Friday, January 7, 2011

Some snow!

Yesterday was quite busy getting back into the daily routines. I had the Geek Squad here to look at Hayley's little net book ( the service was part of the package deal) and it was close to Hayley coming home from school. I always watch for her at the door along with the dogs, but talking to him it was one day I didn't. I know my neighbor is always out front as well so I didn't worry about her getting off the bus. So about 4 PM my doorbell rings and I answer it to see Hayley standing there, I had to chuckle about why did you ring the doorbell? She said "well I didn't want him to think a stranger was just walking in our house!" LOL Where do they come up with these thoughts I wonder? I was like Hayley... it's your home! LOL

This morning we were awoken early with the announcement that school would be 2 hours late due to the weather. As the morning went on I was surprised at first that they didn't cancel it completely as it was snowing and accumulating pretty well. I debated even sending her, I worry about her riding in on the buses in this weather. After watching the news I saw it was to be fairly warm and was getting ready to end anyway. So I decided to let her go in, all the while praying for safe travels. We got about 3 inches and Kathleen was so excited! I bundled her up to go out to the bus stop with me and then I shoveled the driveway etc. Of course I took my camera out later and she was so cold she didn't want to come back out. So I have evidence of her in the snow but no pics yet! LOL Yet the dogs were pretty happy to see me out with them.

Jerry's 62 Ford Galaxie, it's too long to fit in our garage :-(

Kathleen's footprints....

Her snow angel.....

Our home, which this is about the only time you can see it is when the trees are bare...

Bird houses in our front yard to keep our feathered friends warm :-)

This is a little run off area in our front yard the kids love playing in. The neighborhood boys are always in our yard looking for crayfish etc.

As you can see to the left of the picture they had to slide down our front hill first thing :-)

Owen loved the snow! He had a great time running around and playing and burying his ball!

Sally was more interested in getting inside!!

These two were all about playing ball, but they move so quick for getting good pictures!

Patches really wanted me to put the camera down and play! LOL

Poor Owen, the snow became little ice balls on his feet! I gave him a nice warm bath and lots of cuddles to keep him warm and happy. :-)

Enhanced by Zemanta
I am really longing for summer time today.....Snow is pretty to look at but just too cold for me! I enjoy our days at Longwood Gardens enjoying the beauty.... the girls LOVE going there. Every year my Mother's day gift is a yearly renewal to the gardens.

We are having another busy weekend with lots of running and some more entertaining. Hoping to get my Math completed early if time. I will be so thankful when that class is over. :-) Hopefully I will be able to get sleep again. So far still carrying an A, but this week is tough....then we have a final test reviewing all 6 intense weeks. Ugh. I need prayers because 3-4 hours a night of sleep is really not working for me!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill

31 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Oh my ... it is going to be the year of snow!!! LOL I think we will be getting more here this week-end too. (NC)
Such a beautiful home ... beautiful animals and a beautiful mom to the sweetest snow angels I mean little girls. LOL
God bless you my friend.
Bren

Tracey said...

Hi Jill! Your home is beautiful and I love all of the snow pics! Poor Owen, he looks cold! That cracked me up Hayley ringing the door bell! Have a great weekend.
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Linda said...

Wow-beautiful photos and your home is lovely!
So much snow and a snowfall like we had here in England a coouple of weeks ago.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs

claudia b said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Jill. I really appreciate it.

Wow, look at all that snow! I do love that last pic, beautiful!

Carmen said...

Awww. THe snow that is gathered at the Owens feet! Brrr! It does look like he had fun chasing the ball around though. - Really nice warmer looking pictures too! I am sure it won't be to long before I will be ready for Spring too.

McVal said...

I think that is so funny that she rang the doorbell! At least she didn't call you by your formal name... Mrs. .... lol!
Your home is lovely!

Julie said...

I had an Irish Setter that would be covered in snow balls when we went out to play. Love little Owen. Thanks for sharing.
Take care Jill and have a great evening. God Bless!!

Donna said...

Wow Jill..I love those photos! Year of Snow??!! What's that?! The only snow I get is at your house..or one of my other bloggy friends. Of course, I'm not complaining. I love our gorgeous weather and long walks in what seems like unending fall weather. (Not to brag of course. Tee-hee!)

