Monday, August 1, 2011

More vacation pictures! Va. beach!!

O.k. my days are seriously getting by me too quickly! I realized I need to catch up these vacation pictures so I can share more recipes, organization, crafts and more with you all! If only there was more then one of me this juggle would be easier, lol. Along with all my have to's on my to do list I'm also trying to enjoy quality time with the girls before school starts. :-)

Here we are at Virginia beach! By the looks of our luggage you would think we were moving in!! LOL

Jerry enjoying the view from our balcony....this was my favorite part!

We saw many of these during our stay as we weren't too far from the base.

I love this picture of them in the water...

We were really blessed to get some beautiful shots during our stay.





So beautiful to watch....



More fun at the beach!


Jerry lost 3 pairs of sunglasses in the water.....

It was comical because when we first arrived the waves were very mild compared to Ocean City Md. Hayley was disappointed at first, well that first night we had storms roll through and after that the waves were to her liking! LOL

Kathleen braved the edge....


I like this particular picture I got of Jerry. He was sitting and searching for seashells and a wave crashed over him...he started to laugh.... it's the little things in life that we appreciate.....No matter your age you can enjoy the beauty of your surroundings. :-)



We did a lot of walking and enjoyed the sights around us.




This night even though the picture was beautiful we were all busy saying prayers as a search was on for an 8 year old boy. Luckily he was found several streets down had washed up there, but was o.k.!!

A bit windy and chilly on this same night. We went to enjoy a magic show!

Jerry was chosen to go up and assist the magician...

He was asked to verify that the chainsaw was real and that the blades were turning...the guy was getting ready to juggle it!

Morning sunrise anyone? Jerry took the girls down to enjoy the sunrise....this day Mommy was sleeping...

This is one of my favorites...doesn't even look real the colors were incredible!


Enjoying the beauty that surrounds us....and so thankful for all we have.




Tomorrow will be the Virginia Aquarium and a wrap up of our trip. :-) Have a wonderful evening!!

Blessings,
Jill

11 comments:

SonyaAnn said...

Oh wow, those were some stunning pictures! I'm glad that you shared them.

claudia b said...

what a great vacation, Jill - someday I hope to take the boys to the East coast and see some historical sites, I just love that area and hope my kids will like it too - your girls are just too precious and sweet!!!

Beloved's Bride said...

Those are some fabulous sunsets! Love all the vacation pictures. It is nice to get out and rest and have some fun play time.

That bird is a MH 47 (chinook) it is a special helicopter. It is not stationed out of Virgina. It is there to do training with the Navy Seals. I hope you waved at the pilot! It looks like the boys were hot that day for the guys are hanging out the back. If I had known you were going to be there I would have tagged along with Beloved and busted up your vacation! ;)I stayed at home to get some things in order before our bigger trip. (giggle) I must say it is a little wierd to see my husband on your blog.

Sweet Tea said...

Jill, you must frame some of those sunset photos; they are gorgeous! loved the photo of your family at the water's edge - too bad you couldn' thave been in the photo with them.

Jill said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! I had to change the comment box just to comment on my own blog! Not sure what is going on with google.

Carmen....Thanks for clarifying for me! I knew the navy seals were trained nearby but I didn't know the details. :-) Yes it was very hot that day! What a small world!

Beloved's Bride said...

giggle. It is a very loud bird! They normally don't fly during the day. So you got a nice picture.

Heather said...

Wow the pictures are fantastic the colors are amazing. What a trip you guys had!! Thanks for sharing all these great pics!! You got some really beautiful pictures there. Great for scrapbooking!! thanks also for your prayers!! I tried out what you said I hope it will help with the comments~ Glad you were able to post as anonymous at least I am just not sure why google has been so finicky someone else suggested not to check the always signed in box when you first sign in and that helped for me I have not really had a problem with comments since so something else to try!! ~Have a Great Week ~Love Heather

Julia said...

what beautiful sunrise/sunset photos , Jill! Everyone looks like they are having such a fabulous time :-)

God bless,
Julia

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Sunrise or sunset, it is beautiful! I'm hoping to be back to commenting more frequently. I have missed hearing about all that has been going on with you and your gorgeous family! Looks like there's been quite a bit of fun!

Wendi said...

Beautiful pictures! I had to laugh about the sunglasses. On our first trip into the water Chuck lost her sunglasses. Thankfully he had a backup pair!

Mark said...

Three pairs of glasses? Seriously, you would think that he would learn the first time.
Your Friend, m.
p.s. you know that I'm teasing, right? m.