Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer, Sally & fitness update, garden goodies and more :-)

Well I am happy to report that the medicines have stabilized Sally. She still is not real steady, but is better than Sat. The vet has her on a bunch of meds and wants to do another follow up. Hayley and I shed a lot of tears Sat.  Jerry and I sat the girls down to explain and to let them know she may not have a lot of time left with us. They took it pretty hard. I don't think Kathleen fully understands. We had cancelled our plans to go to MD. for a birthday party so we let the girls enjoy our little pool we set up for them. Sally was not in good enough shape so she laid by the door and watched. Owen kept running over and looking at her like "well come on!". They know something is wrong. So does our cat Princess, she's always by Sally's side.

I was glad we got the pool finished earlier in the week so the girls had a distraction for awhile.
Here they are having fun!






In the mornings Hayley likes to help me get breakfast together. Especially making special ones for Kathleen. This was what she came up with the other day and here's a picture of Kathleen all excited about it and she didn't even have her hair brushed yet! LOL


I think Hayley did a great job! This one was a dog with a bandanna. :-)

We are also finally getting some squash and zucchini from our garden!! Yummy!


Since Sally is no longer able to go up and down stairs I slept down on the sofa bed with her the first night, then Hayley asked me if she could and I said yes. The sofa bed wasn't the greatest for my back but Hayley loves being down there and she has Owen sleep with her too.

Sally girl has her beds on the floor next to them.

I just wish they never had to get old. :-(

Today the girls made different things out of pom poms, they had so much fun.



After a couple were made Kathleen disappeared and didn't want her picture taken, lol.


A little bit of glue and imagination!

This one is a lady at the beach! :-)


Thanks for all the comments and emails on the fitness journeys! So glad to hear from some of you that are committing to make this positive change for yourselves! :-)

I've been sticking to the new program and lost 2 pounds this past week. :-) Today I did another 40 mins. of weight training. Muscle burns fat! Cardio is equally important, but remember if you don't change your eating habits your results won't be as effective. Be sure to eat 6 small meals a day combining carbs and protein. It helps to stabilize your sugars and won't leave you with that starving feeling. :-) I'm actually looking forward to the workouts each day. Making the right changes each day will lead to a successful fitness and health journey. Remember you are worth it! :-) Grab your tennis shoes and get moving, even if it's a walk around the block, I promise you'll feel better!

Have a few words of encouragement for you today.....

"The ability to convert ideas to things is the secret to outward success"  -Henry Ward Beecher

"The significance of a man is not what he attains but in what he longs to attain" - Kahlil Gibran

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome" -Samuel Johnson

Have a wonderful, productive afternoon!!

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Beloved's Bride said...

OH Jill. We will be praying for the girls. We just had to put our dog down last week. It was heartbreaking.

Olives and Pickles said...

Oh I'm really sorry about your dog : (
I know how much we get to love them.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Congrats on your fitness goals!

You're such a fun mom. I know I always say that, but it is true ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I understand what you're going through. Tonight we had to tell the kids that their great grandma is on hospice and will soon be with Jesus. It was a hard moment indeed. Change is always hard for kids, especially where loved ones, be that a person or an animal are concerned.

Sheila said...

I'm so sorry to read about Sally. I'm sure the other animals do know something is going on with her--I know my dogs always know when the other is sick--it's amazing to watch them take care of each other. Your girls always make me smile--they are too cute!! Congrats on the weight loss and on keeping up the exercise. I never thought I would enjoy exercising either but it seems I "need" it each day now. Take care.

Kerri said...

Poor Sally and the girls. You're such a good mom...always keeping the girls busy and having fun. I wish we had a pool...someday!

Jenny said...

Hang in there. Your girls' smiles are adorable! They always look like they are having so much fun. Ahh, that pool looks so refreshing.

Mark said...

Poor Miss Sally. I feel so bad for your girls.
Take care. m.

Anonymous said...

We have the same pool. This the second year we have used it and it has brought many hours of summer fun for Megan.

I am really behind on my reading. I had no idea your dog wasn't doing well. :( I am sorry to hear that.

Enjoy your garden goodies. I am starting to see the fruits of my labor and it is exciting! ~ Wendi

Http://myheartisalwayshome.blogspot.com

Angie Berry said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Sally is okay. How sweet of the other pets to stay by her side. Yes, you are right... they know something is not right.

Looks like the girls are having a great time with the pool and the pom poms!

Patti said...

I'm glad Sally is doing better. Hope she gets fully recovered soon. It's so hard having an older dog, isn't it?

The pool looks like alot of fun. We had a pool when we lived in Florida, and my kids spent hours out there nearly every day. They were definitely water babies.

I'm glad you are having fun with your girls this summer.

Love,
Patti

McVal said...

LOVE Pool pics! And that is one creative breakfast! I thought our oatmeal song was fun, but this beats it by a mile...

Lynn said...

Im so sorry to hear about your Sally, its so sad that everyone has to grow old and its hard for pets because they can't tell you where it hurts. I think animals always know when another animal is suffering.

The pool looks like so much fun!!

Life In a Little House said...

I am so glad you get some more time to love on Sally and I agree I wish they did not grow old either except for to the point where they are out of the hyper chewy puppy stage then they can stop growing hehehe. The pool looks like loads of fun we had that pool last year but a mouse ate it over the winter ugh!! so we got a much smaller one for Anna to cool off in.
Great job with the fitness plan keep it up!! your going to have so much more energy!! I do not need to lose to much weight I put a few pounds on from what I lost last year but I am trying to tone up I do not have enough muscle at all and if anything as I build muscle I may end up gaining a little which I would not mind as long as it is muscle!! I would love to be stronger and I very much like how muscle burns more calories.It is really hard to build muscle though when you don't have it I have my work cut out for me!! ~Enjoyed your post~ Have a Great 4th of July Love Heather

Camille said...

How fun that your girls have a pool to play in Jill! What a blessing that they are enjoying one another...they will have such happy memories of these years. :)

So sorry about your Sally...never fun! :(

What a fun assortment of crafts you do with your girls...pom poms...I'd never thought of that!

Great job on the fitness/eating well plan you are maintaining...keep it up! You are right...you do feel better for it...well done.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Camille