Saturday, October 29, 2011

Preparing for Halloween, YMCA trick or treating and snow!!!

Well I guess I have to say I believe it now... we woke up to snow mixed with rain this morning.

Ugh... we had some errands to run including grocery shopping so we headed out believing the weather man when he said it would turn to rain for awhile.....back to that in a bit...

The other day Kathleen and I were working on treat bags for her and Hayley's classroom parties on Monday.


Sally and Owen had the sweetest pose watching us and I'm so glad I got this picture..

I had chicken pot pie preparations going for dinner....


yummy homemade sauce
and of course the chicken...

But then I forgot to take the after pictures because it was so good! LOL

The YMCA does a trick or treat special for it's members and they just ask for a canned food donation. This is the first time we've been and it was really nice. This year was a Harry Potter theme.
Here's the girls before we left last night.





They really did a nice job and the girls had a great time!




We headed home to sort through the cookies. They got candy, necklaces, bracelets, pins, soap, postcards, coupons for free bowling, toothpaste, toothbrushes and free books!

So much fun! Then Kathleen got tucked into bed as it was getting late and Hayley and I watched the Haunted Mansion, a Disney movie. It was cute but definitely not for younger children.

So this morning we got up to run errands and saw that the snow was starting. Well....it never turned to rain it is continuing to accumulate!
We brought the groceries in and Elvis our cat cracked us up...he was checking every bag we brought in...

I was trying to get a shot with his head in the bags but he wouldn't cooperate...lol

The girls were super excited about the snow so we started bundling them up...

Thought it was ironic to see snowsuit with my fall decor! LOL

Me and my Sal girl.... She usually runs and sleds with us but she's not up to it this year...  :-(

She did keep faithful watch over them by the front door....

Did I mention how much I love this dog??

I love these three bunches too!! :-)


SNOW!!!

I said "girls wait let me get a picture!" and Kathleen was already halfway down the driveway! LOL

Thank goodness for zoom lenses because I could not find my boots anywhere!

Snow on my clematis in bloom!!!

Snow surfing anyone??



Pure joy!!

Hoping the fish will be o.k.!
Poor tree in our front yard (see earlier pic) the branches are breaking off...


Building a BIG snowman! :-)



My poor mums! :-(


After lots of fun we came in to warm up by our cozy fire....

As soon as they saw me get on the sofa with the blanket they had to join in! :-)

Ahhh the comforts and joys of home....

Well lasagna is about done cooking so I'm off to dinner with my family. :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill


15 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Chicken pot pie, Lasagna, Halloween fun - it all sounds good, except for the snow, but it looks like the girls are loving it! Is this early for snow in your area?

Wendi said...

I can't believe you are getting snow already! Hope you stay warm and cozy and enjoy the beautiful view.

Beloved's Bride said...

Brrrr! But, those are some pretty snow pictures!

Glad the girls had a good time getting treats.

Your furry family members are so precious!

Julie Harward said...

That does look like a lot of snow! Glad they had fun with it. Your home is full of warmth and love and fun..just as a home should be..makes me miss my kids being kids! ;D

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Look at all that snow!!!! Looks like it is hot coco time!

Kris said...

Oh my gosh...that is a lot of snow!!!! The kids love it, don't they!
I wish it were snowing here!

Julie said...

That means in the snow is on it's way here. I'm not sure I'm ready but oh well.
Love the pictures!!!
Take care Jill and have a blessed weekend.

Heather said...

Oh My look at all that snow!! The girls look great in there Trick or Treat Gear and it looks like they had fun!! ~Ha Have fun with the snow!! snuggling up on the couch sounds like a great idea~ Love Heather

Mark said...

Jill, I'm glad you enjoyed that snow. It was a pain in the butt for me. If you recall, I gave two sets of boots away early in the Spring. Only two of my kids had boots and only one had a winter coat. I was not prepared at all. Guess what I'll be shopping for this afternoon?
Keep warm!
m.

Genn said...

Hi Jill!
Wow, look at all that snow! How fun.
It was about 85 here yesterday, crazy!
I love the pics. The one of your Sally by the door watching everyone is just too sweet.

That book you recently read sounds good. I wish someone would send me books to review! I am always reading something. :)

Patti said...

I totally love your photos...they're fantastic, as always. But I absolutely do NOT share any of the girls' excitement about the snow. You know me, I don't like snow anytime, and certainly not in October. And, wow, y'all sure got alot! I mean, to make a snowman that large you obviously got WAY more than just a dusting.

Oh, the photo of the two pooches is totally adorable!!! You ought to frame that one, for sure.

Love,
Patti

PS I'll be responding to your email shortly. I don't have email access on my husband's laptop, so I'll write when I get back to my desktop.

SonyaAnn said...

What wonderful pictures!!! You have a cute family and cute fur babies!

Lynn said...

I would have been so happy if we could have gotten snow hehehe. I do feel bad for those without power and limbs and have fallen on their homes and vehicles. Love all the pictures thanks for sharing and I love the big snowman the girls built!! Happy halloween!!!

Angie Berry said...

Chicken pot pie on a cold, snowy day is perfect, that looks delicious!

Love that picture of Sally and Owen posing together, almost looks as if they are smiling for you, hehe.

What a wonderful haul the girls picked up! I love when they get fun stuff instead of all that candy. Looks like it was well worth going to and much fun.

I can't believe you got that much snow, WOW! That is a lot so early in the year. Yikes! But best to make the most of it like you all did as nothing you can do about it except grumble, right? Haha.

Nicolle said...

Hi Jill, I just can't believe snow in October. It just seems so crazy, but looks like so much fun. I love the snowman! We rarely get snow here in Texas, so when we do it's such a treat. Cute costumes, and your chicken pot pie sounds delicious. Have a great day!

ps. I don't have a followers button on my page, but you can copy my blog link, then just add it to your list that you follow by clicking "manage" when you are on your profile page. Hope that helps! :)