Monday, February 28, 2011

It's official...

Today was the day I registered Kathleen for Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? Here is the outfit she picked for her special moment.

Let us not forget to focus on the all important sparkly shoes! :-)

She was so very excited to find these shoes this weekend. We of course were shopping for sensible tennis shoes, then she saw these and well the rest is history..... :-)

Speaking of shoes and new adventures, I've decided to add running to my workouts. I unfortunately have very weak ankles and knees from dancing when I was younger. My husband likes to run and has pushed through injuries to run a 1/2 marathon. I figure nothing can stop me if I put my mind to it. So I decided to get the proper shoes. Jerry goes to a specialized running store locally. He insisted I have them fit me. A little known secret about me... I have big feet and terrible time getting fitted! LOL Now yes I am 5' 10" but....
So anyway, I meet this man who is a runner and an expert on feet! I have never had such a thorough look over of my feet ever! I stood on a mat that measured my arches, he scrutinized the tread of my current shoe to note the walking pattern, he had me walk and observe my feet (confirming my ankles were very weak) Measured me at a 10....but as I explained the shoes do not agree.... about a million shoes later I ended up with a better fit in men's running shoes, size 10 1/2 Yikes!! (would be 12 in womens if they made them!) Plus my left foot is longer just slightly than my right...hmmm who  knew?  But I did get a $150.00 pair of shoes for $35.00 since they were last year's model. Happiness there! :-) But stylish sexy, women's shoes....ummm no didn't happen.

So I tried finding something that didn't look too mannish while running down the rd. You know how it is... I'm convinced everyone will see me coming and say "oh my gosh!! She's wearing men's running shoes!!" LOL.
But even funnier is I haven't worn them yet because I don't want to get them all dirty, lol. Can you tell as a mom I don't get a lot of new things? :-) So this week I started a walk/run program on my treadmill. Definitely a sweaty workout! LOL

Since we were blessed enough to receive a tax return we upgraded our cell phones to the Droid Incredible. They had a buy one get one free deal so we really lucked out. However it will take some time trying to get it all figured out! LOL The salesman had to show us how to make and receive calls. This technology amazes me!
Then I treated myself a little more and got this Vera Bradley mini purse/phone holder to keep it safe. :-)

It's nice to have a little extra cash sometimes, just to enjoy something for ourselves. :-) The girls of course got treats as well.

Making some new recipes this week so I'll be posting with pics after trying them out. :-) Still having yucky rain here.... but little warmer temperatures. So that's a positive! Hope you're having a great day!!

Blessings,
Jill

25 comments:

Amy said...

I homeschool. I removed my daughter from Kindergarden. I love every minute of it.

I hope that you have a good school to send her too.

Annie Jones said...

I love NBs. They are the only athletic shoes I'll wear, and I wear them a lot...like 5-6 days a week for about 12 hours a day! And like you, I hate to get them dirty for the first time. :)

Lindsay said...

Your little one looks so pretty in her dress!

I love my NB's! Got them at BJ's for 36.00, score!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill, K's outfit is so cute..She did a great job picking out the outfit herself..and those sparkly shoes...ADORABLE :) :) :)

I hav big feet, so I understand about having a hard time finding shoes sometimes!!!

Oh, let me know how you like the Droid phone. When I'm in a position to do so, I'm going to switch cell phone providers. Right now I"m on a month-to-month plan, since my contract has expired. It's actually a good place for me to be right now !!!

I'm so happy you all could enjoy some goodies.!!! Your cellphone bag is also super cute ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

claudia b said...

omg Kathleen looks so cute, she is very stylish, sparkly shoes MAKE that outfit!!!

Miranda said...

Kathleen's outfit is darling. Her shoes are awesome, I know my own little girl would love them...there's nothing like sparkly shoes!

I love your Vera Bradley phone holder. So pretty!

Bec said...

oh Jill those shoes look fine!! No one will notice at all! Kathleen looks excited, time goes so fast doesnt it. At least you have your study to keep you busy, though Im sure you will fell a bit lost to begin with (as have I). Sorry I havent been by lately, just needing some 'unplug' time :) Glad to see all is well.

Along A Widowed Road said...

Your post brought a smile to my face when you speak of being a mom who doesn't get new things. I'm glad you 'all' were able to get some things that made life maybe easier.

Take care, Viola

Heather M said...

Her shoes are soooooooo cute!! What an excitting day!!! So glad that you got to spoil your self a little!!!

