Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday happenings including a yummy crockpot meal!

We started this day with a playdate, then a series of general things throughout the day. The excitement of laundry and cleaning. I even at one point let Kathleen play Wii Resort while I worked on my school work. So much to get done, so little time. I find I'm so tired in the evenings, so I try to find a little time during the day to work on my school work.

Hayley has been losing teeth like crazy This one from a couple nights ago and this morning another one! She's saving her $$ for the Taylor Swift concert, lol.
Speaking of Taylor Swift, while Kathleen was playing the Wii she got to the next level and broke a new record, she screamed out "Mom , wait till I tell Taylor Swift I broke a record! She is going to be so proud!"
I replied "yes, she certainly will" :-)

I always like to do something special for Kathleen's lunches and today I made a snowman...

She was very excited and melted my heart with a huge hug and thanking me over and over.

I'm just happy I can make her smile....

Since we were rushing out for dance this evening I put in a yummy crockpot meal in the morning.

Ground Turkey Potato Dinner!!
1 lb ground turkey
5 cups raw potatoes peeled and sliced
1 onion sliced
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of black pepper
14 1/2 oz can cut green beans undrained
4 oz can mushrooms undrained
10 3/4 oz cream of chicken soup

1. Crumble uncooked ground turkey in slow cooker
2. Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper
3.Add beans and mushrooms, pour soup over the top
4) Cover and cook on high 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

Enjoy!!!

We are also busy and in full swing selling Girl Scout cookies. :-)
Just a sampling... these are so dangerous to have in the house lol.

I am working on some menu planning and money savings posts coming soon! Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Blessings,
Jill

20 comments:

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

How cute is that little snack! And thanks for the heads up on the girl scout cookies will have to close the curtains and pretend not to be home when my neighbor's girl comes by. Just kidding, I always buy them, and then always feel guilty eating them. Thankfully I have some wonderful boys who can make short work of them! Good luck with your sales.

Buckeroomama said...

Your turkey crockpot meal looks really yummy --perfect for the winter weather. :)

And that's a really cute snowman meal you made! My kids would love that. :)

Cherie said...

You are such a fun mom! I want a snowman lunch - How cool is that!!
The crockpot meal looks great - I love adding recipes to my collection because in my opinion whoever invented the crock pot is a genious!
Don't even get me started on Girl Scout cookies...Samoa's YUM YUM YUM!!!

Julie Harward said...

Lunch is fun at your place thats for sure! I like the crock pot meal too, always a good comfort meal! :D

Heather M said...

That snow man lunch is so cute, I tell you this all the time but your such a awesome mom The turkey crock pot looks yum!!

Camille said...

What a fun Mom you are Jill! CUTE lunch!! :)

Mmmmm....we like us some Girl Guide cookies....yum!

And Yippeee for the crock pot! A life-saver on those busy days.

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Camille

A Primitive Homestead said...

Sam lost so many teeth at once I was afraid he was pulling permanet teeth for the dollar. They did come back. Good thing! I think we all need some warm weather & sunshine to take away the tiredness.Blessings!

Sheila said...

What happy girls you have!! Thanks for the recipe--I think we will have to try that soon. Hope you get some rest and warmer days soon. Take care.

Wendi said...

So far I have been able to avoid the Girl Scout cookies! Super cute snowman and I can so relate to being tired in the evening.

Have a great day!

Foxglove said...

I love your snowman Jill. Ah, the tooth fairy is always a wonderful thing to look forward to, my little one is loosing her teeth as well!!!

Have a warm and happy rest of your week. xxx

SonyaAnn said...

You are a perfect mom. When they grow up, they will be so grateful for you. You amaze me at every turn.
And I don't know how you are managing to get it all done. And your dinner looked super yummy. I'll have to try it!

Holly said...

Yum to the meal...and ESPECIALLY yum to the cookies!

Sara said...

I love the snowman lunch!!

Thanks for sharing the crockpot recipe. I'm going to bookmark it!!

firefly said...

Oh how I LOVE those caramel delites!!! They are by far my FAOVRITE cookie- EVER!! I like to put them in the freezer and then eat them when they are really chewy... YUM!!

YAY for Haley for losing teeth and being smart to save the money for the concert! Tell her I am green with envy that she gets to see Taylor Swift in concert. Lily and I love her songs, too!!!

Suzanne W. said...

My 6 year old just lost her first tooth 2 nights ago! What an event! It's Girl Scout cookie time? Can't do it, they're my favorite and I'm trying to lose weight because I'm standing up in my brother's wedding this summer! Aghhh!

Jenny said...

Very cute snowman, I love to make lunches fun too. Might as well right?

Life In a Little House said...

Oh how cute Anna did the same thing she lost 6 teeth in one week lol!! the dinner looks really yummy, the snowman is super cute ~and oh yummm Girl Scout cookies ~Hope your having a Great week ~Love Heather

McVal said...

Oh my! What an awesome snowman lunch!!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, Hayley is losing teeth and raking in the dough :) :) :) I think that's awesome she's saving her money for the Taylor Swift concert. You and hubby are teaching her well :) :) I remember getting money for losing teeth, but I can't even remember what I spent it on!!! Kathleen's lunch sandwich, that's cool!!!! That crockpot recipe looks easy...and I sure do love easy peasy for the kitchen :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Kat said...

Hi Jill I love Girl Scout cookies my favorite are the mint ones! yummy! the crock pot dinner looks yummy too. I love the snowman! so cute. My daughter's step daughter to be is 10 and she is losing a lot of teeth too. It's funny they always seem to come out at the dinner table. Have a great week. big hugs