Thursday, August 25, 2011

Girls get a surprise, dinner, new quotes/inspiration & feet? lol

Surprise!!! Isn't that just a wonderful word! Just lifts your spirits and makes you smile!? My girls got a nice surprise in the mail the other day from a friend of my Mom's. They were so excited to get a package with their names on it to tear into!

Kathleen's face cracks me up! That was some pretty strong tape! :-)

The surprise was beautiful jewelry for the girls.

They were quite delighted to say the least!
Still nice to get treats through snail mail........

Tonight we had an easy meal....whipped up some egg salad, made french fries and baked them, then cooked up a vegetable medley. Simple, healthy and quick!

Doesn't always need to be fancy!

Kathleen has been running a fever the last few days, however she still gets dressed in her best dresses and puts on a smile! Tonight she knew Daddy had a tough day at work so she wanted to get her lavender smelling lotion and give his feet a good massage. I love this little girl. Feeling bad herself but always thinking of others.


Brave girl for getting near Daddy's stinky feet!
So.....thinking about germs, lol....made me think of my new sanitizer I found to carry around!
Have you seen these?

I found mine in Bath and Body works and I love it because it attaches to any bag! So convenient! No more rummaging around in my purse for the sanitizer in the stores or on the playground! Remember I have the child that dives on the floor and under counters looking for change! :-)

We joined the YMCA the other night and already love it! Have the girls signed up for several classes starting in September. We've been going as often as possible and exercising and swimming! The more we can find to stay fit and happy the better! Found these two motivational sayings I wanted to share.


Love it!!!

This picture was to make you smile.... She was bending down for shells not looking and whoops! LOL
Just had to add it in!


Just remember the only person who can change your life is YOU! Nothing worth having is ever easy, but always worth it!
When you don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning....think of those who can't.....
Focus on your blessings and capabilities and you can't go wrong. If you want better....DO BETTER! :-)

Just a couple quotes to leave you with this evening.....

"It takes no more time to see the good side of life than it takes to see the bad"  -Jimmy Buffett

"Happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have;it depends solely upon what you think"
   -Dale Carnegie

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude"  -Amy Tan

"People create their own questions because they're afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it-walk!"   -Ayn Rand

Be content with things as ye have   -Hebrews 13:5

My little Kathleen picked these out for her rain boots this year....

I love them....I was seriously looking for a pair in my size! ;-)
I think she'll be ready for the rain and storms coming our way! Stay safe those of you in it's path! My thoughts go out to you!

My birthday is tomorrow and I am looking forward to spending the day with my girls. I arranged to do a fundraiser with them tomorrow night....more about that to come!

Many blessings!!!

Jill

11 comments:

claudia b said...

happy early birthday! love how sweet Kathleen is!!!

Patti said...

Thanks for all those awesome motivational quotes!!!

And I agree on the fun and excitement of getting things in the mail. That's one of the reasons I'm such a big card sender. People like a splash of beauty and fun in amongst all the bills and junk!!

Have a great evening.

Love,
Patti

Wendi said...

Happy early Birthday! I am sorry that K hasn't been well. I hope she is feeling better!

Sheila said...

Happy birthday to you. I hope you have a wonderful day. Love the looks on Kathleen's face. Hayley's haircut looks so good on her. Your girls never fail to make me smile. Thanks for sharing them. Love the quotes--I need to print them out and post them around the house! Take care.

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday Jill!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thanks for the quotes...especially the one about getting off your @$% and working for it. I plan to start back to exercising this coming week when school starts. I have let myself go this summer. It's time for me to do something about it!

Hope Kathleen is feeling better today too!
Have a great birthday weekend!

Vic said...

surprises are nice no matter what they entail;) i love her face! the girls and i always try to find those rain boots on sale---never any luck but they are fun and AWESOME!:) enjoy the weekend

Mark said...

30 at last! Happy Birthday!
I was away but I'm glad that I made it back just in time. I think I'll find some cake today and think of you as I'm shoving it down my pie hole.
And thanks again for that prize the other day. I really love it and will try to post it on Monday. The key word is "try".
Your Friend, m.
p.s. give you Mom a hug from me. "Hi Jill's Mom"! m.

SonyaAnn said...

What a sweet gift to get in the mail. You have some wonderful people in your lives.
I don't think that I could get Anna to go near Den's feet. You have a brave little girl.LOL
Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Happy Early Birthday to you!

McVal said...

LOVE that ocean picture! And Happy Birthday!

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jill,
So enjoyed visiting you and your sweet family tonight. Your girls are darling and how fun to receive the pretty jewelry in the mail.
I hope Kathleen feels better real soon.
Love the quotes too. So inspiring!
Oh the rainboots are adorable.

Your dinner looks so good and healthy. I love meals like this and do them often.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. It is so great to see you and I so enjoyed my visit here as always.
Have a blessed weekend.
Celestina Marie XO