Monday, August 8, 2011

Taylor Swift Concert 2011: Speak Now Tour!

Saturday August 6th, 2011 I got to enjoy the excitement of my girls going to their first concert (besides the Wiggles :-0 ) We had a blast!

We did a little tailgating.....

We arrived early enough for some great parking right up front by the gates!

51,000 people were in the stadium....there was a storm near the area Jerry was showing on his radar was going to hit us directly, but I had a strong feeling and knew without a doubt that the storm would pass around us until she finished. He knows my feelings on things are usually right...but the radar had him telling me I was nuts! Let's just say.....I was right! No rain until afterwards! ;-)

She was genuinely flattered by the audience and the welcome she received considering PA. is her hometown!





13 is her lucky number as some of you may know! ;-)



Beautiful backgrounds, she really was a joy to watch!
















I took close to a 1,000 pictures but didn't want to spoil the whole show....the girl's loved it and we had a great time I will say!!!

We stayed a bit to try to avoid the 51,000 people leaving the parking lot at once!

So we watched the crew cleanup and load her concert accessories!



Looks like they were going to have a long night too!

So as we made our way to the van with our Taylor Swift teddy bears, shirts, bracelets and tour books...down came the rain!
We ended up getting home and to bed about 3:30 AM!!! Still trying to get that lost sleep back! Having that time with my girls was priceless and I'd do it again in a heart beat! Thanks again Taylor Swift for an awesome, beautiful, entertaining show! We loved it!

For those of you who may not have seen my post and YouTube video of when we surprised the girls check it out here:


Many blessings,
Jill

11 comments:

Katharine said...

Oh I have to admit to being envious! The girls and I love Taylor Swift! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful night!

Julie Harward said...

How fun to be able to do that as a family! Looks like a great concert and I can see that the girls were over the moon about it ;D

Heather said...

Anna and I just looked at the pictures wow looks like so much fun and you got awesome pictures. Anna loves Taylor Swift as well. Thanks for sharing all those. A little bit of home and familiar for us to see :) And your right what a priceless and wonderful time and memories you had with the girls. You really are such an inspirational Mom!! I try to do the same with my children leave them with some wonderful memories We just heard that the dogs got the ok to come into the country and we found someone who is able to get them from the airport so they do not have to sit in the heat overnight. Is that good news or what :)~ttys Love Heather

Mark said...

Just between you and me, I'm not a fan of concerts. It's not the concert itself but I can't handle the crowds. That said, if I were to take my kids to see a real one, Taylor's looked like a nice clean fun one that you could take kids too without having to cover their eyes every five seconds. I almost blushed when I saw Madonna in 1990. And believe me, I was no choir boy back then. ha!
So concrats, Momma, you picked a good concert to take your girls to and I can't believe you stayed up to 3:30a.m. That's about the time that I wake up every morning. Oh, the Times have changed.
m.

SonyaAnn said...

How awesome that you went!! I'm glad that it didn't rain. See once again proving mom's are always right.

McVal said...

Oh too cool! I've got kids that would LOVE to have been at that concert!
The first concert I took my girls to was Aly and AJ about 4 or 5 years ago. So many screaming little girls!
so loud!

Kerri said...

Great pictures Jill! I'm sure the girls will remember this forever! Glad you guys had an awesome night!

Patti said...

I am totally not a Taylor Swift fan, but I don't have to be to enjoy your photos. I know the girls had an awesome time. I remember when you surprised them with the tickets...it seemed like forever until the concert, and now it's over. The time went pretty quickly.

Hope you're having a great summer and really enjoying your girls.

Love,
Patti

Vic said...

Wow! so glad they got to experience! u have to be theeee best motha eva:) my girls love her too! we should have tailgated together...hehe

Lynn said...

Wow that was some concert. I have never been to a concert and after seeing the pictures of all those people there I dont plan to go to any soon LOL Im so glad yall got to go and got to spend that kind of time together :o)

~ Noelle said...

i head she puts on a great show..
love your photos!!!
she has a great voice