to watch all the kids lining up outside.
   The story today was the Snowy Day, which is one of my all time favorites! They must have had the same ideas as I because they did chalk and snowball pictures with the kids.

Notice the super cute tutu? Kathleen made this herself when we got home.

Love the look of concentration on her face. :-0

First position....

Thank you Lori for the awesome craft kit!

It's no secret that I'm a Mom that will do anything for the well being of my children. So when General Mills asked me to share this video and link about Box Tops for education I was more than happy to. General Mills first created Box tops for education in 1996! You can find them on over 240 different brands, such as Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Kleenex, Ziploc and more! Please take a few minutes to check out www.btfe.com for more information. Even if you don't have children, saving and turning these in really helps out local schools. We have our sheets hanging on the refrigerator and as we use the products we add to the collection. Thanks for checking them out!

Hope you are having a great day!!

Blessings,
Jill

16 comments:

McVal said...

Wow! I love that tutu!

Rayanne said...

she is the cutest blog model ever!!!!!

Donna said...

So Sweet Jill!! Wow--that made our gloomy weather seem a lot less gloomy. Such a darling tutu! Tell your daughter that I'm impressed. :o)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

She is sure cute in that tutu!

Bec said...

Hi Jill! Its been a few weeks since I have popped over to see you and your gorgeous family! I dont know if it is just the mention of Kathleen starting school soon but she looks taller!! She must have had a growth spurt in the last few weeks? That is great about being asked to offer education tips, we can all use a little tip here and there thats for sure :) Have a great day Jill x

Sue said...

Hi Kim.....Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog....Your little redhead is a doll....How old is she??....I love that she made her own tutu....If you get a chance please stop back over at my blog and go back three posts (to the one before the Facebook post).....Anybody who follows my blog has to know who Miss "B" is and I did a post about her 2011 calendar...I think you will appreciate it having such an adorable daughter of your own....Sue @ Rue Mouffetard

Cindy said...

Yeah...that tutu rocks!!
Enjoy the night

Life In a Little House said...

Oh she looks so cute!! Tell her I said she did a wonderful job on the TUTU and I think it is fabulous ~Love Heather

Heather M said...

I love her tutu, I love even more that she did it her self!! Sh is soooooo cute!!!

Julie Harward said...

I have to say...she is the cutest little red head since my little red haired girl! Darling tutu too :D

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I love Hayley's hat! She is so cute in it!

I also adore the snow picture and Kathleen's tutu. You've got such talented kids and on top of it, you're so darn creative.

Jenny said...

Tutus are the best! Do you think it would be weird if I wore one too? They just make you bouncy.

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Cute. Cute. Cute!

Lynn said...

I was wondering if anyone could turn in those cereal box thingys thanks for the info. I love the tutu your daughter made that is just cute. I love the picture they did also for the Snowy Day story.

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Jill
They are so adorable! Thank you for stopping in tonight. Have a great weekend!

~ Noelle said...

love that they do the story hour.. that way school wont seem so scary!
her tutu is just tu :) cute