Friday, February 11, 2011

A valentine celebration and some new favorites :-)

I want to first start by saying thank you to everyone who sent me such wonderful comments and emails on my prior post about Kathleen's egg allergy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kindness and concern, and prayers. :-) I have also learned that several of you share allergies, or your children do as well. I will also be keeping your families in my prayers and thoughts. I will be including more allergy free recipes also. Probably will dedicate an entire post to it soon. Thanks again!!!

Yesterday Kathleen and I went to the local Nature Center for a Valentine Day celebration. They have the most wonderful preschool programs that parents attend and participate with their children. Kathleen and I enjoy this time together very much.

We started our day with a Valentine headband and a smile all ready to go!

When we got there she quickly headed to be with her friend and they both were front and center for Ms. Trudy. :-)


There was fun times keeping the balloons in the air....

The guy behind them is a newspaper photographer and was taking lots of pics. so we may make the paper! :-)

See the little hearts on her sweet little hands? They did a finger play, then afterwards got to decorate the one they loved the most in the room. She gave 2 to her friend and I was then decorated from there! LOL

Here she is receiving mail from the Love express Fairy.....:-)
The parents made them for the children, then the staff made Valentines for all the parents :-)

There was a fun craft of course!

There was even food she could enjoy....even though I carried goodies along in my purse just in case. :-)

We took Valentine's in for all the children and they gave her a special heart basket to put them in and hand them out. She was so proud to do this. :-)


Caught these two deep in conversation....LOL

Picture with the Love fairy....

Then she got a picture with her favorite teacher.....Ms. Trudy!

Can't wait to go back for new adventures! We had a great afternoon. :-)

My new favorites that I just had to share with you all.... if you are looking for healthy snacks that taste great you must try the following. I was not compensated in any way for these, they are just something I've newly tried and really like. Great for managing blood sugar when you need a snack throughout the day.

These are not high calorie or high sugar foods. But they taste wonderful!! Great to keep in your car or purses. I count out about 23 for a portion and keep them in snack baggies to grab on the go!


Kathleen loves them too! :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

Blessings,
Jill

18 comments:

Katharine said...

I just found those almonds at a store in the US(we live on the border) but I can't find them here in Canada! They are wonderful, and fit in nicely with my Weight watchers plan!
Have a great weekend!

Julie Harward said...

Love the snacks and the cutie..what a fun afternoon for her and you! ;D

Cindy said...

I have had those almonds and they are delish!!
Looks like a super fun afternoon.
Have a happy day

Mandie said...

Oh Jill, I am sorry to hear about Kathleens egg allergy. We have sweet friends in Colorado that have nut allergies. The cocoa almonds look very yummy. Almonds are one of my favorite! I love fruit leather too!! It looks like you all had a great time : )

McVal said...

That all looks like so much fun! And those cocoa almonds sound delish...

A Primitive Homestead said...

I love how you think ahead for a snack. Kathleen will be sure to be able to eat with the others. One year Sam found out who had his name for the school gift. The child told him he did not know if he could bring a gift because his Mom was in the hospital having a baby. I bought a gift for Sam & took it to the party just in case the child had no gift. I planned to give it to the child to hand to Sam when it was his turn to give his gift. I could not stand that the child would feel bad & Sam not get a gift either. My heart would break for them both. The child did have a gift. His Mom was home with a new baby sister for him & both were doing well. All turned out fine. But like you I think it is better to be prepared. Kathleen always makes me smile. It looks like you both had a very enjoyable day. Happy Val Day to you all. Blessings!

Lynn said...

I will have to look for those real fruit bites they just look delicious. Looks like everyone had fun, I remember the elementary days of sharing valentines and getting goodies. So long ago lol

Camille said...

What a fun day with your little girl. How precious that you could share that time together. And...how wonderful that there were indeed things there that she could eat...it's tricky, isn't it?? Food allergies are a scary business...what a blessing she has you to care for her! :)

Have a lovely weekend.
Blessings,
Camille

Wendi said...

The Dole Fruit Bites are hit at my home too!

Mama Hen said...

Oh it looks like a fun day! You do so many fun things with your girls all the time Jill! I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! Have a good night!

Mama Hen

SonyaAnn said...

Seriously, you should make babies for a job! You have the cutest kids.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

So cute! I love Valentine's Day

Check out my $100 APART Style Giveaway

Heather M said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!!1 I think I need the valentine fairy to visit me!! LOL!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful love filled Valentines!!!

Sheila said...

Kathleen is such a cutie!! I'm so sorry to hear about her egg allergy. I pray she does outgrow it. My daughter is allergic to so many fruits that we are only able to have bananas, strawberries and blueberries in the house--but our kids are worth a little sacrifice on our parts so we do what we have to do. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and that you are well. Take care.

Julie said...

I so love you sharing these pictures. It is so precious to watch all the doings.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.
Oh I gotta try these almonds. My favorite snack.

Bec said...

It seems like you have some wonderfully fun kids activites and programs in your area Jill, how great is that! Its so fun being with the kids while they learn new things and watching them chat to other adults and play with other kids, looks liek she had fun! I have yet to read your post on Kathleens allergy but I am saving it for when I have a chance to really read it, if you know what I mean :) I just wrote a post about our schooling journey thus far, if oyu are interested. I am sorry I did not get back to your email about htis topic, I have been wanting to write this post for a little while now as we have had lots of changes in the last year. So here it is xx

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Lots of fun! I was so pleased to have been invited to a homeschool Valentine's Day party for the kids this year. I think we'll do this from now on. Glad my kids are missing out on all this fun stuff :) Great pics!

His bondservant said...

Love all your pictures. It looks like such a lovely Valentine's party. Your daughter's teacher looks like a sweetheart! Blessings, Jackie