Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Redeemer Lives - Team Hoyt

I came across this video about a year ago and it has deeply touched my heart. To learn more about their story there are several more touching videos you can find on youtube. They are a father and son team. Dick and Rick Hoyt. As I've mentioned before we always tell our girls there is no such word as can't. Things may be a challenge sometimes, but it is nothing we cannot overcome. We encourage them in all they do in life. We want them to truly experience life and all it has to offer. This video is just one example of how powerful a parent's love is for their children. It is a true inspiration to all. For everyone who says they "can't" do something....most certainly you CAN! "I think, therefore I am". We have the power to control our fate in many ways, we have to be present in the moment. No, we can't cure horrible diseases or certain disabilities, but we can make the best of our situations in life. We can find and embrace those things that bring us joy. We could very well be the inspiration another is seeking. More times it is our attitude and negative reactions that paralyze us, then the actual disease, disability or circumstance. We only get one chance in this life....we must live it to the fullest and embrace each and every day. Hope you are all having a wonderful week! :-) I've been busy reorganizing my den, pictures coming soon. I ran out of space yesterday and my loving husband ran to IKEA last night to get me more bookcases. Then he stayed up late putting them together and in place for me so I could work on them today. :-) I am truly blessed to have him in my life. Many Blessings to you all! Jill

8 comments:

~Niki~ said...

cannot wait to see your den!
I bought a couple things years ago at Ikea~i love that store!
i will watch this video as time permits later in my day~hugs!

Cherie said...

I have seen this and it is amazing. Some people have to endure so much but they do it well and with hope and happiness. Certainly and example to everyone else :-D

Mark said...

I'm sure it's a great video but I'm going to pass. I know that I would end up in a pile of tears and I don't care to show my soft side. I got one you know! m.

Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelle said...

Sorry about that. I posted the wrong thing. My brain isn't working to well to day. I have to remember whose blog I'm on. That was a very nice video. can't wait to see pic of your den.

McVal said...

Wow! as my eyes squirt tears...
and I can't wait to see your den!

Vic said...

i also instill this in our girls! it's so important! what a fab mama they have:)

SonyaAnn said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! You are so blessed to have a wonderful husband.