Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation wrap up! Va. Aquarium, Old Coast Guard station and more

I think I am finally wrapping up my vacation pictures tonight. Looking back on some really great memories and missing those sunsets and sunrises on the beach.....

We took some time to visit the aquarium which was very nice. We met up with a friend of mine that I reconnected with after 20 years! She was there with her family and the kids got along great. We had a wonderful time catching up and enjoying the day!



This was pretty cool, they crawled into a hole and when they stood up it took them inside a dome that entered where a huge dragon lizard was....the top was too muddy to see them very well so we went with this shot instead. It was really cool!


I just love this shot!! We love turtles too.... :-)




We took some time also to visit the Old Coast Guard station. Our guide was a sweet old man who was so very knowledgeable. I love all things historical and really enjoyed looking around.






I think this book may have come in handy for many....




This was one of the boats actually used to rescue those who were shipwrecked.

While in Va. we learned from my friend that they are not very supportive of the locals. There are no free parking areas for locals and the meters were $6.00 first hour and $3.00 for every 15 mins. after that! Crazy!
They enhanced strict rules as well on many things....when they told me about this sign I didn't believe it until I saw it....so of course I had to take a picture so you'd believe it too ;-)


We then spent some time looking at The Naval Aviation Monuments.












Thanks to a lollipop Kathleen had a nice blue tongue for awhile...LOL

Sunset on our last evening....

This is a picture of them I took on the beach...interesting figure that showed up on the right!?

Love the moon....

I thought it was so cool how the colors changed....


Sunrise again....too pretty not to share....



Just breathe......



Jellyfish in the early morning....



Hope you are taking time to enjoy the beauty around you....
Have a great evening!

Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I have been to several aquariums and totally don't get the fascination that most people have for sea creatures. My family loves them, but not me...I do LOVE the historical sights you got to see, AND, love the funky pink sunglasses your dd was wearing, and the other dd's blue tongue! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!!

Mark said...

Isn't is weird how that huge hotel is two feet from the Old Coast Guard Station? It just bothers me. I know, maybe I'm weird. m.

Julie said...

Thank you Jill for sharing your vacation. It was such a wonderful thing to see and be part of in pictures. I hope that life has settled down a bit and now is the time to get ready for school and enjoy the last of the summer. I leave Saturday for the BWCA and will have 8 days of beautiful, non-stressful, enjoying, relaxing and so much more. Well there is 75 miles of paddling, 8-10 miles of portages, many miles of hiking and swimming but for me, I love every single minute of it.
Take care and have a blessed week/weekend.

Donna said...

Jill, Thank you bunches for sharing such sweet and fun photos. I feel like I got to go to the beach too. :) How sad that they don't accommodate the locals. Things just aren't as friendly as they used to be are they?

Thanks so much for dropping by. I have not been able to get around very much with so much going on at home. I've missed visiting you!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

SonyaAnn said...

Love the pictures! Just stopped over to say hey!

~Niki~ said...

what beach is that? what city? love that. West coast beaches don't look like that.beautiful.

Cherie said...

Great pictures!! That sign with the $^5@% is so funny! And could those big turtles at the aquarium be more cool!!

Lynn said...

Very awesome pictures you have there, the turtles are just great and the sunset and sunrise ones you got are just breathtaking, and wow on the jelly fish that is just cool, I love the beach :o)

~ Noelle said...

great photos...
although, i am in total shock over the meter prices...
crazy

anxsity means friendship said...

Did see anyone walking by while u were taking the pic or did the figure just randomly show up