Thanks for your sweet comments. I'm getting better..but about to be swamped for a whole week..business company. I'll be cooking like crazy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not that crazy about cooking. Sigh...

Love the photo of the children near the pond. They look so sweet!

xo
Donna

Donna said...

Kids are so funny aren't they? And little girls are so precocious. They say the funniest things!
My youngest, a boy, used to answer the door with, "Hi, I'm cute!" We made a rule after that, no calling the 'baby' of the family cute. Ha!

Emy said...

Great pics! I love snow, but it doesn't snow that often or that much where I live.

Thanks for stopping my blog. I'm now following. Make sure to stop by and enter a giveaway or two.

Kerri said...

We had a two hour delay too...but it looks like you got much more snow than we did!
Your home is so pretty... nestled back in the trees!

Airamty said...

Hi Jill thanks so much for the follow. We are so happy to follow back! Poor Owen...he really looks too cute with the snow on his paws...Today we had more sonow....ufff...I am really waiting for a good and warm summer time. I don't like cold winter, too!

Simplegirl said...

Poor Owen with little snow balls on his paws. Thank you Jill for the follow, I'm following back. Wish, we could get some snow down here at least once, it would be so nice for the kids.

Suertemom said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I'm following back.

Lisa B. said...

We havn't gotten any snow here in Missouri where I live.... yet. We are suppose to get about 3" this coming Sunday. Last year by this time we already had 16"!

Your pics are great, the one of Owen with snowballs on his feet, remind me of my two little dogs when their hair is long it does the same thing. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Purple Froggie Clay Stuff said...

Great photos, I'm jealous of the snow!

Thank you for following with Welcome Weekend Blog Hop, I'm now following you too!

Cindy

Camille said...

How very beautiful it all is Jill! Your home is just lovely and especially pretty surrounded by all that snow. Your photos capture it all...*love* the snow angel! :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Lecia said...

I love your home! The snow is beautiful. We have some here as well. I just love the snow, but like you, I find it too cold!

Sheila said...

Jill,
Your pictures are wonderful. Poor Owen--his feet look so cold. I'm with Sally--let me in when it's cold and snowy outside!! Your house is lovely. I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Take care.

Heather said...

Thanks for following me at Teens and a Toddler I am following you back, we woke up to snow this morning. Just a few inches for my birthday! Yay

Traci66 said...

Thank you for following me. I am following you too now.

Life In a Little House said...

Oh dear poor little Owen lol I have never had snow balls on my feet :) ~ Looks cold brrrrr The Gardens look like a beautiful place to visit ~Have a great weekend Love Heather

bluecottonmemory said...

My cat walk out the door, took four steps and came back to the door, stretching up against it as if to say, "LET ME BACK IN: SNOW IS NOT NICE." You'd really have thought a coyote was after her.

Wonderful pictures - and sweet story about your daughter knocking on the door. It must be a boy thing, but mine would have no problem coming in through a window, never thinking about the neighbors thinking they were thieves! LOL

Jill said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments, and welcome to my new followers! Have a lovely weekend!!

Melanie said...

The snow is so pretty. I had my feel of it last winter in Cincinnati. Now we are in SC and got some the day after Christmas. It was so pretty. Melted in a few days. We are suppose to get some on Monday. Well see. Stay warm.

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Wonderful photos of snow! The puppy with snowy paws is my favorite!!

kewkew said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for joining in with the Welcome weekend Blog hop. I am now following your blog. Sorry it took me so long.
I really enjoyed your snow pictures. Our girls are longing to go out in the snow and play. We got a lot today (we live in Pa). I loved the snow angel and the puppy snowy paws pictures.
Blessings.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Jill, I'm not sure what made me smile more...the kiddos in the snow or just seeing the snow and your beautiful home. I can just imagine how much the kids like hanging there just to slide and play.

Karen said...

what great pictures.. I have only seen snow once in my life..and it was beautiful...
Have a blessed week ahead.

~ Noelle said...

i have never seen the little snow balls!
lol, it is cute for a pic, but i bet it was not any fun!!!
thanks for sharing your pics, our little bit of snow/LOTS OF ICE kept us indoors, so although i think it was probably pretty, we did not get to see it...
:(

radio control cars said...

Your home is beautiful and all of the snow photographs are superb.
I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.