Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Random thoughts

Today I have tried several times to get into my college work, but I think I'm on information overload....truly.
I just need a break or something.... That's the only thing about these classes there is never a break and for a year now I'm reading, typing, studying.... It feels like there's not a lot of time to get everything done I need to.

Tomorrow I finally made an appt. to see the Dr. I've had a lump in my stomach for awhile and keep wishing it away so to speak. I also get sharp stabbing pains that come and go and I've put it off too long. It's now affecting my exercise routine so I need to make the time to go. Guess I'm afraid of what I may find out. But staying optimistic....I'm hoping at the worst it's a hernia and it will be a less invasive fix.....

My Sally girl (our yellow lab) is having episodes again and it's really hard watching her go through it. She is back on medication and we're praying it will work. She's very unbalanced and her head is pulling to one side.
13 years she's been by my side....I'm praying for a few more. :-)

Kathleen brought a little friend to lunch today.....
Such a good mommy! :-)

Then she took over my camera and these are the pictures she took.... Not too bad, lol

Sally resting...

A rainbow!

And then she realized she could flip it around to herself! LOL


And my favorite......

I just love this little girl!

How is everyone doing on their diet and exercise journey? Up to this point with my stomach I've been doing great! I really love Turbo Jam, it burns some great calories! Need a little motivation??




This last picture speaks volumes with just a few simple words....
I started this blog to record the life of my family and to share good things and meet wonderful people. I found this photo through a friend and it really touched my heart. I truly am blessed by all I have in life, and I know whatever challenges arise I can overcome them. For it's our attitude we can control and how we react to what life has given us. For so many they have neither the freedom or the means to change their lives....heartbreaking..


Bad days will come....as that is part of life....but how we handle it speaks volumes....We must be truly grateful for what we are blessed with now....and to help those who are struggling....

"Circumstances and situations do color life but you have been given the mind to choose what the color shall be"     -John Homer Miller

"The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach"     - Lin Yutang

So today although I may need a break from my college studies.... I am thankful I have the opportunity to expand my education....

While my heart is sad watching my beloved Sally fight the effects of old age..... my heart and soul have been blessed by having her in my life for 13 years.......

I may be worried about what the Dr. will find tomorrow.... but I am blessed to have insurance and Dr.'s who can help fix what may be wrong.....

What are you thankful for today? :-)

Many Blessings,
Jill

18 comments:

Nezzy said...

Sweetie, my prayers are with you as you go to the doctor. I pray that the 'lump' is nothing serious. We serve a mighty God.
I could just sit and stare at your little redheaded princess all day. She makes me smile :o)


Ohhhhh, how that last picture ripped my heart right outta my chest. We are a nation of complainers yet we are blessed with so much.

You have yourself a terrifically blessed Tuesday sweetie!!! :o)

Mark said...

You're killing me with that last photo and words of wisdom. I had my heart set on saying something funny and inappropriate but now I can't.
You've done shut me up.
And yes, we are blessed.
Your Friend, m.

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the post. I needed to see yours today. Makes me keep things in perspective. Seems some can't when those of us have to deal with life in what we are given.

I'm just moving on one step at a time.

Viola

Julie Harward said...

That little one of yours is cook-a-licious! She must keep you smiling. Hope all turns out well as you go see the doc. :D

Rayanne said...

I loved your post...very true! Never forget our blessings.
Bless you dear friend!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill,
Thinking about you and your family today :) Thanks for this post.

Love and hugs from the ocean shores, Heather :)

Patti said...

My dear friend, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you face this medical trial, whatever it may be.

Also, I understand about your doggie issue. Our Nikki is 13, and she is not in the best of health. She has a seizure history...not convulsive seizures, just the kind that semi-paralyze one side of her. They're not very frequent, but it always hurts to watch her having one.

Love and prayers...hugs too!!

Patti

Kris said...

Hi Jill. I will be praying that whatever the Dr. finds, is not serious and very treatable. We had a chocolate lab named Sally and a yellow lab named Tuckers. Sally lived 13 years, and Tucker lived to 15! Such great doggins! Also will be saying a little prayer for your little Sally too.
LOVE the pics Kathleen took of herself. Precious!
Hugs,
Kris

Tara said...

praying for you...

Julie said...

I will pray for your Jill like you are for us. We are blessed, in at least a million ways. I need to remember this while trying to sleep and worrying about other things I just have to wait for. It's hard Jill but thank you for your inspiring words and your comment tonight. Take care and good luck tomorrow. Blessings my friend.

Cherie said...

Oh Jill I feel so bad about your sweet dog. This happened with our dog Baxter. He was a good ole dog, big and furry and he helped raise our kids and kept them safe. It was hard to watch him go downhill. Dogs are part of the family.

I also hope your lump turns out to be an easy fix. I'll keep you in my prayers.

:-D

Jenny said...

I will say some prayers for you tonight. I hope all is well at the doctor. Glad you are getting it checked out, knowledge is power, right? I miss Baby Alive, Zoe loved hers and I loved how good she treated her, such a good mommy. Kathleen is such a cutie. She is growing up so quick all the sudden. I really want to try turbo jam, I wish they had a try it dvd before you buy it. I hate to buy those and then never use them. Keep us posted...

Beloved's Bride said...

Jill, I will say a prayer too as you head into the Dr. I hope you get a good report and that it is nothing serious.

I will pray for the puppy-dog too! Our animals are so very special in our lives.

Turbo Jam sounds painful! giggle! ;)

Kerri said...

Saying a prayer tonight that all goes well with your doctor appointment tomorrow. It's better to go and get it over with...easy for me to say, I know. Hoping it's no biggie and everything will be fine. Keep us posted.

Genn said...

Hi Jill.
I am sending up a prayer for you to receive good news at the dr's tomorrow. I hope that it is an easy fix and you can get back to your workout routine.
Praying for Sally too. I know it's so sad to see your beloved pets suffer.
adorable pictures of your daughter. She's a cutie.

SonyaAnn said...

Please keep us posted about your tummy. And congrats with the weight loss, you are amazing.
I would let your daughter take more pictures, she seems to have her mother's eye for it.

McVal said...

I'm so sorry about your medical issues! I'll be praying for you.
Great quotes! and such precious pics.

Kim said...

Oh goodness. Please get to the dr soon. It is so hard to go and face it, but don't play with your health. I pray it is nothing.

And I LOOOOOVEEEEE that poster of the girl on her back. It makes me LOL. My friend and I go to the gym together and we are always amazed at those who come and go looking gorgeous. HOW is that possible?!?!? So not fair.