Tuesday, September 20, 2011

USA day at K's school, crockpot recipe :-)

O.k. there went yet another week, so even though I should be doing homework I decided to blog instead today! I miss you all! I am feeling lately like I have one big never ending day! LOL

  Last week I got to volunteer in Kathleen's room for USA day. I think I was just as excited as she was! She wanted me to ride in on the bus with her, lol. When Hayley started school we were new to the area and Kathleen was just born so I had no one to watch her so I could volunteer for Hayley's school functions. I always felt like I missed so much. So this year I have signed up for everything!! Camera in tow of course!!

Here is Kathleen modeling her outfit for the day....complete with sparkly shoes!


And another cause she so adorable!

Then we added a little sweater because it was quite chilly that day!


Getting ready to say the pledge of allegiance at their big flag out front of the school. They made special flags.

This little boy was so sweet! Every time he saw me lift my camera he started to smile the biggest smile!

Hot dogs, apple pie, and red, white and blue! Can't go wrong! ;-) The little boy next to her is one of her "boyfriends"  :-)

When she got home she came up from the basement (playroom) dresses as a Princess. There's ol Sally always by our sides!


Today I went in to volunteer again and this was the only picture I had time to take because most of the time was supervising the puppet craft and the glue from getting everywhere! They are reading Miss Wishy Washy.

So tonight is another busy night, we are headed out to the YMCA for our cycling class. I needed an easy dinner recipe and decided the crockpot is my best fit for these evenings of running. So I got it all prepared..

There are carrots and potatoes underneath there, I can't wait to get home tomight and smell the delicious dinner already cooked! Perfect for this rainy day we're having too. Even better is there will be enough for lunch tomorrow for Jerry and the girls too.

Here's the recipe:

One Pot Easy Chicken

6-8 medium sized potatoes quartered (I use mini red potatoes and leave them uncut)
1-2 large onions sliced (I reduce this amount just because the girls are not big fans of onions)
3-5 carrots cubed (I use prewashed carrots)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
5 lbs chicken skin removed (quarters or legs and thighs work well)
1 small onion chopped
3/4 black pepper
2 tsp. whole cloves
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano ( I use dry and it works fine too)
1 teasponn dried rosemary
1/2 cup lemon juice

1. Mix together potatoes, sliced onions, carrots, 1 tsp. garlic salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in bottom of crockpot.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a bowl mix together chopped onions, 3/4 tsp. black pepper
cloves and 2 tsp. garlic salt. Dredge chicken in seasonings. Place in slow cooker over vegetables.
3. In small bowl mix together oregano, rosemary, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are soft and chicken juices run clear.

Enjoy!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Patti said...

Well that sounds like a delicious recipe!!! I will have to see if I can get my daughter to put it on the menu. (She does all the cooking and menu-planning.)

It looks like Kathleen is loving kindergarten. That's wonderful. And it's great that you are able to volunteer in her class. Before I started homeschooling, I volunteered in my kids' classes. Not my daughter's as much because I would then have to find someone to watch my son. But when Garrett was in Kindergarten, both kids were then in school, and I volunteered every Friday in his class. It was a great experience.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

Miller Moments said...

Yeah for Kindergarten!!!

And that recipe looks yummy. I may try it today. Thanks!

Kerin said...

Sweet kiddos :)
How much fun was life when we were that age??!!
Yummy sounding recipe too. Thanks for sharing.
Have a happy day!

Jenny said...

I love the idea of a USA day. That is something we need more of at school.

Glad you get to volunteer, I don't get to for the same reason you didn't. I try not to get sad about it because I know there are other moms who live for that opportunity.

I hope your cycling class is getting easier. Good for you for keeping it up!

Nezzy said...

Oh how sweet your little kindergarten Princess is!!! She looks so bright and happy!!! It's good that you can volunteer in her classroom. As a retired educator I know our classrooms appreciate all the help they can get!

God bless ya sweetie and have a beautiful day. :o)

Mark Himes said...

Oh my God! I think I can actually prepare that dish! I'll let you know if I dare to try. You know how I am in the kitchen.
And of course, Kathleen looks gorgeous and all. But you already knew that!
m.

Sandra J said...

The recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

I love to see schools who do activities like the USA day. This summer at my daughter's day care/school each week was a different theme and on Wednesdays they were suppose to do something different - wear your pjs day, shirt backwards, things like that. I was really surprised how many children didn't participate in the activities. B got a big kick out of them.

Olives and Pickles said...

You made me hungry:-)
Super cute pictures.thank you for all your kind comments over my blog,you are very sweet.
Patty

Angie Berry said...

So patriotic in her red, white, and blue... very cute! Gotta have the red sparkly shoes! I love to volunteer for my kids classes, it's the only way I can get pictures, ha!

I'm sure your chicken dinner will be delicious. I found a similar recipe but haven't tried it yet. I just love throwing things in the crockpot and it turning into a good meal without much work from me, hehe.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love your recipe.

I think it is so great that you are so involved in your kids' education :) Keep up the good work!

Heather said...

Awww Kathleen looks so cute!! And how fun to get to spend the day with her...thanks for sharing the recipe I need to print that one out. ~Love Heather

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! And the recipe sounds really good!

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, i'm sure you saw what's going on, on my blog.

Much love, bloggy friend!

Beloved's Bride said...

She looks so precious in red! Cute. Cute! How nice that you can go to school with her and do some of the projects. You said you are volunteering, would this be like a "class mother"? I have several friends that do the class mother fun!! They put the para-pros to shame. (giggle)

I have been looking for some more delicious tasting crock pot recipes. It appears that I might be using my crock pot in the camper at least once a week. So, thank you!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I just found your blog tonight! I am always looking for quick crockpot recipes.....looks yummy! ~nancy~