Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Tidbits!

Happy Monday!!! :-) My parents are on their way up to visit this week. Hayley has her band concert tomorrow night! Her first one, I can't wait! Then my parents will stay and attend Grandparent's day at Hayley's school and through Mother's day! Busy times this week.

I have to share these pictures from Friday afternoon. I read a new book with Kathleen about Princesses, and inside were all these accessories....well she quickly put them to good use dressing up....LOL

I think we would have fit in perfectly at the Royal Wedding don't you? ;-)

Saturday we had our dear friends over for dinner and catching up. Anxiously awaiting Lori and Ken's new arrival....who is due near Hayley's birthday! We are so excited. I pulled out one of my favorite cookbooks..

And made 2 delicious desserts!


This was yummy and it's not real sweet tasting. :-)


This were really yummy and sweet!!!

Then we cooked chicken and steak on the grill along with cheesy potatoes, egg salad, rolls with butter, and this delicious vegetable dish I got from Lisa. You have to try this recipe, it's so good!! :-) Pop by this link to see a pic and get the recipe.

Then I went out to my lilac bush to trim some blooms...I just love their fresh fragrance and they were perfect for the table!

I also picked the last of my daffodils for a vase, these went in my bathroom.

Hayley wanted to contribute also so she went out to pick dandelions for the vase....LOL But I think we made them look pretty appealing. :-)

Then we started on a project that desperately needed to be done! Our front flower beds.

This was after the weed eating and the tiller process was beginning!


We were transplanting some mums and hostas.
Then our neighbor (a landscaper) gave us a fish pond he no longer wanted! Yeah!!

Our dear next door neighbor came over to help Jerry dig and get it set. Thank you Spencer!!

They were running into a lot of rock while digging, so it was a tag team effort. Plus they snacked on left over desserts...started with water....then ended with a few beers....LOL

Our mulch pile....Lowes is having an awesome sale this week. $2.50 a bag!!! Needless to say we need to get more!

This is a few of our flowers and garden items we will be planting.

Girls in their Davy Crocket hats...they had a blast running and playing with the neighbor boys. They had a fort built and everything. Ran and played all day long!

I had to get this pic of Kathleen, I zoomed in from the house. She was so exhausted she about fell asleep on her feet! LOL She was playing in our little "stream" out front and was soaked! So we brought them in for a nice warm bath to end the evening. I was also able to get some time yesterday to work on my college schoolwork. Trying to get it wrapped up so I can enjoy the week with my parents.

I'll post more yard pics as we get our projects completed. I can't believe how fast the weekend went by and we actually stayed home! LOL

Have a great afternoon!!!

blessings,
Jill

20 comments:

claudia b said...

I love that last pic :D and yes, Kathleen would have been a very proper guest at the royal wedding!

Julie Harward said...

What a fun post! I love her glasses and dress..cute! Your food looks so good, it's always fun to make food and have guests over. Your yard work looks hard but it will be so beautiful! :D

Patti said...

I'm disappointed that your pictures won't show up on my computer. I've really missed seeing the lovely smiles of your sweet girls.

I can't believe you have lilacs blooming already!! Mine are probably 3 weeks away still.

How wonderful that your parents live close enough that y'all can see them often. That's such a blessing.

Love,
Patti

A.Marie said...

Kathleen was a lovely Princess!! And, those 2 dessert recipes look amazing!! I think those Home Run Bars look really yummy.... ;)

We are going out of town tomorrow, so I'm going to see if Lowe's has their mulch on sale. $2.50 a bag is a terrific price!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Love the pic of Kathleen, How many days has my Savannah been out there playing and giving me the same look. :)
I love reading about your life with the girls, your hubby and being a stay at home mom. Precious times.

Have a great week with your folks.

Take care, Viola

Kim said...

Great minds think alike. We worked on creating new flower beds in our yard today too! We got a little section all done, but we still have a whole backyard to do. Someday. Can't wait to see how yours turn out.

Have fun w/your parents! :)

Wendi said...

Your landscaping is going to look wonderful! I remember doing all the tilling and planting and such a few years ago. So happy we are in maintenance mode now!

I love lilacs! The rain pretty much did mine in this year. They were pretty while they lasted.

Megan has the same white shoes as Princess K. Have a great Tuesday!

Heather M said...

What a great weekend!!! lots of hard work and fun!!! and YUMMMY food!!!! Have a great week friend!! <3

Life In a Little House said...

Wow the yard looks like it is coming along nicely can't wait to see pictures of it when it is done :) ~ Kathleen is too cute!! She is quite royal looking with her princess gear!! Love Hayley's Hat :) Have a great week Love Heather

SonyaAnn said...

Everything about your life is adorable from your kids to your yard!
Have a wonderful week!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I've never thought dandelions could be so beautiful. Hayley did a great job! Will you put koi in your fish pond? I'm excited to see it! Sounds like a good weekend is on its way!

Mark said...

I think your Princess looked much better than some of the princesses I saw on Friday.
m.

Chelle said...

Your yard looks nice. I love fish ponds. Your lilacs are pretty too. We transplanted hostas last year and they are really growing nice this year. They live through anything. The cookbook looks like it really has a lot of good recipies in it.

McVal said...

Your landscaping is going to be beautiful! And I love the exhausted pic of Kathleen. Too cute!

Linda said...

Love your post! Beautiful yard too.
Have a great week!
Hugs

Sheila said...

Love the tilted tiara on Princess Kathleen. Wow--I think your yard is going to be beautiful when it is finished. My next door neighbor has a pond--I would love to have one but have no idea where I would put it. Yay for good neighbors!! Your girls always make me smile. Take care.

Cherie said...

You guys have literally been busy little bee's - Your yard is going to look great!!

I also love the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks - You can always find a yummy recipe!

Rayanne said...

Have a lovely time with your folks!
Those Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are great!
Looks like you are going to have a beautiful yard, keep showing us pictures!!!!
Your girls just keep getting prettier!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That second picture totally cracks me up ;) Looks like you guys have been very busy. I'm sure you'll love it when it is all done. Blessings!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I cannot wait to see the completed yard! It looks like it is going to be amazing!