Friday, April 15, 2011

Kathleen made me smile today & a great deal at CVS

Good Morning! :-)

I can always count on my girls to bring a smile to my face! Kathleen did not let me down this morning. Last night I went to CVS to get some deals......I got the following for $11.30!!
My CVS bag I already had, but I use it to earn reward points each time I go. So it "pays" me back to use it!
The girls and I don't eat sugar cereals, but my husband does at times. For some reason usually the whole box! LOL But I will be using the Fruit Loops for a craft in the very near future as I get "back on track" :-)
The Miralax (for Kathleen's tummy troubles at times) was on sale for $12.99. I had a $2.00 coupon for that and with the other deals and coupons I had everything else was free! :-)

I saved $30.42! Gotta love deals like that. :-)

So back to the Kathleen story... while I was out shopping Jerry had the girls out playing in our yard. Kathleen apparently dove for the ball (which she was sure to tell me she caught ) and fell in the driveway. She said "Hayley was a great big sister Mommy she scooped me up and carried me inside and took care of my elbow!" So there were 2 large band aids on her arm last night when I came home. So of course it called for lots of hugs and kisses!!

So this morning she comes downstairs like this....

She said "Hayley told me I should keep it in this today so my arm won't hurt too much!"
All for this on her elbow....

Thank you my sweet, little redheaded bundle of joy for making Mommy smile today...I needed that! ;-)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Ours is very busy starting tonight when we head out to see the Easter bunny!

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

~Niki~ said...

kids are the best~they bring us back to reality~it's all good. life thru a child's eye.I used to shop CVS all the time and always got those deals. there are full blogs that have CVS deal shopping~it's kind of interesting.

Wendi said...

Oh the things kids do and say! Thanks for sharing I needed a chuckle.

Mark said...

Love it. I need a big sister like Hayley. m.

Jenny said...

What a good big sister Hayley is. I hope they are BFFs for the rest of their lives. I love CVS, I have walked out of there with several bags and only paid $3, so awesome to shop their sales. Good for you.

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

Aww! Boo boos are such a big deal at this age. My Ella is ALWAYS amazed at how the body heals itself ...

Cinnamon said...

Thank you Jill for stopping by and for your prayers. I know God hears every single one!

I enjoyed the post about your girls camping trip. What fun that looked like.

And what great coupons you had!! Love saving money :-)


~Cinnamon

McVal said...

LOVE the sling! I'm sure that will help.

And what a great deal you got! We don't have that store around us. shoot.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is so cute! That is so something my kids would do to. They gotta get as much mileage as possible over their booboos ;) So glad you had something to smile about today! God is good!

Sheila said...

What a great big sister Hayley is!! If that was my Jessica, she would have had a whole box of band-aids on her arm--she loves them--still!! Kathleen is such a cutie! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Mandie said...

She is a sweety for sure! I am so happy the two of them get along so well, what a blessing.

Julie said...

I hear so much about CVS stores, I wish we had them here. You did excellent. I have got to get back to really using coupons. I use to do it all the time. Then I slacked a little bit.
Kids do make the wordl so much better. They remind us all about the living and what it's all about.
Thanks for stopping by Jill. Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Kerri said...

What a great big sister Hailey is. I remember making slings when I was little! I'm glad the girls made you smile...kids are so good at doing that...especially when we take the time to just stop and really enjoy them.
I have never been good at saving money at CVS...what's the secret?! I know someone that always walks out of there with free stuff all the time from her coupons and reward...that never happens to me! I must be doing something wrong!
Enjoy your Easter Bunny trip tomorrow!

Life In a Little House said...

Wow Great Deal indeed at CVS!! and Please could Kathleen be anything but cute hehehehe!! She is just adorable love her red hair and that sweet little face~ And what a wonderful Big Sis she has ~Have a nice weekend ~Love Heather

His bondservant said...

Jill,
I need to work the whole coupon thing better with CVS. What great deals. And how sweet Hayley is to her sister. Your girls are so adorable. Hope you are having a great week! God bless!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Thank heavens for big sisters. Blessings!
Lara