Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hayley's first band recital and some progress....

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration"  Thomas A. Edison

Hayley had her first band concert this week and I was such a proud Mom! I remember when she first got her flute. How they had to teach her how to put it together and how to make some sound!! Not as easy as it looked, but my girl despite her asthma...stuck through it all year and boy did she make me proud!

This is getting ready to go out the door.

Love the zoom lens on my camera...I like to think she has stars in her eyes.... :-)

Here she was looking up at her band director for the cue to start.

I'm pretty certain at this point she was the only child on the stage to me....

Beautiful flowers for my beautiful girl! So proud of you tonight sweetie! You were awesome!!


Tonight we went to pick out our fish....some koi and goldfish...girls couldn't wait till the pond was completed.

Notice fresh cut grass, unfinished pond...?? LOL Don't worry we're working on it...
All this on a beautiful night by the moonlight....

Owen and Elvis, the curious ones; were watching us by the door.
I think Elvis was hoping to catch the fish....

A sneak peek at my flowers....so much more to get done...so little hours in the day!


We are enjoying this time with my parents. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms reading!!! Enjoy your day and treasure the memories!

"It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding"
-Erma Bombeck.

"All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with white carpet is one of them."
-Erma Bombeck

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'"
-Erma Bombeck

Many Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

Wonderful Pictures ~Great Job Hayley!! Learning an instrument is not easy~ The pond looks Great!! Happy Mothers Day Have a wonderful weekend Love Heather

Lynn said...

Your daughter was so pretty for her recital. Hubbys daughter used to play the flute also and we enjoyed going to those also. Its amazing how fast they can learn to play those instruments. I cant wait to see more pics of the fish pond I would love one of those one day. Happy Mothers Day !!

Patti said...

What did you do differently in the way you uploaded picture #1 and all the other pictures? I ask, because photo #1 DID show up for me. The others didn't.

Hayley looks beautiful!! I have missed seeing her adorable smiling face, so it was a treat that even one of the photos showed up.

Congratulations to Hayley on a wonderful first recital. I hope she keeps on playing and has many more recitals.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Love,
Patti

claudia b said...

Congratulations Hayley!!!

Victorian1885 said...

What a great post! Your girls are beautiful..congratulations Hayley! Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Wanda

Miranda said...

Sweet pictures!! The pond area looks like it's coming along great.

Hayley look so proud of herself, and I can imagine you guys were just beaming! I would have been too. She looks beautiful.

I love your new background ♥

Camille said...

How wonderful Jill! I like that *zoomed in* photo too...so pretty. I love it that you gave her flowers...precious.

Happy Mother's Day! ENJOY!

Many blessings,
Camille

Mark said...

Congrats for Hayley!
Love that moon photo.
Happy Mother's Day to you. Enjoy! m.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hayley looks beautiful! Like you're pond, too :)

Kim said...

I love how you said, "she was the only one on the stage at that moment." I totally understand that!

Your pond is looking good. How fun! I am so excited about playing in our garden about now too. :)