Monday, January 3, 2011

Some holiday highlights....Toy Story 3 on ice

Happy New Year!! I was hoping to get a post done before now and catch up with everyone but it has been a whirlwind of activities and entertaining here! Also going on very little sleep as I'm sure many of you can relate to as we cram every available second in with our family and friends. I wouldn't change a thing though.
Today I am planning on getting back into routine and getting ready for the new year ahead. My to do list is longer then the hours in a day....but I will get started. :-)

Hayley's girl scout troop was offering discounted tickets to see Disney's Toy Story on ice so we decided to go. I'm so glad we did, it was just delightful and the girls LOVED it! If you have not seen this movie and you are a parent...I recommend it highly, along with a box of tissues. It is really moving.

This is the outfit Kathleen picked to wear and I thought she was just too cute in it so I had to share! :-)


This is a bit blurry because I took it while driving, but you can get the idea of how festive Philadelphia was for the holidays.


Some random shots, the city was pretty at night. Although the traffic we could have done without. There had been an accident and we were tied up for a long time. Kathleen piped up and said "O.k. that's it, we're walking there!" Jerry said how do you think we are going to do that? She replied "I'll get up on your shoulders and hold the GPS and it will tell us where to go and be a lot faster!" She was very serious about her solution, making us laugh.


I believe this is the Art museum in the distance...



Again blurry, but this was a whole row of homes across the water all decorated and it was really beautiful, but at the rate of speed we were traveling the pictures do not give it justice!


Getting ready for the show!








I have many other great pictures, but don't want to spoil it for those who may get the chance to go. :-)



The girls had a fabulous time and were quite exhausted on the ride home... I love these moments with them, the awe and wonderment as they watched the show!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, happy, successful New Year! Have lots more to share in the coming days. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! so much so it tuckered them right out :) ~We are getting back into our schedules this week as well. School starts today for my younger 2. ~Have a blessed week goodluck getting all our things done ~Love Heather

Life In a Little House said...

oopps typo meant to say good luck getting all Your! things done:) lol ~Love Heather

Kim said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love the shot of them both passed out in the back seat. Too cute!

I agree. Make sure you bring the tissue box along to Toy Story 3. Loved that movie!

Happy New Year, Jill!

Carmen said...

Ah. Such a fun Family event. I need to find out when it will come to my area. I bet my kiddos would enjoy it.

Mandie said...

Oh, Jill, that looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to see something on ice like that. How fun! It looks like you all had a beautiful Christmas and lots of family. There isn't any better way to spend the holidays. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Jenny said...

I agree, Disney on Ice Shows are the BEST! When my daughter was into princesses, we saw some great shows. Glad you guys got a chance to go.

Sandra J said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the girls. And I love the pictures of downtown Philadelphia - they remind me a lot of downtown Pittsburgh when they do light up night.

McVal said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I'm sure my kids would've enjoyed that.
I love Christmas lights and do not look forward to taking mine down this weekend because then it means I need to fix the outside lights... The bulbs burned out...

Susan said...

That last picture says it all! I almost think I see a hint of a smile on the girls' faces!
Blessings!

Julie Harward said...

That looks like lots of fun..I want to go! :D

Donna said...

Dear Jill..how fun!! I remember going to an icecapades when I was a girl, in Dallas, and I never ever forgot it. We are all huge fans of Toy Story...and just received Toy Story 3 as a gift. It's a little intense compared to the other ones..you would want to preview it. I LOVE seeing the characters coming to life in your photos. The girls are so darling. :o)

Thanks for sharing this with those of us who won't get to go. :o)

xo
Donna

Camille said...

What a fun family time! I especially *love* it when the kids are asleep in the van...such sweet memories! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Foxglove Spires said...

Looks so wonderful, I am sure it was a fabulous night. My daughter always loves Disney on ice.

Have a glorious week. xxx

Bec said...

hehe love the last photo, they must have had fun!!

Julie said...

For 2 years I worked with Disney on Ice, Snow White. It is just amazing the work these kids do to put on such great shows. It was also so much fun watching the kids enjoy the shows. I so love your pictures. Thank you again for sharing.
Take care and God Bless!!