Monday, October 10, 2011

Some more great yard sale finds and an easy side dish!

This weekend Hayley headed off to another sleepover birthday party and of course they did NOT sleep! So Sunday she pretty much slept all day, lol.
Kathleen just hung out on the bottom step all weekend....lol Just kidding! ;-)

She did manage to move to the sofa a few times too :-)

We did go yard saling before dropping Hayley off and I found this table that matches my decor....$10.00!

So I fixed it up with a beautiful tea set I found for $2.00!

This set is a beautiful blue color and the pictures just don't do it justice!


I also found this grapes picture to accent the grape swag in my kitchen.

One of my best finds which I'm so excited about was at a local consignment shop. Since I have found so many gorgeous place settings lately, I needed a place to store them. We looked at so many stores but I just couldn't see spending thousands on a buffet or hutch. I found this antique beauty for $65.00!!

A little polishing and a few loving touches and she's good as new!
I also found a nice scarf for the top for $1.00!

I have some reorganizing to do and then I will post more afters. :-)

I found this shelf for $1.00 and these are 2 of my 10 cent tea cup finds (including the saucers)!!


Kathleen is so darn cute..she decided to put away her toys and American Girl clothes in her new dressers...LOL Looks like I have my work cut out for me!





And even the American Girls have a place to sleep!

Wish me luck!! ;-)

Made a tasty side dish tonight...had this one written down so not sure where I found it originally. Usually I use crescent rolls, but Jerry went shopping Sunday and got the regular rolls, I'm not complaining...I got school work done and made the rolls work!

Easy Bake Cheese and Vegetable twist

2 eggs
4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg) cream cheese softened
1/2 cup Kraft shredded Italian three cheese blend
3 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained (I used fresh cut into bite sized pieces)
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
4 green onions (I leave out as the girls don't like them much)
2 cans crescent rolls

Heat oven to 375 degrees and mix first 3 ingredients in large bowl until well blended.
Stir in next four ingredients
Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange in 11 inch circle on parchment or foil lined baking sheet, with sides of triangles overlapping in center and points of triangle toward outside.
Keeping a 5 inch diameter opening in center of circle.

Spoon cheese mixture onto dough near center of circle.

(Little different perspective using round rolls....)
Bring points of triangle up over filling then tuck under to cover filling...
Bake 35 to 40 mins. or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.

Mmmmm slice and enjoy! :-)

Elvis and Princess took over the dog's beds so Sally just hung out in the kitchen with me waiting for food to fall.


Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

SonyaAnn said...

I have the same tea cup with the leaves on it.
You are doing great decorating your house. And you are finding the most wonderful things for so cheap. Now please come decorate my house!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I wish you lived here. I would so love to go yard saleing with you. I know I'd find some great things to make my house home.

Such beautiful and reasonably priced, finds. Actually, they are more like treasures.

Kerri said...

What great finds!! I have been looking around for a buffet type hutch for our diningroom...no such luck yet! Love the little table for 10 bucks...wow!

Christy said...

Oh that Cheese & vegetable twist looks YUMMY!!! Great yard sale finds too.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

The furniture is amazing! Totally my style.

I also liked your recipe. It looks yummy!

Mark said...

Again, you with these great finds. I love that cabinet for $65.00. I would love to shop with you but I'm afraid that I'd come home with tons of things. So, nevermind!
m.

Jenny said...

That cheesey veggie dish looks right up my ally. Yum! I love all your finds, so great. I love garage sales, my kids all yell "mom, there's one" when we are driving, I guess I have them trained! Zoe is going to a brownie campout in a couple weeks, and I know she won't sleep a wink. LOL

Kris said...

Great find on the buffet!

Rayanne said...

Great post...love that red wall!!
Have a happy day dear!!

McVal said...

My kids sleep all the next day after a sleepover too. No matter what time they said they went to sleep. um yeah.. I don't believe you...
That looks delish! and great garage sale finds! That sideboard is beautiful!

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jill,
Love your header and blogbackground.
WOW your new finds are fabulous. The table and little tea set are gorgeous. The color of the teapot and cups is so rich. The buffet you found is amazing and the prices are awesome.
Your girls are little cuties too.
The recipe looks so yummy good. Thank you for sharing. It is real comfort food for the change of season.

Also love your little shelf with the two sets. Really a nice accent.
So enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Have a nice evening and see you again soon.
Hugs and blessings, Celestina Marie

Mama Hen said...

What great finds! That recipe looks delicious! I love the pictures with the furry babies! I hope you are doing well! Have a great day!

Mama Hen