Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finally some signs of Spring!!

I am behind on blogging again.....so lots to catch up on! I have many pictures so I will be doing several different posts to catch up. Thursday last week was a beautiful day here and Kathleen and I were sure to get out and enjoy it!

Bubbles are a necessity in beautiful weather! :-)

Daffodils


by William Wordsworth



I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.



Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.



The waves beside them danced, but they

Out-did the sparkling leaves in glee;

A poet could not be but gay,

In such a jocund company!

I gazed—and gazed—but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:



For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.



Our home showing early signs of Spring! Soon it will be completely hidden from view :-)





Just love that smile!
The Easter Bunny with the sun and flowers :-)

                                         Love this picture of her running to catch bubbles!

Another favorite.

Don't mind our front area...we have gardening to do! LOL

                                                                      The joys of being 5!
Hayley coming home from school.
What a beautiful day we enjoyed!

Jerry's work sent us a really nice fruit basket. They have been so wonderful through this time.


I have more to share soon! We're headed off to a play date this morning. I hope you all are having a wonderful day! Unfortunately today it's raining, yuck and will be most of the week. :-(

Many blessings,
Jill

16 comments:

Chelle said...

Your yard looks lovely. Spring is a wonderful time. Hope you are doing well. Will keep you in my prayers.

Kristina said...

what are those beautiful purple and pink flowers?? Kathleen looks so happy to be outside! So much fun on such a beautiful day!!

~Niki~ said...

lovely pics~so GREEN!
Here we don't see much green, just brown.
I forget, are you in PA?
I am not sure what state that is:)

Along A Widowed Road said...

Jill,

Kathleen looks so much like Savannah with the rain boots and the running and the big smile. We have to hold on to these moments as they go by so quickly.

Looks like stuff is in full bloom. I love spring.

Viola

Jenny said...

Ahh spring, don't you just love it!? Enjoy the lovely weather.

Beloved's Bride said...

Jill, what a lovely day to run and catch bubbles. She does have the sweetest smile. Love the little red outfit too. It looks very comfy cozy.

Mark said...

I know, it's a shame. We did have beautiful weather and now it's such a mess. Yuk! I love rain but enough is enough! Probably because I'm tired of the kids being inside.
Kathleen looks great!
Take care of yourself.
Your Friend, m.

McVal said...

What great pictures! It looks beautiful over there! It doesn't here today... I look forward to warm days like yours.
OH! and we have those Easter egg sidewalk chalks too! somewhere... probably worn down to nubs.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Beautiful flowers. I can't get enough of them. I share kathleens joy of bubbles & sidewalk chalk. My grand daughter loves both. Good to hear your parents weathered the storm safely. Blessings!
Lara

Life In a Little House said...

Oh beautiful pictures you made me smile A happy spring to your family and A very Happy Easter as well ~Love Heather

Lynn said...

Wonderful pictures. I am so glad spring is here! Thanks for sharing with us. My kids loved coloring on the sidewalk with chalk when they were little :o)

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful Spring photos..and your Girls are so pretty!

Wanda

Justin said...

Wow Jill, those are beautiful photos! If only I can be 5 again, just for a few weeks! It is definitely looking like spring. I hope your April showers clear to bring you some May flowers!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

OMG, I am on my husband's laptop and just realized I have been posting on blogs ALL night with his google account. That previous comment was from me, not Justin...lol...oops!

Sheila said...

Kathleen looks like she is really enjoying the warmer weather. She always makes me smile. I don't have any pink hyacinths--I'll have to look for some to add to my purple/blue ones. Love the picture of Hayley. Y'all are in my prayers. Take care.

Donna said...

Hi Jill, It's so good to see you posting again. :o)I've missed you! I do hope you are doing OK. I was praying for you this morning. :o)

These photos are just scrumptious! Wow--it's green there and we are drying up down here in South Texas. We normally get plenty of rain all year, but this year our wildflowers were almost gone before they started due to the lack of rain. It's already super hot.

Everything looks so fresh and I love the photos of your sweety playing in the sunshine. She looks so happy. :o)

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home