Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm back! :-)

Hello!!

Well we have been so busy, enjoying the time with my parents visiting. Didn't have much time to blog! I took a lot of pictures on my phone but haven't switched to the files on my computer yet, however I do have a few from different happenings.

Tuesday Owen finally got groomed! Yeah! I can see his eyes again, lol.
Before my parents arrived Kathleen wanted to make them a cat and dog from perler beads. So we spent some time doing that and had lots of fun!

Lining them all up......


Final result after I ironed them. We are currently working on more :-) Hayley is making a cool looking horse.

We also pulled out the trains, Kathleen loves to play with them and con Pop Pop into getting on the floor and playing with her. :-)

Nana got to play with the play-doh!


They were quite busy creating...Kathleen has always enjoyed playing with Play-Doh!

Another picture by the growing flower, which since this one is pink it is now her favorite! LOL See Patches in the background outside the window?

Jerry was out wrestling and throwing balls to the dogs, and I guess this was Skippy's way of declaring he was top dog! LOL

They are just slightly spoiled.... :-)

Since the weather would not cooperate, I was determined to enjoy the day anyway...so we took my parents for a ride by the water. They were smart enough to sit in the warm car... but we ventured out for some fun!

We found a nest in a tree.....

Picked out the perfect rocks for skimming in the water......

Daddy and his girls....

Sorry no sun... but it was still relaxing :-)

As you can see no one else shared our "great" idea, lol
Oh, except for these two!

Kathleen was excited to have found some feathers!

We stopped in the firehouse to check out a local flea market sale and I was tickled to find a new antique tea cup!


My Dad is also a huge animal lover and has a special place in his heart for dogs. Here he is with his dog Sara and with Owen....

They became his little shadows... and Owen ruled the roost on this particular morning...

LOL!

We had a great time, but as always it went by way too quickly. They headed back to Md. today :-(
I have 6 chapters, a discussion post and 4 papers to write before Sunday. Daylight's savings has been messing up my sleep even more. I would love to just nap today, but no time in the hectic schedule for that!

Hope you all had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to catching up on what I missed on your blogs.
Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

13 comments:

~ Noelle said...

glad yall had a great time!!!!

Mark said...

Eh! You didn't miss much. My Blog was a lot of blah blah blah. You know, the usual. Is that an American Doll that you daughter is carrying around by the water? Remember when girls cared about Cabbage Patch Dolls? Or are you too young for that? I'm glad that you parents had a nice visit.
Your Friend, m.

Lindsay said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Thanks Noelle and Lindsay!

Mark...Yes, it's one of many American Girl dolls she has...I do remember Cabbage Patch kids slightly...LOL but they were a lot cheaper!!

claudia b said...

what a fun time with the grandparents!!! I love that tea cup, such a cute find!

Along A Widowed Road said...

I bet your Mom and Dad are proud that they raised a wonderful daughter who is a wonderful wife and mother.

Glad you had a blessed visit with your folks.

Viola

~Niki~ said...

oh how fun. loved all the pics!
my kids LOVE fuse beads. we have all the patterns and tons of beads.

Julie said...

I have some much fun reading your blog. I love the pictures. I'm glad you had a great visit.
Take care Jill and have a blessed week.

Cinnamon said...

Jill, Thank you for your help with rosie. She did better today, as I went completely dairy free today. She still spit up and had two fussy periods but all in all was better. Thank you for helping me remember to wash my clothes in her laundry detergent :-)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the tea cup!! It begs for a small Victorian table with laughter and lengthy conversation between two friends :-)

Great train set!

~Cinnamon

Jamie said...

Hey there Jill~It looks like you all had an very nice time visiting with each other especially the girls.In the pictures it seems they played lots of playdough!!!!Lots of love shown,you are very blessed!
Blessings~

Life In a Little House said...

Wonderful post great pictures! and wow you do have a lot of homework~ I hope it goes smoothly and qucikly for you ~Looks like you had a wonderful visit ~Love Heather

Bec said...

Definately have to get out, even when the weather is bad! Th elittle pink bulb is looking very pretty and the teacup is so pretty :)

Lynn said...

so glad you had a nice time with the parents. I loved the pictures and the bead project your daughter did. I would say I would like to try that but I have enough crafting on my hands at the moment :o)