Friday, July 22, 2011

Part 4 of Vacation. Williamsburg Va.

I've always enjoyed visiting Williamsburg. On this day it was over 100 degrees so we didn't venture around too much. As you notice in the pictures there weren't too many other visitors that day either :-) I loved being surrounded by all the history....











I imagine these ladies were certainly feeling the heat!!!













This we took for our British neighbors as they have become quite dear friends of ours!
We were getting some looks from a lot of people......

Wonderful productive gardens to walk through!



That concludes our afternoon at Williamsburg. We were only in the resort from Monday early afternoon until Wednesday morning. So on Tuesday we spent the day at Busch Gardens! That will be my next couple posts.
I enjoy taking lots of pictures....can you tell? :-)

It's another scorcher here today....A/C is blasting but I'm still feeling tired! Looking forward to the weekend with my family. Hope you all have a great one!!

Blessings,
Jill

9 comments:

Cherie said...

Beautiful pictures! I love Williamsburg - we have only been there once about 5 years ago and you just feel immersed in history. It is a fun place to roam!!

Patti said...

Ah, Williamsburg...one of the places I have never been to but have long-wanted to visit. Given that I love history so much, it's not surprising that I would be drawn to a place like that.

Great photos!! I especially love the one of the girls having their "public discipline."

Can't wait for the next installment of the trip.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Patti

Heather said...

Oh wow how beautiful don't you just love being immersed into all that History!! I just love History I am reading a book about the civil war currently ~Thanks for sharing what a fabulous vacation the girls looks so cute and even in the pictures it looks hot what a crazy heatwave is going on this year ! Wishing you a wonderful weekend ~Love Heather

Lynn said...

I just love Williamsburg Va. and I sure did love seeing it again thanks so much for sharing, we have been several times now, and we also love Busch Gardens that is so much fun!!

Julze said...

Fabulous photos...what a wonderful place to visit! Thanks for sharing :-)

SonyaAnn said...

Thank you for sharing. It looks like everyone is having a great time despite the heat.

Beloved's Bride said...

OH Jill, It looks like you having a wonderful time! I am so glad. We enjoy that area as well.

Come bye the blog. I just stole a picture off your site! ;) We tried one of your recipes. And, love it!

Heather said...

Oooh! what beautiful photos! I want so badly to visit Williamsburg someday. I just love that style and all the history that goes with it. I've enjoyed visiting you here at your blog! :)

McVal said...

LOVE those pics of the girls in the stocks! They look like they deserve to be there... ;) Just kidding!
What a great educational place to visit!