Friday, July 1, 2011

Newfoundland, Canada

What a whirlwind week! I've had several people asking me when I was posting again....it's been 3 days, lol. I hadn't even realized that much time went by. I've been so busy! Jerry went away on business to Newfoundland, Canada and brought home some lovely pictures to share with you all. He wasn't kidding when he said this place was in the middle of nowhere! But beautiful.....

   He went up to fix this unit:
To this place in the middle of nowhere!


See it nestled in among the trees? ;-)
The roads looked like this.....


Beautiful sights all around so prepare for quite a few pics!







Still have snow on the mountain tops!



You can barely tell where the clouds and ocean end...

Whales in the water

So beautiful and peaceful....





Can you imagine living here? :-)




I love this picture....



Gorgeous!


This little guy hiding in the tree is actually very rare there. Forgive me as I can't recall the name...no it's not a squirrel or a chipmunk, lol

Coming back into the airport they also got to see President Obama's plane land.


It's the plane on the far right.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Blessings,
Jill

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh wow breathtaking pictures thanks so much for sharing with us. I love seeing places that I know I will probably never get to visit. I would just be crazy over seeing a whale in the water LOL Thanks again, happy weekend to you and your family :o)

Sweet Tea said...

A whale. WOW!!
Your husband has a good eye for photos - they are beautiful.
When you said it was out in the middle of nowhere, you meant it. LOL

Katharine said...

Beautiful pictures! The East coast is so lovely! Although they do have some extreme weather! PEI is on our list to visit!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jills,
the pictures are just gorgeous :) :) I've always wanted to visit Canada. I know your hubby was there on business, but wow, what an opportunity to see some beautiful countryside : :) I've always loved the water and could see myself living here for a short time, at least :) :)

Have a Happy 4th of July weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Thaks for sharing. The pictures are beautiful! ~Wendi

http://myheartisalwayshome.blogspot.com

Angie Berry said...

Oh my, isn't that gogeous?! God's country is truly breathtaking! I could see myself living there... I don't need much, lol! How neat to see whales too!!

Camille said...

Gorgeous photos Jill...sooooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

Many blessings,
Camille