Monday, June 13, 2011

A Sleepover Party Oh My!! :-)

Whew, I sorta survived the weekend sleepover party for Hayley's birthday! Even though we kept it small and ended up with 3 girls coming plus Hayley of course, with the noise level I'm pretty sure there was about 50 girls here! :-) Before the girls arrived Hayley designed some clothes for her American girl dolls.


This one was made out of a Justin Beiber treat bag! LOL

Then I took a few photos of her before the girls arrived.


My beautiful 10 year old girl....

She picked out a cute cake for her party.

Then the girls started arriving and the fun began!!!


They were playing Just Dance on the Wii having a grand time!

Then I set up makeup stations for them and oh my..... it got carried away!! LOL


But so much laughter!!! I loved it! Brought back my memories of sleepovers as a child. :-)


A fashionable cat!



Time for presents! One of the girls knew how much Hayley liked sunglasses and got her these! :-) She loved them of course!

There was jewelry making too!

Hayley rented Goosebumps movies from the library and the girls curled up with the dogs to watch them. It was great because we had a thunderstorm that night and while they were watching the movies lightning came through the skylights illuminating the dark room and making them all scream! LOL


The next day they had a fashion show....

These were the treat baskets I sent home with the girls.

They got candies, nail sets, lip gloss, a magic fortune ball, cupcakes, etc.!

Silliness!

Hayley and her friend conked out the next morning. The girls stayed up all night and so did I!

Owen was pretty worn out too and had to join them! :-)

This is the aftermath in our basement playroom. I didn't even post the mess from upstairs!






As you can see my "to-do" list has just gotten lengthier! Luckily this is in the basement!! We have a nature program all this week and lots planned so hopefully I'll get this reorganized like it usually looks and I'll have to post the after shots!! See told you it was like 50 girls were here!!! LOL

But my little girl was happy and full of joy....so the aftermath is worth it.

Hope you have an amazing day!!!
Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What a mess, but it does look like a lot of fun! ~Wendi

http://myheartisalwayshome.blogspot.com

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wow Jill....how fun :) :) I'll have eto remember this when I have kids. goodness, I'll do this for my next birthday :) :) You know how to have a fun girl's birthday. I thought it was so cute that the girls got to have a make-up party, make jewelry et.. Oh, were those Mary Kay make-up trays? I love MaryKay...I'm glad the girls had a good time. The photo of Owen, your dog, sleeping with the girls was really cute :) :)

I'm glad Hayley had such a good time :) :) You did an awesome job putting this all together for her :) :) Have a great week :) :)Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jenny said...

Looks like fun but that mess is making me think that we will never have a sleepover! LOL!

Lindsay said...

Aww, brings back memories! I haven't ventured into sleepover territory with my girl yet. She'll be 11 next week, and she's been hinting...lol

Julie Harward said...

Hi Jill...Looks like the girls had a blast and it looks like the house did too! I remember such parties, the best of times! ;D

Mark said...

You know, I thought that I had wanted another girl, but after seeing that pink explosion of a playroom, I think I changed my mind.
Great party! m.

Kerri said...

Looks like Halyley's party was a success! I hope you have some help with that basement! :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, what a mess! but it looks like you guys had some serious fun. I hope you didn't clean it up! LOL!

SonyaAnn said...

You are a great mom! It did look like it was a wonderful party for the girls-you not so much!LOL I do remember the girl parties-Den and DJ would find a place to hide!

McVal said...

Happy Birthday to Hayley!!!! and seriously... what's wrong with the room?? It looks like my house all the time! ;)
Tell Hayley kudos on the dresses for her dolls! She'll be a designer someday!

Patti said...

Oh, my, Hayley's in double digits now, huh? How did you handle that, mommy? That's sort of one of the traumatic birthdays...at least it was for me.

A slumber party sounds like fun, though I'm never sure why they are called slumber parties. After all, slumber means sleep, and very little sleep is ever gotten at a girls' slumber party.

The idea of watching the movies while it was thundering and lightning out sounds so fun.

What a lovely celebration everyone had. Now time to plan Kathleen's party!!

Love,
Patti

Lynn said...

Love all the pictures you can just see the laughter and energy LOL I want that energy hehehe. I loved the pictures of them all zonked out and the doggies getting some rest too LOL

A Primitive Homestead said...

I bet your house is where all the kids want to visit. Looks like the pary was a blast. The mess will be gone in time & the memories will remain. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hayley! Kathleen I like your purple dress. I wish my basement was finished. Maybe someday. I hate to clean & it would mean more to clean. I love your pond. In a beautiful spot. Blessings!
Lara

~ Noelle said...

i know they had lots of fun!
what a great mom you are!!!