Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book Review: The Power- Based life by Mike Flynt


It's no secret that I love to read, and when I found out about booksneeze.com I had to check it out.  I received The Power- Based Life by Mike Flynt, published by Thomas Nelson from them to read and review. 

It does not normally take me a long time to get through reading a book, however between the holidays and school this one took a little longer than I had anticipated, so I wanted to be sure to get my review completed.

The Power -Based  Life has a way of drawing you in from the first page. Mike Flynt was a football player and an insurance salesman for awhile before he found his passion in life. He provides twelve strategies for helping you follow your goals and dreams. There are many areas of the book that offer great wisdom and leaves you thinking long after the book is done. His faith along with his experiences create an enjoyable read.

It is refreshing to read about someone who believes in something with all his heart and wants to share that knowledge with others. This particular quote I found in his book is so very true. "Men and women with positive mental attitudes don't have to find the one job they can tolerate; they'll master any job they take up. They'll make the workplace better for everyone else. And what others consider drudgery, they'll transform into an adventure" (Flynt, 2010, p. 34). Mike has many inspirational stories that he also shares in his book. I have marked several pages that offered great insights. But I recommend you reading it for yourselves. :-)

It's an enjoyable read to help you organize your thoughts and your life to work towards your goals. His strong faith in God is refreshing to read and I would recommend this book to everyone to add to your reading lists.

Thank you booksneeze.com for the opportunity to review this book.

All views and opinions are mine and I was not influenced in any way to write a positive review. I was only asked to provide a review after reading the book.

Blessings,
Jill

3 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

The book sounds really interesting!!! I'm reading through Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University Revisited" right now, but this would be a good one to try next :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Julie Harward said...

It sounds real good, I love to sit down with a good book too, especially in these cold winter months. When I was little I'd spend most of the summer in my fav. tree, reading :D

Jill said...

Hi Heather... It is a great, inspiring read. Dave Ramsey has great books as well. I haven't read that one yet though.

Hi Julie... I'm the same, there's just nothing like the comfort of a great book to read!