Friday, June 3, 2011

Hayley's birthday party

Well I'm still not feeling all that well. Can't seem to shake the cough so thought I'd try to do a post and try to catch up on some blog reading since sleep is not coming too easily right now. :-(  Jerry has the girls out at the local carnival while I sit here trying to get better. :-( Tomorrow they are going fishing to celebrate Father's day early. Our summer's get busy very quickly.

I think all the late hours, planning and running myself ragged to prepare for the party did not help me as far as getting sick. Hmmmm lesson learned? No probably not...I'd do it all again for my girls. :-) Things turned out really nice and no rain!!! I only wish I got more pictures but I was even sick the day of her party.....

Jerry did last minute stair cleaning the night before.....
Of course after all the people through the house that day and spending the night I think that effort may have been pointless...lol

Hayley received this beautiful arrangement from her "adopted" grandma that was unable to make the party.
It made a lovely centerpiece the day of the party.

My Dad and Jerry has just moved this from our backyard, the challenge getting it to the other side of our yard out front. Jerry built it himself and it weighs over 200 lbs.!

Dad looking at Jerry like...."you want to move it where??" LOL!

I found matching outfits for the girls to wear!!
Kathleen wanted to give Hayley her presents from her first.

She received these from a card she got in the mail.

Kathleen made this card for Hayley and I just love her expression. The blue wagon in the back Jerry found for Hayley for her American Girl dolls.


Some of the tables and decorations.

Yes, they managed to get the table around too! ;-)


We did our traditional party game....who can eat the donut off the string the fastest without using their hands? Of course we chose chocolate donuts on a 90 plus degree day to make it more fun! LOL

They had a blast and we did this in several groups.

We were also sure to provide lots of water!!

Oh and did I mention we had water gun battles too? LOL
Kathleen enjoyed this part of the day very much! :-)

We had music and dancing as well as a bounce house we rented for the kids to enjoy!! The day just flew by!

Kathleen snuck off with a bowl of Hershey kisses! LOL It was a day for no rules.....

Later there was even some crabs to enjoy!

Some ramdon pictures....







It was so great getting everyone together. These were just a few of the many pictures of family and friends that I took. I only wish I had been feeling better. We had several stay overnight so it was quite a houseful!
We are so very blessed. :-)

Happy 10th Birthday Hayley!!! I can't believe you are a whole decade old and double digits!!!!
Love you soooo much my sweet girl!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

claudia b said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well, I have hosted a party feeling crappy and it just sucks. Happy birthday Hayley!!!
Kathleen is a girl after my own heart, sneaking those Hershey's Kisses. I can't keep them in the house because I can eat a whole bag in an afternoon!

Beloved's Bride said...

Double Digits! Wahoo! Happy Birthday, Hayley.
That is a very nice table that he made! I wouldn't mind having one of those. But, 200 lb -- now that is dedication in moving it for a party! Nice Hubby! It does seems like it was a fabulous fun day for all.

I am hoping you are feeling better very soon.

Mommy Of Two Little Blessings said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Great job Momma! *smile* I like the doughnut game, I've never heard of it before, sounds and looked like fun. *smile* Thanks for making time to stop by my journal and for making time to share so many pictures of your fun birthday party. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

Julie Harward said...

Wow..you guys sure know how to have a party! Happy Birthday to your sweet 10 year old..how great is that! :D

SonyaAnn said...

A beautiful party for a beautiful little girl.
Great job, it looked like it was a wonderful and well thought out party.

Anonymous said...

That was some party! Looks like everyone was having a blast. Happy 10th Haley!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

~Wendi http://myheartisalwayshome.blogspot.com

*I am having trouble posting using my google account.*

Sheila said...

What a party!! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Hayley looks so happy. I love the picture of Kathleen with the bowl of Hershey's kisses--too cute!! Take care of yourself.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday to Hayley! Looks like you outdid yourself. Sure hope you feel better soon :)

Kerri said...

Happy 10th Hailey! Wow, what a FUN party...you guys know how to do it right!!!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to your Hayley! What a party!!! Complete with crabs! Wow! SO. MANY. PEOPLE!! So sorry you were still feeling yucky for the big day...you still did so much Jill!! I'm sure your precious girl felt very loved.

Blessings,
Camille

P.S. I hope you are able to REST now! Get well soon. :)

Lynn said...

Happy 10th Haley!! Wow what a crowd you had. I wouldn't know how to act if I had a party like that as a kid. Sure looks like everyone had fun and those doughnuts on a string sound good LOL

Mark said...

Awe Man, I'm so sorry that I missed this post. Happy Belated Birthday to Hayley! How great is that! Now you have a kid in the double digits. Oh, sorry, didn't mean to make you feel old.
Your Friend, m.

Warnner said...

this birthday party having cool pic.thank for your sharing these pic..

~ Noelle said...

love that table!!!
and what a cool birthday party!!!
happy late birthday haley