Friday, July 8, 2011

youtube - national lampoon's vacation video!.avi



Have you ever seen this movie? National Lampoon's Vacation? They are super funny movies about vacation and some remind me of our travels and the things that can go wrong!

My Dad is staying here this week with our dogs and to watch over Sally. The vet is happy with her progress so we're still optimistic. :-)

We are headed out tomorrow for vacation so I will be on a blogging break.... We'll be home late next Sunday so I'll have lots to share with you when I come back!

This movie was before mini vans and SUVS, before DVD's and movies in the vehicles, before ipods, nintendos etc. Just good ol fashion fun! I remember when we were little the punch buggy game.... trying to see how many different state license plates we could find.... singing....bickering with my sister, sleeeping, asking a million times "are we there yet?".... LOL A whole new appreciation for my parents!

What are some of your favorite memories of vacation? I'd love to hear them!

I meant to post about preparing for vacation but my time got away from me getting things done...I'll catch up soon!!!

Have a wonderful week!!!

Blessings,
Jill

13 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I'm a big Chevy Chase fan - love all the National Lampoon movies! Have a great time and we'll be anxious to hear all about it when you're home again. Travel safely, Friend.

Mark said...

I've always loved that movie. In fact, all of the vacation movies are great!
I don't have any funny vacation stories. Only ones that aren't appropriate to share with you and your Followers. I mean, I don't want their eyes to bleed.
Have a great time on vacation.
Your Friend, m.
p.s. Don't forget the D.S.s m.

Wendi said...

That is a fun movie! We played the license plate game on our way to Myrtle Beach last year. The twist was that we were split into two vans w/ walkie talkies. Every now and then you would hear someone yell over the walkie "Hawaii!" "Florida!" "Iowa!" It was fun to see which van would spot the new plate first.

Have a fun trip!

Lynn said...

I loved the first vacation movie hilarious!! Have fun on your trip and stay safe :o)

McVal said...

I LOVE that movie! We vacationed from Iowa to California one year and really it was exactly the same but just not videotaped like theirs was. Yes, the movie was based on us...
Have a wonderful trip!

Jenny said...

I love all the Vacation movies. I call my big tall hubby Clark sometimes when he is acting very Griswold-y. I hope you have a great vacation.

Sandra J said...

I was just talking about that movie last week while we were on vacation. We had a mini van load of people and no spaces available and my niece was saying she wished so and so had come with us, and I remarked we would have had to tie them to the roof in a folding chair like in the movie. My niece and her friend had never seen the movie but they now want to.

Have a fun trip.

Patti said...

I hope you are having a wonderful vacation. I had been missing you...hadn't seen any posts in awhile, so I popped by and discovered this post that I somehow missed.

I have 2 favorite family vacations (as an adult, with my own kids). We used to take week-long beach vacations quite often (Gulf Coast, which was a treat, since we were only 30 minutes from the Atlantic Coast), but our all-time favorite trip was to Clearwater Beach. WE took a cruise on a "pirate ship." Another year we went to Great Smokey Mountains National Park...had an awesome time. We have so many wonderful memories (and photos) from both trips.

I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Love,
Patti

Donna said...

We just got back from a bloggy vacation but I wanted to drop by and say Hi. Love the video! Vacations are always an adventure..code word for accidents.LoL!

xo
Donna

Mandie said...

I love that movie and the Christmas one too. They are classics! Have a great time on vacation :-)

Kat said...

HI Jill I love those movies, I hope you're having fun on your trip, I can't wait to hear all about it. That's so nice your dad came to stay with the pets, how sweet is that? what a great daddy you have. I am so glad Sally is doing better, what a worry that was for you and your family. Take care sweets. Hugs

Camille said...

Hi Jill! I trust you are having a lovely Summer with your family!! I am going to be *offline* for the next month and just wanted to stop by before I *shut down* this computer. Have a wonderful month! Hope to reconnect sometime in mid-August, Lord-willing. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Have a great vacation, Jill :) :) I remember the National Lampoon movies, too :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)