Friday, March 18, 2011

Thanks...

Thanks so much for your kind words.... it will take time and today has been rough, but I know time starts to heal....

We are having a beautiful sunny day today so we've been enjoying some time outside. I was featured today as a guest on my new friend Melissa's blog. If you get a chance stop by and check it out and be sure to say hi! It's actually a post I had done on here several months ago, but it features both girls and was one of my favorites. :-)

Since I know the warmer weather is on so many of our minds....:-) I thought I'd include this quick easy recipe!

Tomato-Zucchini Bake

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Coat a 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray, and alternately layer
1 pound sliced zucchini, 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, and 1 1/4 pounds sliced vine-ripened tomatoes. Combine 1/2 cup panko and 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, and sprinkle on top. Bake uncovered, in the center of the oven 30 mins. or until top is golden brown. Cover with foil, and bake for 10 minutes or more or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.  Enjoy!!!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!!!

7 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill, I'll make sure and check out Melissa's blog. I'll continue to pray for you . Thanks for being so vulnerable to share this ;) :) Lova ya. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Life In a Little House said...

Hi Jill, I was so sorry to hear about your discovery with the children you were nanny to. I wish I had some sort of soothing words I could say. I will pray for you. That is a lot to find out all at once like that. I do hope you have a nice weekend. Give those beautiful girls of yours a giant hug!! ~Love Heather

Mandie said...

Oh Jill, I am so sorry to read about your little children that you took care of. I am sure you are devistated. I would be too. They are in heaven with Jesus now. There are no good answers as to why but know that they are with God now. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Bec said...

Oh Jill, I am so so sorry to hear such a sad story of oyur friends. That really is incredibly heartbreaking, sending lots of love to you as you process and to them who have been through so much already.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Jill, the recipe sounds so delicious. Enjoy the time spent with your girls, enjoying the spring weather. We are still getting quite a bit of rain. Hope spring is on its way here.

Kat said...

HI Jill I have been MIA, but I love the crafts such a fun mom you are. We have a yogurt place like that but it's different names, it's expensive here but good. We have anything but spring weather it's been rainy and cold, snowy and muddy and Tsunami's on the coast. Yikes! I can't wait till April which I hope brings warmer weather. Our weather in Northern CA is not as warm and nice as Southern CA. Enjoy your Monday and spring temps! big hugs

~ Noelle said...

i just love melissa...
so glad that yall are friends as well :)