Monday, April 25, 2011

Part one of Easter Weekend! :-)

We made it to my Mom's house late Thursday night and tried to get some rest before the craziness began! LOL. Our niece Gabby called at 9:30PM and asked if she could come and spend the night with the girls. At 11 PM she showed up! Yikes....as you can imagine we didn't get a ton of sleep Thursday night. :-) Friday we had a special evening planned (see part 2) :-) So my Mom had egg dye for the girls to do their eggs together and she also had cupcakes made for them to decorate!! They had such a grand time!
The sillies were really oozing out of them that day! LOL

It was so nice getting to spend time with Gabby as we don't get to see her very often.

These cupcakes were soooo yummy! Not sure how many actually made it to the Easter celebration on Saturday. :-)


Gabby had little speckles of chocolate on her face that gave her away....lol.

Somebunny was really excited and ready for Easter!



Can't tell they are related can you? LOL. Gabby is my husband's twin's daughter.

Little table Kathleen set up for a tea party with her bunny. :-)

Eggs all finished! This worked out really well at my Mom's because we didn't have time to dye them before Easter.

"Alone we can do so little;together we can do so much."  Helen Keller

"Your success and happiness lies in you.Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."  Helen Keller

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and/or Spring breaks! Will be posting part 2 tomorrow of where we went Friday evening. ;-)
Have a great night!
Blessings,
Jill

19 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Mark said...

I've decided after reading your blog for awhile now. I want red hair. But at this point, I'd be very happy with my original hair line back, regardless of the color.
Love those eggs! m.

SonyaAnn said...

I'm glad to see so many smiles on the girls!
And Mark is nuts!

Jill said...

Annie: Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Mark: LOL Red hair would be possible with a little hair dye...;-)

SonyaAnn: Thanks for stopping by! Oh and Mark always makes me smile, lol.

Lynn said...

Im so jealous I didnt get to color any eggs lol Looks like everyone had fun Im glad and the goodies look so yummy :o)

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! Nothing makes it more faun than the kids. Ours were all at their in laws this year and it snowed here for 2 days! ;/

Olives and Pickles said...

How fun! The girls' faces look so happy!I also hope you and your husband are doing ok.

claudia b said...

How fun! What a treat to have a beloved cousin over. My boys love their cousins, too.

Kerri said...

Aren't grandmas the BEST?!!
And, you can definately tell the girls are relatated!!
I'm sure it was a tough Easter...I'm glad your family was able to celebrate.

Wendi said...

Looks like fun! We colored our eggs at my parents. Grandparents are the best!

Life In a Little House said...

Oh the pictures are so cute!! looks likes wonderful cupcake fun ~Love Heather

Julie said...

So love the pics. The girls look like they had such a great time. Thank you for sharing.
Take care Jill and have a blessed evening.

Donna said...

Dear Jill, Looks like everyone is doing well. I so love to see your girls! I'll never forget you sending the teddy bear for my grandson. He loves it!

Children are wonderful. When yours grow up--call me and I'll hold your hand--LoL! Did you like my photo of the kids when they were YOUR children's age?

Your sweet daughters look like they are having so much fun. Do treasure these moments. They are gone before you realize it!

Sigh...

Thanks for you sweet comment and visit.
XO
Donna

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Ready for part two! So much fun! I didn't dye eggs this year and I forgot the cupcake liners but I sure wish I was there. Your cupcakes look wonderful!

Mandisa Chesser said...

Oh what fun! It looked like the girls really enjoyed themselves... and that pose Kathleen made by the tea party table was too cute. You might have a future model on your hands!

Karen said...

oh it looks like you guys had a wonderful time.. and boy those treats looked so good,, I was thinking this morning,, I will be glad when all these sweets are gone,, they are my weakness...I love me some chocolate!!!!
thanks for sharing..
love ya my friend...

McVal said...

Nom nom nom!!! Those cupcakes and the frosting look delish!!!
I love it when my kids make memories with their cousins too.

Camille said...

How fun for your girls to have *cousin time*! Special that your Mom did those crafty things with them...now I know where you get it from! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Cherie said...

What a great bunch of eggs!! It looks like you all had so much fun - Your girls always have big smiles!!