Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's day :-)

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day! I was blessed to have my parents here this past week so I was able to spend time with my Mom. We had a lovely week and they will be back this weekend for Kathleen's dance recital. Speaking of the dance recital....Jerry has had several practices on Saturdays. As you know he will be performing a Dad's dance to James Brown's Papa's got a brand new bag. So when we found this t-shirt at Kohl's we thought it would be cute for his rehearsal, lol.
Yes, my husband will be wearing an Afro.... I know you all can't wait to see this! LOL

So on Mother's Day the girls brought my Mom and I breakfast in bed :-)

I was also quite surprised by my thoughtful gifts this year....thank you girls and my sweet husband Jerry!


Since I am also getting together the garden area they bought me a wishing well with flowers. :-)

We're still working on getting that all together....just needing more hours in the day!

Jerry saw a mower for free this weekend just needs tuning and a battery. So my Dad helped him unload it to see what they can do with it to get it running.


I also got a new rose bush to plant outside....this was the last blooming rose on it, but boy did it smell so good!


Elvis was enjoying his square of sunshine...lol. I'd say he's gotten quite fat since we adopted him last July!


Oh and did I mention....Jerry and I were able to go out alone while my parents were here! We ended up at Walmart...but hey, we didn't have the kids so that counts right? LOL



Have a busy day again today trying to get tings in order. I'm reorganizing Kathleen's room....but not sure I want to post before pictures! LOL

Have a wonderful day!!

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Ooooh, a Wal-Mart date! I'm so envious! Seriously, I am. Maybe I can talk Shane into taking me to Wal-Mart if he gets home this weekend.

Mark said...

Wal-Mart without the kids is a great date! Yes, I'm that pathetic too.
Your Friend, m.
P.S. Is that Kate Middleton's ring?

Jill said...

@ Mark....yes it is! My husband wanted me to feel like a princess...lol but I already do without the ring! ;-)

Genn said...

Looks like you had a nice mothers day!
I could get used to this whole mothers day stuff. I think we should declare every day mothers day! :)

Kerri said...

Wow Jill, you made out like it was Christmas or your birthday! ;)
Glad you enjoyed the week with your mom!
Great picture of you and your hubby!

claudia b said...

What a wonderful day!!! Hey, we've had date nights at Costco because shopping together in peace is such a luxury! Love the royal ring and necklace!!!

Wendi said...

Love the wishing well. Such thoughtful gifts! Can't wait to see your hubby all dressed for the dance. Should be funny! Have a great day!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...looks like you had a very fun Mothers Day..Love the pic of you and your hubbie, very cute! :D

Life In a Little House said...

Oh the girls looks so cute carrying the breakfast trays and what lovely presents you received!! Great picture of you and your husband ~Love Heather

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,

I love how sweet the girls look in carrying the trays. How lovely is the wishing well fountain. I love gardening like you, so to have beautiful garden art makes it all the better.

Have a great rest of the week.

Viola

Val said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day! And breakfast in bed too! I did too.
And a date at Walmart is still a date!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill,

You got a wonderful gift for Mother's Day. I LOVE how your girls dressed up. So precious.

Okay, your hubby's shirt, that's just funny!!! I do want to see a photo of him wearing an Afro :) :)

I'm glad you and hubby could have some time alone, even at WalMart. Yes, that does count, in my opinion :) :)

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)