Friday, June 17, 2011

Willie Nelson - On the Road Again



Now I wouldn't say I am a Willie Nelson fan.... but for some reason as I was packing and loading our van yet again....this song popped into my head! LOL I always feel like we are on the road again! It's just the kind of song you have to smile when you listen to it. :-)

We have some plans tomorrow and Sunday we are celebrating Father's day with my dad and my sister and brother in law. So it will be nice to get everyone together.

I watched the movie Charlie St. Cloud last night. Not sure if you've seen it, but it was emotional to watch.
Jerry wasn't ready to see it because it dealt with a brother who's younger brother died. There was one line in the movie that just got to me and it's when Charlie talks to the "ghost" of his younger brother. He says "It hurts just as bad today (5 years later) as it did the day I lost you" his brother replies..."It only hurts because you're alive". I don't want to give too much of the movie away, but for anyone who's ever suffered a tragic loss....this is a good movie to see. This will be the first Father's day without Patrick and 4 young children will not have their Dad to celebrate with. I think this first year of holidays is going to be the hardest to get through so bear with me. I find the writing helps. :-)

Well I'm off to get the girls a good lunch together and finish last minute details before we leave. I will hopefully get to post some this weekend while we're away.

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful;to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong"

-Laura Ingalls Wilder

Have a wonderful day!!!

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Mark said...

Safe travels! Prayers being sent to Patrick's children.
Your Friend, m.

McVal said...

I heard that movie once and I cried while I was driving. The kids and hubs were in the backseat watching it while we were headed somewhere...
I had to ask questions every once in a while.
Have a wonderful trip!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I haven't heard of the movie before. Will have to check it out. I'm sure this weekend will be one filled with joy and grief. I pray you and your family will be able to keep your eyes on God, knowing He is sovereign even in the pain and unanswered questions. Hugs to you! Have a great trip :)

Jamie said...

jill,i just watched that movie and I was shocked.I thought is was more of a family movie but I do believe that it is for older kids that are prepared for the death part of life.My son was okay with it but thought it was a mom movie.

The photos from the party are so cute and your basement is awesome,i love the shelves and the size.

Have a great and safe trip.lots of blessings for you all.

Julie said...

Have a great weekend Jill. Enjoy your family time, it is one of lifes great treasures.
Take care, drive safely and God Bless!!!

SonyaAnn said...

I hope that everyone one has a good weekend. One day at a time is all we can do. The first Father's day after my dad died was hard for me so I understand.
Take care.

Genn said...

Hi Jill,
I have seen that movie and yes it was emotional. I was so glad that he moved on in the end and they were both able to be happy.
I'm not sure who Patrick was to you, but I am sorry for your loss. I know losing a loved one can be so difficult. I'm glad writing does help for you.
Safe travels to you this weekend.
Hugs.

Sweet Tea said...

Hi!
I saw you over a Simone's Blog and thought I'd jmp over here and say hello. I enjoyed reading through some of your posts. You have a lovely family and it looks like the birthday party was a huge succesw. Enjoy your weekend plans. I signed on to FOLLOW, so I'll be back.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

The trip sounds wonderful but my heart goes out to all of you in experiencing the first of many firsts. I will be praying God's comfort and plenty of smiles and laughter in the midst of sadness.

One thing I know about grief, it doesn't go away. It hangs out. I know Sam was "just" a dog to some but to me, he was more. So, there are times when I'll be laughing and then see or think of something that reminds me of him and the tears come.

Be safe and happy Father's day to Jerry!

Patti said...

I'm not what I would call a Willie Nelson fan either, but I always think of that song when we get on the road to somewhere.

I can imagine that the pain is still fresh and real to your whole family. Grieving any loss takes time, especially one as unexpected as Patrick's. I think it's great that you are expressing your feelings through your writing. May it be a healing balm to you.

Have a wonderful weekend. And happy Father's Day to Jerry.

Love,
Patti

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Safe travels and a happy weekend....
Blessings,Teresa

Lynn said...

I sure hope you have a safe and happy trip. I am not a Willie Nelson fan never have been lol I have never seen that movie I will have to check that one out :o)