Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 Year Blog Anniversary!!!!


One year ago today I started this journey of blogging my life and what a year it's been! I've met the most amazing people and have had wonderful opportunities presented to me. How quickly this year has passed by and how lovely it is to go back and reflect all the things that occur and change in one year.

Like last night when we all went to bed things were good. This morning started with my lab Sally falling down the stairs and not being able to keep her balance. Her eyes keep going back and forth, back and forth.  I thought for sure a stroke....A quick run to the vet confirmed a condition (sorry I can't recall the name) where they begin losing the ability to walk, etc. They are trying medicines at our request, but it could be a blood clot or a number of other ailments. They told us to talk to the girls and that the next 24 hours are critical. Sally turns 13 in August and I can't imagine life without her. We were suppose to travel to MD. today for my niece's birthday party but are unable to go as we need to stay by her side. We need prayers today. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worse, but I'm not ready to say goodbye. I hope the medicine works, but I am also aware it may be prolonging the inevitable. First and foremost I could never watch her suffer, I love her too much. So it's another journey as I head into my second year of blogging.....


Thanks to each and every one of you that stop by and comment. I appreciate it so much!
Looking forward to another year of meeting wonderful new friends!

Many Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Reading this makes my eyes tear, as I have been in a similar situation before and know how hard it is. Sally is a beauty and I pray she is granted more, quality time with you. (((HUGS)))

claudia b said...

congratulations on one year - sending good thoughts for Sally!!!

Life In a Little House said...

Happy Blogging anniversary you have such a beautiful family it has been a privelege to follow along and get to know you guys. Oh so sorry to hear about Sally I will say a prayer for sure!!Please keep us posted on her!! ~Love Heather

Patti said...

First of all, happy blog birthday!! I'm glad you are here in this blog world...and that our paths have crossed. I count it a privilege to call you my friend.

I know what you mean about your sweet puppo. Our older dog, Nikki, just turned 13 a couple weeks ago. Her health isn't the best, and we know that all too soon her days with us will be over. I know the hurt you are feeling in your heart.

Love and prayers,
Patti

Lecia said...

Animals can become such a part of the family. It is so hard to watch as they become older, praying the meds work.

Lindsay said...

Awww, I hate when pets get old, always makes me sad. Sending good thoughts your way!!

Julie said...

First Jill, congrats on your one year blogversary. I am so very glad we got to know each other a bit. You have taught me quite a bit of goodness.
Second Jill. I am sorry about Sally. Our pets our the love of our lives. They give us so much and ask for so little. I am glad that in life we can chose to make death much more painless for them. We lost Tuna a few years ago and she was the love of my life and I still miss her today. Reading your post made me think even more about her. Mind you, I love Wilbur and our new puppy but they won't be able to fill her shoes ever.
You and your family and Sally our in my prayers.
Take care Jill and have a peaceful and restful sleep. Blessings my friend.

Angie Berry said...

Goodness Jill, so very sorry to hear about Sally. I hope all goes well. I know it's very sad to lose a pet. I still have fond memories of pets that I lost many, many years ago. They are like family, we never forget them. I will be praying for your family.

Angie Berry said...

Oh, and Happy 1 Year Blog Anniversary!!!!

McVal said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

Kerri said...

Happy 1yr. blog anniversary Jill!

Sorry to hear about Sally....I will keep her in my prayers.

~ Noelle said...

happy blogiversary!
heres to a million more!

Kat said...

Hi Jill happy one year blogging! I am so sorry about your sweet baby I will pray for Sally, I know how you feel been there before and it's ruff. I don't know why you posted your link the way you did at my blog on your last visit, I do hope you have not run into any more weirdo's!? that last one I knew about what something else. I have been so busy this year since Kirsten's pregnancy and my mom, I don't know when life will slow down or if I want it to, but I will be off to bed soon and say a prayer for your Sally! miss you! big hugs

Mark said...

Jill, you're killing me here. I'm sorry that I was away this weekend and didn't see this on Saturday. It's hard to be joyful when you're thinking about you old puppy. My Golden is 13 now too and starting to do nutty things like wonder off and won't come down their stairs unless every light is on so he can see where he is walking. I feel bad for him. So bad.
Take care and let us know.
Mark

Lynn said...

Again so sorry about your Sally I will remember her in my prayers. Happy 1 year anniversary!! Im so glad we are blog friends :o)