This is a great project for children still developing or enhancing their fine motor skills. Kathleen just loves coloring, cutting, pasting and painting so I was sure to create the activity that included all of these. :-)
First coloring in the tree base....
Then cutting out the tree....
Pasting it on the background paper....
Next to decorate with the leaves of Fall!
I clipped the pieces of sponge in a clothespin to make it easier to hold and less messy :-)
While painting she quickly observed the yellow paint on a blue sponge makes green!
She loves painting so much she didn't want to stop, lol! But I think it's beautiful!!
Next she was super excited to help me make pumpkin bars, yummy!
Starting with the flour...
We always take time to stop and smell the ingredients and stimulate all our senses ;-) Here she was smelling the sweetness of the sugar :-)
Beautiful blue eyes with sugar on her nose :-)
Mixing all the ingredients together!
Wait!! can't forget to stir in the chocolate chips!!
That's better Mom!
Pumpkin Harvest Bars
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup natural applesauce
1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
1 whole egg
1 egg white
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup raisins (we substituted with chocolate chips ;)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Spray 13x9 inch baking powder with nonstick cooking spray
2) In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, orange peel, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves
3) In large bowl, combine sugar, apple sauce, pumpkin, whole egg, egg white and oil
4) Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture, stir until well blended. Stir in raisins (chocolate chips) Spread batter into prepared pan
5) Bake 25 to 30 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 mins. cut into bars.
What are you baking this week? ;-)