Rayanne said...

wow...I remember that time, long ago. Enjoy your time with her, take lots of pictures, the time will go by way too fast.

Life In a Little House said...

oh lots of exciting things going on over here. I need a new cell phone but I am not eligible for a deal yet such a bummer. I am kind of frustrated with At&t may be time to change plans....Kathleen looks adorable. Love her shoes...and for running just make sure you warm up really good it is so important and you may want to try some of Dr. Christophers tissue and bone ointment that stuff is awesome. It is like bone butter lol...I used it on my neck when I injured it and my husband used it on his broken ankle...maybe it would help your ankles as well? ~Hope your having a great week so far ~Love Heather

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Yay for surprises and for kindergarten registration and most of all, sparkly shoes. She is adorable in her outfit.

Sheila said...

Kathleen is too cute!! Love the shoes. Wow--5'10"!! I'm barely 5'1" tall--or short as they like to remind me around here! I would love a cell phone that I could do things with but we--my daughters and I--have trac-fones--they are the only ones that work in our area. I've been walking on our treadmill for a while now and I love it. I seem to have more energy after I get finished. I use the elliptical too--now to start on some weight training. I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Take care.

Karen said...

Congrats on all the above.. and your tennis shoes look nice,,and I love the deal.. $35 is awesome.. I started running again too.. when we made this move. we live in a nice quiet, friendly neighborhood,, so for the first week , I walked it,,and last night I started running (most) of it.. its a starting point..
Well you go girl.. Happy running..

Jenny said...

Kathleen looks adorable. Good for you for starting running. Even better you were properly fitted. I get fitted at our running store every time I need shoes. Just to make sure I get the right kind. I have heard/read so many horror stories about people getting injured from wearing the wrong shoes. I am putting off registering Parker for kindergarten as long as i can. I am dreading it. Makes me so sad.

Vic said...

extra cash is always NICE:) she's a doll and what gal wouldn't go crazy for a pair of shoes:) and we are starting a workout group, because my butt needs to get in gear...nice sneaks!

Nezzy said...

I want some pretty sparkly shoes!!! Cute! I hope she has a good year.

Runnin' too??? You go girl!

God bless and have a beautiful day sweetie!

Giveaway...my place! :o)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a cute outfit, trying not to covet the Driod, my mom wears size 12, great deal on your shoes and no they don't look too manly! Whew, did I get it all, LOL? Blessings to you :)

Julie said...

The best shoes for me at NB, my mama buys me a pair each year for my birthday. I love them, you will too. And my dear, as long as they fit and feel good, don't worry about the size, just enjoy them. Good job on jogging/running. Proud of you.
I love K's sparkly shoes, Abby has a pair of red ones and Hannan wanted the pink ones we found the other day. So cute.
Take care and God Bless!!

Mark said...

I thought that Kathleen was older than that. Love those shoes! She looks like a little doll.
As for your shoes, have the kids color them pink.
Your Friend, m.

Liz said...

What an exciting day for Kathleen! And those shoes are so fancy, love all the sparkles!

Good for you starting to run, just be careful with those ankles! I think you did a great job picking out the shoes, they don't look too mannish at all. And what a deal!

New cell phones are always tricky to learn, love the phone purse

Mandie said...

Congrats. on the new shoes and great price! My father-in-law wears new balance and swears by them. He has a flat foot and it really helps him with an arch. I have had a hard time finding shoes to start walking. I have tried on tons of shoes :(. I found a pair that I thought were going to work and now they hurt, lol. A waste of money and shoes aren't cheap. I am going to have to find a place like that to fit my silly feet.

I am so happy for Kathleen! What an exciting adventure she will have. She looks sweet in her outfit. They grow up way too fast for us mamas.

Blessings :)

Linda said...

Hi Jill,
What an excting time! I love the photo of your little one-she looks so cute and her shoes are just adorable! Children grow up so fast don't they?!
Have a great rest of the week.
Blessings.

Lynn said...

Man I remember taking my daughter for registration for Kindergarten, seems so long ago now. Your daughter is very pretty in her fancy duds there and those shoes are too cute and sparkly seems to be in right now. Good luck with your running, I have an exercise bike that I try to get on sometimes my knee hurts too bad for running. Thats cool about the cell phones I bet those are fun to play with :o)

Camille said...

The sparkly shoes are too cute! And well done on beginning a running routine! Go at it within reason and enjoy! :)