Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful for Nana and PopPop

Last week when we found out about my brother in law, we quickly packed to head down and stay with my parents. The girls were told that Uncle Pat had a heart attack. We didn't feel at the ages of 5 and 9 they needed to know otherwise. So we also chose to not take them to the viewings and get togethers. We wanted them to remember him like he was. So my parents kept them all week while Jerry and I were back and forth trying to get things in order. We are so thankful they were there to keep the girls busy and to take their mind off things as Jerry and I were not ourselves. We are still trying to cope.

So my Mom shared some pictures of some of their activities and travels...needing to smile today I thought I'd share them with everyone. :-) My parents have 5 acres and the girls had a great time. Thanks Mom and Dad for smoothing the transition of this week for the girls and Jerry and I. Don't know what we would have done without you!

On the weekend they had my niece come spend the day with them. I'm not sure they had any fun...what do you think? LOL!

They went hiking....



They enjoyed meals on the deck....




                                  Sally stayed by their side....

This picture of Hayley and the one below of Kathleen, my parents had blown up and put into frames for Jerry and I. :-)

We love them of course!!

Pop Pop loves camping...and where Pop Pop goes....a dog is never far behind!

Yeah! Nana and Pop Pop have trees to climb! Something we don't have a lot of living in the suburbs!;-)



Where children can just enjoy being children and let their imaginations run wild!

As you can tell from Owen's face there was a lot of love and good times this week for the girls.

And somehow some spoiling going on....funny isn't it how grandparents love to do a lot of these things...like load them with sugar??? LOL Now I know why they went hiking a lot!

Thank you all so very much for your kind words, emails, and cards. I appreciate the support so very much. It will take time to heal...but I need to focus on the joy my family brings me to get through this time. Cherishing each and every moment of every day. Life does go on after loss....but the person is never forgotten, and the memories keep them alive. It's the learning to live without them that is hard.

                                                           Many Blessings,
                                                               Jill

15 comments:

Beloved's Bride said...

Jill, These pictures are adorable. Praise the Lord for your Parents. We are still praying for you and Family. Love, Carmen

Lindsay said...

Love these pictures, they put a smile on my face! Grandparents are such a blessing, what wonderful memories they will carry!

Kerri said...

Looks like the girls had a really good time...exactly what they needed. I love the pictures of the girls that your parents had blown up...gorgeous! Your parents found the perfect way to bless you during this difficult. I'm sure knowing that your girls were in good hands was a big relief to you during this time. You guys are in my thoughts.

Olives and Pickles said...

They seemed like they had a great time! Grabdparents are the best!!cheers for them.
I didn't know about your loss I just left I comment in your last post.
Memories help to find the peace you may be looking for.
God bless
Patty

Wendi said...

Grandparents are the best! I am so happy that they are there for you.

Jenny said...

What lucky girls they are to get to spend time with their grandparents. The daffodil pictures are so lovely. Definitely frameable!

Patti said...

So glad your girls have your parents...loving grandparents are such a blessing.

My husband's parents, also, are Nana and PopPop to our kids. And they are the best grandparents on the planet....must go along with the name Nana and PopPop, huh?

Blessings,
Patti

Tara said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. What a terrible tragedy. I'll be praying for you and your family.

McVal said...

What a tough time for your family! I'm glad the girls were able to get some happy times in.
That place looks awesome!

Life In a Little House said...

How precious and wonderful that your parents were able to be with them during this difficult time. It looks like they had a wonderful time with Nana and PopPop ~Keeping you in my prayers Love Heather

~Niki~ said...

oh i'm so glad they could go to the gparents house instead of the memorial and such~kids are so fragile with these issues~we are too~but you know ;)
i think that was a great idea telling them heart attack. that's just devastating to try to explain to a child.
xoox
prayers still..

A Primitive Homestead said...

It is wonderful you have parents who are able to make things a little easier on Jerry & you as you tend the services. I am sure they felt blessed to be there for you & those beautiful grands. Lovely photos they had blown up. Blessing & Prayers!
Lara

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm so glad your parents were there for the girls. I just love pictures of them--they make me smile. Owen even looks like he is smiling! Love the photos they had blown up and framed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

Julie said...

Take care Jill. Focus on the family and the living, enjoy the memories and one day things will go smoothly. Until then lean on the Lord, family and friends. I will be praying for you praying for you and your family.
Have a blessed day and yes, thank goodness for parents and family.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Now THAT looks like it was a fun adventure for the girls. Did your dad camp out there for the night? I loved climbing trees when I was little too.