Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin cream muffins, crockpot Italian Chicken and some goodies :-)

I love the Fall...it's my favorite time of year for so many reasons! I love the cool, crisp air, snuggling with my girls and Jerry, enjoying pumpkin pie and other goodies, the beauty of the changing leaves, fall festivals so much to enjoy!

I wanted to get back to baking and sending more goodies into Jerry's work so I made Pumpkin Cream muffins with Kathleen as my helper. :-)
A few ingredients to get started....

My adorable helper!

Putting in the mix to get us started....




Yes these did not last long in my house....lol

1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 pkg Jello-O vanilla flavor instant pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 pkg cream cheese softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Prepare cake batter as directed, then add pudding mix and pumpkin; mix well. Spoon into 24 cupcake liners

Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in sugar and egg; spoon over batter. Swirl gently with small spoon.

Bake 18 to 21 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!!!

I also made another yummy crock pot meal:

Chicken and veggie bake

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
black pepper to taste
1 tsp. garlic powder
16 oz bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
2 15 oz. cans whole potatoes drained
1 lb. frozen Italian veggies or green beans (we used the green beans)

1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and garlic powder
2. Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Pour 1/2 of salad dressing over meat making sure all pieces are glazed
3. Add potatoes, vegetables and pour the remaining salad dressing over top.
4. Cover, cook on high 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.



Oh and another great tuna casserole recipe I found in Gooseberry Patch family recipes cookbook was so yummy! The girls loved it!


When Fall arrives I like visiting shops such as Bath and Body to get some great scents to add around our home.


Fun tissue boxes...who could resist?

I saw this little bird the other morning going under our flower box on the deck to get items for a nest.



This week I'm getting ready to start a new cardio program...Turbo Jam!


Kathleen has been building with her cups again, this time on the kitchen table!

She will sit for over an hour stacking and re stacking in different patterns...my little architect! ;-)

Jerry and the girls sporting his new Ravens hats that a friend gave to us this weekend :-)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!

Blessings,
Jill


17 comments:

Christy said...

My what a pretty little helper you have! And those muffins look delicious. Hope you have a great week!! Christy

Wendi said...

I can't wait to try the crock pot recipe. Yum!

Sweet Tea said...

Lots of good cookin' going on at your house. Seeing your nice Crockpot is a reminder to me as to just how old mine is, BUT, it still works like a charm. Love crockpot cooking!

Patti said...

I love any and all things pumpkin..and not just in the fall either. Pumpkin pie is a year-round thing at our house.

How funny...living where you live that you are Ravens fans not Eagles fans. I'm not much into the NFL (I prefer college football), but the Steelers are the NFL team I like the best. (growing up in Pittsburgh, during their dynasty years of the 70's cemented them as my favorite NFL team.)

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

Love,
Patti

Beloved's Bride said...

Thanks for the recipes! I can't wait to try them. I know I will be trying out the crock pot recipe since I need easy delicious recipes while RVing.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I loved the picture of Jerry and the girls wearing the Ravens hats. I'm watching the Ravens play right now and they are winning! Yay!!!

The cupcakes sound awesome but J and I are starting Paleo and I'm doing my best to cut down on sugar. That's going to take lots of help from God!! LOL

Kerri said...

I am going to try those pumpkin muffins THIS week...Yum! Thanks for sharing!

McVal said...

I just printed off the ckn recipe because I have ALL the ingredients and I was looking for something to throw into the crockpot for supper tonight.
and your assistant looks adorable! However she never has her eyes on what's she's doing... Such a little smiley!

Jenny said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy. I wish I had one. I bought those same tissue boxes for my boys, they love creepy stuff. :) Let us know how you like Turbo Jam, I have been wanting to try it.

Nezzy said...

Girl, I haven't had lunch and you just struck my hunger pang!!!

I need a great little helper to help with my blackened salmon and Cajun pasta tonight. It would make it better, I'm sure!

God bless ya and have a fantabulous day!!!

Genn said...

Hi Jill!
I just love fall too.
Especially all of the pumpkin stuff that comes along with it!
Your helper is ADORABLE with her apron and hat.
happy fall to you and have a great week!

Kris said...

Oh..those muffins look amazing! And your sous chef is adorable!!!!!! Looky there, my daughter is the one to comment right before me!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Heather said...

Those recipes sound great thanks for sharing I will have to come back and print them out!! I love putting out fall scents around the house as well. Kathleen is too cute!! Oh I miss fall we had like a sand storm today I couldn't even open my eyes when I was picking up the kids from school and it was probably like 120F today :( Enjoy the fall for me!! and good luck with your new program the beach body stuff is good I have the slim in 6 and I love it I can't wait for it to get here I am going to start up with that again ~Have a great week Love Heather

McVal said...

I made your chicken dish with a few duplications and it was delish!

Camille said...

Pumpkin!! Oh YUM! Those cupcakes looks wonderful Jill! How spoiled your family is. :)

Isn't the crockpot great for getting meals on the table on time? It sure helps with that 4:00 *what's for dinner* question that we all dread. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Anonymous said...

I just want to say I really enjoy reading your blog! I have made alot of the recipes for my family that you have posted. I also just found out about Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, can't wait to try some of their recipes. Thanks!

Kat said...

Hi Jill I have the lots of bath and body works as well I have that same pumpkin dispenser from last year, I don't know if I can put anything in it since it's that foam soap. Your pumpkin muffins sound delicious. It's cool crisp here also and I love it!
As always your little girls are just precious.
Have a great week sweets! hugs