Thursday, March 31, 2011

The den is newly organized!! Whew!

"You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind"

Before I show the before pictures, I must say I started pulling things into the middle of the room before
remembering to take pictures. :-)  I have always been an organized person (honest!) I know you are probably laughing at seeing the before pictures, but I really am. My den holds the hub of our home. It's where I do our finances, children's schooling and info., my schooling, some crafts and scrap booking. I love scrap booking but always feel so rushed for time!

Needless to say....I could not take the chaos of my room anymore. I needed some order, some peace and tranquility in there to take care of some of the things that are important to our family. I was finding that everyone had the great idea to dump their things in Mommy's office! Ugh. So now you can probably see why my sweet husband went out and bought me more bookcases from IKEA. I love to read and so do my girls. If I was rich I would most definitely have a library inside....like old Southern mansions.... o.k. enough daydreaming...back to the task at hand! LOL

Here are the "scary" before pictures.....
You can see by the plastic bins I was semi organized :-)

This is where I had slid some things into the center of the room....
My desks were not working because I had no flat surface in which to work.

Yikes! pretty bad, huh? Every time I went in my blood pressure was soaring! LOL

Elvis was quite happy when I cleared off some shelves so he could explore! :-)
While I was busy working hard.... Kathleen was so proud she found a creative way to capture a stink bug so I could take it outside without hurting it! LOL


LOL

She then got creative in her craft area and made a lemonade sign for summer time. She wants to sell lemonade to raise money for when we see Taylor Swift in August. :-)

So let's show the after so I can breathe again.... :-)

Scrapbooks and supplies!

We found bookcases for every nook and cranny!


The jacket over the door is Jerry's running jacket, so I left it there. The two white boxes on the far right are holding his ipod, knee braces etc. :-)


This Longerberger basket was a housewarming gift to us one year. I use it to keep my paper piles and to do lists in. Along with a notepad nearby and some of my favorite pictures.

   This is a cute little notebook holder I found on clearance at Target. It's a great place to jot down ideas and  notes throughout the day!
Also has a little pocket for holding receipts, etc. :-)

Desk space!! I am so excited to have a productive place to work! So calming... Even put a candle on the end. :-)


A collage of some of my favorite pictures....


There was even a bottom shelf for Hayley's scrap booking materials. She is so excited to start scrap booking with me again! :-)

And Owen....well he's just happy to get to the window so he can look out! LOL

Thanks for visiting and seeing just one of my many Spring projects! Hayley is still working on her room arrangement from getting her new bed....will be posting pics of that soon too.

Blessings,
Jill

19 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow, great job on your den! Oh how I would love a room like that! I bet you'll feel so much more creative now in that space. I know what you mean about walking into a room and your blood pressure going up. My laundry room was like that until about a week ago...I couldn't take it anymore.
Kathleen's sign is cute...she sure is thinking ahead, isn't she?! :)

Mark said...

I want it!
Your Jealous Friend, m.

Wendi said...

Great space! The desk space is awesome. Happy scrapping!

Liz said...

Wow, it looks great, you did an amazing job! We have so much organizing to do before the new baby gets here! Love Kathleen's sign and your notepad is so cute!

His bondservant said...

Jill,
What a wonderful makeover! It looks like such a lovely place to create and work. I am sure you and your family are going to enjoy the new look! God bless!

Lynn said...

Girl you worked a miracle in that room LOL I am so jealous I love that room omg there is just so much goodies to do there and that desk, fantastic it all looks great and thanks for sharing with us, you can really see the hard work you put into cleaning things up :o)

Mama Hen said...

Fantastic! I need to organize my house too! This was inspiring. I love the lemonade sign! Very cute! Do you have a good site or book for art with my daughter? I always want to keep projects going in our house. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

McVal said...

Wow! I love that table! THe room looks great. I hope to have a creativity room like that someday.

Kristina said...

the room looks great!! You did an awesome job getting everything organized!

Olives and Pickles said...

great job guys!! It really looks neat..

Sheila said...

Can I hire you? I so need to get my house organized again. I can keep it up for so long then I get tired of cleaning up after 3 other grown ups. You did a great job. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Julie said...

Now that is organized. GREAT JOB!! I would be so cool to have an office. Maybe a den or family room some day, hopefully while I'm still young enough to use a family room that is.
Thank you for sharing. I love before and after pictures.
Take care Jill and have a blessed afternoon.

Chelle said...

Love your deen. Someday I would like to have a room like that.

Life In a Little House said...

Wow Jill that is fabulous!! You did a great job organizing all that and what a wonderful space you have there!! Enjoy your newly organized room Have some creative fun in there ~have a great weekend Love Heather

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, wow! That looks so awesome. No wonder you're thrilled. Great job!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

It looks AH-MAZING!!! You can come to my house anytime!! You don't even need to call first - just show up - even if I'm still in my PJs!!!

The picture of Owen is adorable!

Annie Jones said...

I love that you have such a large space for your books and crafts. Ours is crammed into a tiny room with our computer and desk and a lot of other things. It holds it all, but there's nowhere to really use it.

The room looks great!

Camille said...

How WONDERFUL it all looks Jill! Doesn't it feel soooooo good??? I'm the same way...I crave ORDER! :) Great job!

Many blessings,
Camille

Donna said...

Jill you did a great job! I love the before and after photos. Our sewing room/computer/craft room gets like that too. It's a lot of work keeping it organized..but to create..you have to have your tools in order.

Super!
xo
Donna