Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mom's birthday, Boiling Springs, A win and more yard sale deals!!

We had a great weekend and I have lots of pictures to share! ;-) We arrived safely at my parent's house after hitting some pretty bad flooding in the area where we live. It got scary at times on the drive. Luckily the further West we went the rain began to lessen and I think my heart got back to a normal beat! One of the things we picked up in the yard sale was train pieces, my Dad has one set up in the basement for the girls, so they wanted to get more for him. They ended up pulling it out on the dining room table!
This is a picture of their fireplace area and the wood bag on the right we also found them at a yard sale for $5.00.

Sally did o.k. with the ride down, was panting a lot, but otherwise o.k.

Owen loves the toys at Nana and PopPop's house! LOL

Skippy gets quite comfortable on the cushions outside....

I love how he's always sticking out his tongue! Patches didn't want to cooperate for his picture...

So this gives you a little idea of how much my Mom and Dad love their dogs and their "Grand" dogs! LOL


The girls always love doing crafts here....my Mom has a nice craft room with lots of great materials for them to use.


They had a blast!

The weather started clearing up on Saturday so we took a nice ride to Boiling Springs, PA. We passed through the apple orchards on the way.

Not too bad of a shot taken while driving down the rd! LOL

Isn't nature just so fascinating? What a beautiful place!


Great day for some family photos.



I like this one because it includes the flag and some of the Boiling Springs Tavern. We were going to eat there but we were all full still from lunch! Maybe next time....

So beautiful and relaxing....

The ducks are pretty happy there too! ;-)


The leaves are just beginning to turn colors....

I LOVE this time of year!



The girls and I with my parents...although the lighting wasn't the best....

It was so very clear you could see right down to the bottom...




My Hayley looking so grown up! This Friday the girl's have a hair appt. scheduled...I can't wait! Their bangs are too long!





We were all squinting here as the sun was so bright! But we weren't complaining after all the rain we've had!












Hayley collecting rocks for her school projects.

On the way back she wanted to watch a movie and she had found these head sets at a yard sale and offered the guy 50 cents for them because they were coming apart....well they were leaving black pieces all over her face and neck so she came up with this idea! LOL

Whatever works, right???

Then we headed on back to Mom and dad's for some cake!

Happy Birthday Mom!!! We love you!!!


Here is Jerry with our good friend Chip, He was being silly about "reading" directions for installing a door for my Mom and Dad....always the clown he is, lol. He's Mr. fix it so half the time he never reads the directions!

There....that's a little better! :-)

Time for Jerry and my Dad to do some male bonding! LOL



It was great to see my niece and the girls always have a great time together! Wish we were closer....


My sister Kim and I....


Some flowers I liked in my parent's yard...



So for awhile now we've been talking about getting Kathleen some white dressers. But it hasn't been in the budget....so when Jerry and my Dad were headed to Lowes to get the door and Jerry saw these on the side of the Rd. for free and stopped to get them!

They are in great condition!

Now we just have to figure out how to get them up the rd. I'll keep you posted when we do and how her room turns out!

We got some great news on the way home too! On Friday I had filled out 100 raffle tickets, 50 chances for each girl for an American Girl doll. Well we found out Kathleen won!! Lots of excitement!!

She's the Hawaiian doll of the year so she'll be retiring in December!!


I also wanted to share some more of my yard sale finds. I love a great deal and I love to entertain. I found this 16 piece China set for $5.00 mint condition. In fact the lady was getting rid of so much as she no longer entertained. I filled the back of my van for $30.00. I'll continue to post more of my great finds...





Also found these beautiful blue dishes.



These were a $1.00 for all of them.

Then I found these plates all for 50 cents!


Another great yard sale find was by Hayley. She found me this Thomas Kincaid tea pot for 5 cents!!!

I love the home in the picture too. I've always wanted to fix up an old Victorian home....one day...

Whew, that's a lot in one post! Thanks for staying till the end! Have a great day!!!

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Jill, Sorry I haven't "stopped by" in a while. I've always loved your blog. Somehow it fell of my favorites list... but is now back on. Hope all is well with you and your family, tara

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...loved your time with your parents, so many beautiful pictures of the people and the places! ;D

Kerri said...

I would have snatched up those dressers too...what great finds!! Looks like a great time at your parents house! I use to live near boiling springs(carlise) for a short time when I moved I first moved to PA. Funny how the leaves there have already started to change...but not here yet!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Have fun with the bedroom redo. Great dressers. Boiling Springs sure is pretty. Blessings!
Lara

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I always love seeing all that is going on in your family. Congrats to your little princess for winning an American Girl. She is pretty. I seriously want to go yard saleing with you. You have such a gift in finding great things.

Angie Berry said...

Wow, what a great, fun trip! Lots of memories made for the whole family, that is awesome!

Loving those FREE dressers!!! Are you kidding me?! How come I can never stumble on something like that? Those will be perfect for Kathleen! Awesome garage sale goodies too! Love all those dishes at wonderful prices.

Mark said...

And I thought that I had super long posts! I don't feel so guilty now.
Alright, now about you. What is your problem? Seriously, I'm 20 minutes away from Boiling Springs and I could have met up with you. You know how I've been dying to shoot you all. Well, um, with my camera that is. But, that photo of the four of you turned out fantastic.
Next, let me see if I can remember. Oh yeah! Happy Birthday to your Mom! Do you all know the Blemlers of Boiling Springs. The late Ed and Nancy? Their son Mark is my BFF.
And how on earth do you find this great stuff for free on the side of the road? I can't figure it out.
Last but not least. And this is advice from a Gay man. Consider it Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. Let their bangs grow out!!!
Your Welcome!
Your Friend, m.

McVal said...

What a gorgeous place! Happy birthday to Nana! and congrats to Kathleen on that doll!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Your family is beautiful Jill! What great pictures and wonderful memories!

You did an awesome job bargain shopping ~ I need to go with you ;-)

Camille said...

How wonderful that you were able to have that time with your parents Jill! What a gorgeous spot to visit...your photos are lovely. :) Congrats to Kathleen on winning that American Girl Doll! Yippee!! And YAAAAY for *free* stuff on the side of the road! (And in the right colour too!!)

Many blessings,
Camille

Nezzy said...

What a cherished time for family, fun and loads of great pictures!

Looks like Mom was not the only one havin' fun with her birthday.

Please wish her a happy birthday!
You Mom is beautiful as is your precious family.

God bless and have a fantastic weekend sweetie!!!

Sheila said...

Lucky y'all with the dishes and the dressers. I so wish we had good yard sales down this way. Hey--I recognize the photos of Boiling Springs--I've actually been there. We thought it was one of the prettiest little towns we've ever visited. We've thought about heading up that was to see Dillsburg again--just to see the changes since we've left. I--well--Jessica and I miss it. Love the pictures of the girls--they are too cute. It's good to see you. Hope Jerry's knee is healing well. Your parents are too cute. Have a great weekend. Take care.

Julie said...

You are the luckiest garage saler I know. Love you're finds. Love the dressers too.
Take care and God Bless!!

Beloved's Bride said...

Awesome Finds! Can't wait to see what the dresses will look like in her room! And, I am a sucker for china dishes! What a steal!!!

Congrats on winning the doll too! The smile was priceless!

SonyaAnn said...

Your life is so adorable!!!