Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The results are in....

What a stressful morning as a Mom! After Hayley got on the bus I took Kathleen in for her allergy testing.  Today they wanted her to eat a whole egg and monitor the reaction. She was allowed 1 bite at a time and we were there for several hours. Good news....no reactions!:-) She has also decided she loves eggs, lol.

Such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, the worry, the uncertainties, so much. I will still carry the epipen and benadryl as we go throughout the next few months as a precaution, but the Dr. seems to think she's outgrown it. :-)

So we decided to take her out to dinner of her choice restaurant... she chose Friendly's because she wanted a sundae that she could actually eat!!! This is so exciting for us! To watch her fully enjoy this sundae with no worries brought tears to my eyes...

Someone was VERY excited! LOL

Her eyes just crack me up! LOL!!

Big sister is very happy too!

Look Mom, I get sprinkles and candy!!!

She was very particular about putting it on her sundae.


Oh my! Look at the size of that sundae! LOL


Mmmmmm pure bliss!

How such a simple joy as a sundae can hold so much signifigance!
We are so very blessed.

I will still continue to post allergy free recipes.  In all our happiness, I ended up breaking out and having trouble swallowing after eating there. I've been tested before for allergies but they can never pinpoint the source. My meal was very simple, a turkey club (minus the bacon) with little mayo and fries. It must be something they cook in.  Like oils or something, wish I could pinpoint it, but luckily I had lots of benadryl on me :-)


No, I'm not showing my jewelry here, lol, it's the rash setting in on my body which actually was on my face, bumps and all (not flattering) Guess I need to figure out what is affecting me this time. The irony....This picture doesn't even show it that well due to the lights in the bathroom. Hayley wanted to get a picture of it, it was actually worse than this. Hmmm for now it's a mystery!


Have a wonderful evening!!!!

Many Blessings,
Jill

25 comments:

claudia b said...

yay Kathleen!!! that is awesome news!
sorry you broke out! i wonder what on earth could have caused it. i am allergic to just about everything, if i brush up against the wrong plant i get welts right away, allergies SUCK!

Donna said...

Jill..I'm so happy for you!! How wonderful! I bet she was in heaven on earth. Sorry you got allergies..That's just awful!

I'm so happy that you don't have to worry about your little girl anymore. God is so good!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Heather M said...

YAY, YAY!! what a huge relief!!! I think i need to eat that sundae now!!! Looks like you guys had a great night!!! I'm sorry you had a reaction!

Julie Harward said...

Good news about her but now what about you? That looks awful mom! ;D

Sheila said...

Yay for Kathleen. She looks so happy--I just have to smile every time I see a picture of her. Hayley and Jerry look really happy for her too--bet this takes lots of worry away for all of you. I've been rushed to the ER a few times with hives so bad I could hardly breathe--we've never figured out my problem either. I hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Wendi said...

I am so happy for Kathleen! I think she earned the right to eat that big sundae.

Mark said...

Congratulations to Kathleen! I don't know where I would be if I couldn't eat ice-cream. Actually, I would still be here but 30lbs lighter. Now I'm sad.
Is your husband texting while you are suppose to be having a family meal together? I sure hope not.
Your Friend, m.

Jenny said...

Yay! I am so happy for you and Kathleen.What a relief. I love Friendlys, what a great choice sweet girl.

Kerri said...

Oh what wonderful news! I'm so happy for Kathleen...and you guys! Now, I would like to go to Friendly's too......

Lindsay said...

Great News!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Look at all that ice cream!

~Niki~ said...

so glad you all had fun and few problems with allergies. my oldest is 17 and has such bad astham he cannot go in the military~he's so upset.

Jill said...

Thanks everyone!

@ Mark - No he wasn't texting, lol, he was using his tip calculator :-) LOL :-)

McVal said...

Good for her that she outgrew it! Bad for you tho!!! I hope you're able to find out what's bothering you.
When my youngest was really little her face would break out whereever Ranch dressing touched it. We didn't know what it was that affected her, but she outgrew that. Whew! Makes me wonder what it was doing to her insides!

Life In a Little House said...

YAY!! Kathleen how exciting!! I am so happy for you I remember when I out grew my egg allergy!! I was so happy to be able to eat eggs and not have to worry I would have to be taken to the hospital! Praying that Kathleen has complete healing from all her allergies!
And oh dear look at you!! That looks like Eurothema multiform...I know I spelled that wrong. That is what my daughters rash looks like if she has a chemical reaction to detergent or a medicine. You will have to see if you changed anything or came in contact with something. Hope it clears up and soon for you ~Will pray for you as well ~Love Heather

Carmen said...

OH Jill that is absolutly wonderful! The look on Kathleen's face says it all. What a joyful occassion. I can't imagine how this must feel -- pure bliss -- sounds right! Fabulous!

Then bless your heart on your reaction! I hope it feels better soon.

THanks for your comment. Yes, Love stories are so funny. I look forward to buying a camera card. I started my love story series thinking that it would just be fun. I don't have a FB account but my MOm put it on her account that I was writing it and so now I have stats going up and no comments! I like my "keep it simple" post best. I hope to finish up this crazy mess that I have on my blog soon! ;) = heehee!

Mark said...

I had to come back to see the answer. A Tip Calculator???? Now I've heard it all. I guess I can die now.
m.

Julie said...

Jill, I don't think your rash had to do with food. To me that looked like a stress rash. You have had a lot going on and then the excitment of this, just possibly it could of been that. Just my thought since I have been there too.
Take care Jill and have a blessed evening.

Kim said...

WOW! I had no idea! I can only imagine how hard your lives have been having to avoid eggs for so long. Scary, scary, scary! SOOOOO happy to hear that she appears to have outgrown it.

What a sweet, sweet sundae that was indeed. So happy for all of you.

Cindy said...

Yeah for Kathleen!
That has got to be such a HUGE relief for you guys.
That sundae looked so delicious. Haven't been to a Friendlies since college...YUM!
Have a happy night

Mandie said...

I am so happy for Kathleen!! And that ice cream sure looks YUMMY!! I hope your rash is doing better. Blessings

Veronica Lee said...

Yay!!!! Congrats to Kathleen! I love, love, love the photos. Such happy smiles!!

Have a nice day!!

Mama Hen said...

Yippee! That is happy news! As a mom you want to know that your children are safe. That is a huge relief! The ice cream looks delicious and is a perfect way to celebrate. I am sorry about your rash. Hope you feel better my friend! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Mommy Of Two Little Blessings said...

Sorry about the rash. Though it's hard to see in the picture, the neclace is pretty though. *smile* Oh! we went to a friendlies a couple times when we were on a business trip with my beloved husband the ONE time we have joined him. It was a fun resturant. We all enjoyed it. *smile* Have a great day with your girls. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

The expression on her face is definitely pure bliss. Sorry that you broke out though. Hope it disappeared as quickly as it came.