Monday, March 28, 2011

Looking for Spring, I won, some weekend projects :-)

Good morning! :-) Anyone else feel like the weekend just whizzed by? I always start out with a long to do list and it seems it is carrying over into the start of this week! :-) Jerry had to work a few hours Sat. morning, then we did a few errands, then dinner with friends until late. That time always goes way too quickly! I did sneak out Sat. morning trying to find glimpses of spring to encourage me that it will be here soon. All the while FREEZING while standing outside! LOL But mother nature did not let me down, I found a few things...
This is just one of a few birdhouses we have around our yard. Waiting for the sound of baby birds!!! :-)

Saturday afternoon I received my gift I won from Viola. It's a Starbucks mug with a $25.00 gift card!! Thank you Viola!!! Jerry has already enjoyed two cups this weekend, lol.

We then took a ride to the city Sunday afternoon to IKEA!!

Jerry wanted me to get a better pic. of this sign to post.....LOL

Only in Philly....???? ( No we don't live in Philly) :-)

IKEA here we come!


We actually went to look for some storage things for my den.... we ended up leaving with a loft bed for Hayley.... isn't it funny how that works out? ;-) She's wanted one for awhile, so since her birthday is in May and we were already there we decided to get it early.

So the loft bed was certainly a project on the list... but I also found a real nice shelf on Saturday for my family room so Jerry started working on that for me first. :-)

Meanwhile the girls were moving things around in their rooms for the beds. Kathleen was getting the bed Jerry made for Hayley when she was little...and Hayley of course was getting her loft bed!



Hayley's collection of paper towel and toilet paper rolls she was hiding under her bed...I had told her awhile back we had enough in our craft corner...but apparently she didn't think so...lol

Here they were using the broom to try to get things out from under the bed. :-)

Back to shelf building.....

We did discover the back pieces were badly bowed...but Jerry was able to fix it...with Sally's supervision of course! LOL

Securing it to the wall for safety....

Yeah! More room for books and photo albums. I'm so lucky to have a handy husband. :-0

Back to the bed project...I had to laugh...he decided to move the bed this way so he wouldn't have to take it all apart, lol. Luckily it fit!!!

Kathleen was super happy to get her new bed set up!!


Yeah...this one is gonna take some time....
I think he was getting tired of me asking him to stop and smile! LOL

Daddy's helper! She was in her nightgown as we were still working at 9:30 PM!! But Daddy promised her she'd be sleeping in it last night and he always follows through on his promises. :-)

We made Daddy try it first to make sure it was going to hold up.... :-)

A very happy little girl....already thinking of how else we will be rearranging her room. :-)

Ready for bed.... and yes....we are changing out fans... (Nana) but for now the big Teddy Bear kept it from rotating last night (no it wasn't on!!) :-)

Still supervising us! ;-)

Then this morning I found Elvis sitting here staring at the shelf....
I guess it's his way of telling me to get busy! LOL

Hope you all have a great day! I have a nice long list of to do's to get working on and tonight we are going on a trip with the scouts to the Planetarium. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

21 comments:

Wendi said...

Love the new shelf and bed. You can never have enough floor or storage space.

McVal said...

Wow! You were productive over the weekend! My girls will save things too, just in case... And brooms or anything long are very useful for cleaning out under beds!

Mark said...

That is a lot shoved into one day. Good for you! I love Ikea. Now you got me wanting to go shopping. Poor Jerry, what did he think of you taking pictures of him while he was spending the day working. You did set the camera down and help him a bit, right? Great Spring photos by the way. m.

Kerri said...

What a busy weekend....especially for your hubby!
I've only ever been to ikea once long ago...I need to get back down there! Brady is asking for a loft bed too.
Your shelf looks great!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Lot's of busy work at your house for sure.
Glad you got your mug and gift card.

Have a great week.

Viola

Jill said...

Thanks everyone!

Mark...yes I did help and I got to clean up the messes he made! LOL :-)

Julie said...

A loft bed is so cool. For Mike we had a bunk bed but took the bottom bunk out and made that into his desk area. Like the loft bed just for us free.
Love the book shelf unit too, so much useful space.
Signs of spring are so far away here but it'll happen.
Take care Jill. Blessings!

Donna said...

Wow--looks like a fun and busy weekend! I love the kids' bunk beds..mine always loved them too. So funny that Philly billboard. Ha!

Thanks for the sweet thoughts. Feelin a bit better. :o)
xo
Donna

Lynn said...

Very cool looking beds and I love the outdoor pictures you shared with us also.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow! Looks like you guys have been really busy!

SonyaAnn said...

Both you and McVal are over achievers on the weekends. It makes me tired just reading about it. Everything looks wonderful though.
You are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband and daughters.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

What beautiful smiles! Even Jerry is smiling while he works.

Their rooms are adorable. I'm sure Hayley feels like such a big girl with her loft bed.

Linda said...

Hi Jill,
Certainly a busy weekend for you and hubby!
Love your photos!!
Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Blessings and hugs.

Julie Harward said...

New beds for all, how fun! And what a good guy you have! ;D

Genn said...

Hi Jill!
Great bookcase. I wish I had more room in my house for one like that. Maybe I will find room. ;)
Love the girls' bunkbeds too. WE've been toying with that idea for our girls. They look excited.

Mandie said...

Busy day! I bet they were both so excited for their new beds. I wish we lived close to an Ikea, I have never been but hear they are great stores. Blessings

Veronica Lee said...

WOW!! You guys did an amazing job!! Love the new beds.

Happy Wednesday!

Karen said...

Girlfriend, It looks like to me that you need a rest.. you have a very busy and eventful weekend..you go girl.. (X) off those things on your list..It all looks great :) Now go and enjoy it all !

His bondservant said...

Jill,
What a wonderful, productive weekend you had! You are very fortunate to have such a handy husband. Love the bed and bookshelf! You can never have too many of those when it comes to housing books and photos! Glad you had such a great weekend! God bless!

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Spring it has to be spring right? Love that you found some to share :). What a great weekend project, your girls are too adorable on the new beds. Isn't Ikea wonderful, I always come home with soooo many ideas.

kristi said...

Ikea has some great stuff!!! Cute pics!