Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vacation Part 2 :-)

After finally arriving and enjoying a day at the Island....the next day the girls were excited to hit the beach at Ocean City, Md.
We took a little detour to get our pictures taken by our famous shark near where we stay! Hayley has been sitting inside here since she was an infant. It's neat to look back on the old pictures and see how much they've grown!

This year they also had a large cow displayed so we had to get a picture there too! :-)


These are incredible pieces of art that they were working on at this time. I still took pictures so you could see what an amazing job they do.





We saw lots of these flying overhead as well!


This is at the beach house the girls were waiting to be served their breakfast outside!
To the beach we go!

Kathleen's favorite part of the beach was playing in the sand!






I love this picture, look carefully at the faces of the people in the background. I have no idea who they were but they were laughing at Kathleen's reaction to the big waves! She turned to try to run off, lol. As you notice we always put life jackets on our girls at the ocean. There have been so many tragedies and lost kids we don't want to take any chances. The undertows were quite strong!

Here you can see the waves caught her anyway and with such force Hayley had to hold on because she lost her footing. I think Kathleen felt much safer in daddy's arms!

She was quite content to come back to the beach and play in the sand!!


This was our last day in Ocean City Md.

Then it was time to pack the car and get on the rd. again!

Can you guess where we're headed this time???

Part 3 tomorrow! :-)

Blessings,
Jill

11 comments:

claudia b said...

how fun, and I agree with you, you can't be too careful at the beach!!

Heather said...

Great Pictures and super smart idea with the Life Vests...I don't know how to swim but my husband was a life gaurd and taught all the kids he swims very well. And just a few months ago my husband was pulled out in a rip current thankfully he knows what to do but even the life gaurds on duty were shocked to see how far out it pulled him. Why take chances right!! Such cute pictures looks like a wonderful vaction love the big shark! ~Can't wait to see part 3 ~Love Heather

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a fabulous vacation! Love the pictures. : )

A Primitive Homestead said...

Seeing your beach photos brings back so many memories for me. The last time I went I was almost due to deliver Lucas. I took my oldest Atlee & Laken. Laken was four at the time. She has no memory of our trip. Is it better to always be safe than sorry. I agree with the life vests. Have no guess as to where you are going in part 3 but sure it was a fun adventure. Your girls will have wonderful childhood memories to look back on. Blessings!
Lara

Sweet Tea said...

Shark, Cow, and beautiful Sand art. Wow!

You can see the sheer joy on your girl's faces as they enjoy the sand & water.
Great photos of happy times.

Patti said...

I sure did miss you!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. Family vacations are SUCH blessings in our lives...filled to overflowing with lovely memories.

You know I love the beach. A week at the beach is my idea of Heaven.

I love the up close and personal photo of Kathleen playing in the sand. She is SO photogenic.

Welcome back!!

Love,
Patti

Donna said...

Jill, I LOVE these pictures! How nice to see you all so bright and happy. I hope you are doing better and having more cheerful days inspite of your loss.

Summer is so much more fun with little ones. What a great idea about the life jackets. I used to be terrified that I was going to lose a child to the waves. Keeping track of five was a nightmare.

I feel better knowing they have jackets. :o)

Smart mommy--you!

xo
Donna

Jenny said...

Ah, the beach, it sure is heavenly isn't it!? Looks like you had the best time. Cute pictures and I'm glad to see what Ocean City looks like, I have heard it is nice but I have never been there.

McVal said...

Wonderful! Love that shark!
I'm guessing NYC!!!

~ Noelle said...

wow
that sand art is amazing

Sheila said...

I love all your vacation pictures. It looks like y'all had such fun. Good to see you in a picture too!! The sand art is amazing. Your girls are gorgeous as always. Have a great weekend. Take care.