Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tried something new for dinner, wackiness, and more!

I have another beautiful china set to share now that I've had the chance to wash it and put it all away after rearranging my hutch and buffet. Hayley found this set at the same yard sale from the other week and bought it for me for $1.00!!! the whole set!!!


We had our doorbell ring the other night about 8:30 PM and found this on our doorstep....

We got Boo-ed!!! So we need to Boo two of our neighbors back! Lots of fun!! It was filled with candy!

The girl's school is doing a change fundraiser....when you participate you get to do crazy things each day of the week! Yesterday was crazy hat day!

My joker and my little "quaker!" LOL Couldn't resist! ;-)

Today was wacky hair day!!! Boy did Hayley enjoy this one!
The following is definitely for your enjoyment and for lots of smiles!!! WARNING!!! You may erupt in laughter :-)





Oh and let's not forget the super cool sunglasses!!


Yes....I let her out the door like that! LOL Rainy day out and my Hayley was sparkling bright like she always does! :-)

On a sadder note poor Kathleen came home with itchy, oozing eyes yesterday so off to the Dr's her and I went first thing this morning...yup you guessed it....PINK EYE! Aaahhh the joys of starting Kindergarten...

She couldn't barely open her eye and by the time we left the other one was looking just as bad...

Then I had a budget killer....ever have one of those? You carefully plan out all your expenses...then BAM something throws all that for a loop....like $50.00 eye drops!!! Yes, that is with insurance!!
This tiny little bottle....$50.00!!! Where's the sense in that? The pharmacist told me without insurance it is over $100.00!!! CRAZY!! But then she assured me that it works....it better! :-)


So on a better note.....glad I was creative and frugal  last night for dinner! I made a new recipe with ingredients I had on hand. I had a mushroom spaghetti sauce in my pantry and wanted to use it up for a quick meal....so I put the following together:

Portobella mushroom sauce (found in Aldi's)
Bow tie pastas (Aldi's)
Diced onions (frozen and prepared) Teresa if you are reading I tried it, less work, lol!!!
Kraft triple cheese shredded
Ground turkey
Fresh mushrooms

So I heated the oven to 375 degrees and meanwhile cooked my pasta...
Then I browned the meat in my frying pan as it browned I added the mushrooms and onions and cooked until meat was done and they softened up...
Then I add my sauce and let it simmer until it thickened, while stirring it as needed....
I sprayed a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray .....
Then I poured the mixture into my dish and coated with the bag of cheese and baked about 30 mins.

So yummy!!! Hayley said it was one of her favorite meals to date and to be sure to make it more often. :-)
I heated up leftovers today for lunch and I think it tasted even better! LOL

Simple, easy, tasty! I had Texas toast to make with it but I forgot! LOL But that with a healthy salad is a great dinner addition.

What are you cooking this week??

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Patti said...

Cute photos! Hayley sure is growing up. I see such a difference in her from when you started your blog last year! They grow up far too quickly, don't they?

That is a beautiful china set! And $1.00!! That's insane!! Lucky gal you are!!

Love and hugs,
Patti

claudia b said...

omg $50, really??? that is crazy! poor Kathleen, hope she is better soon - I love the pics of Hayley, she just rocks!

Kelly L said...

fun pictures - one time my daughter gave me pink eye when she was in the 1st grade -hers left pretty fast - mine hung around for a month - it was so awful... Now I try not to touch my face..
Hopping by for a visit from Friday hop.
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook

Slightly Nerdy. Sometimes Cool. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Now following you back :)

Mari said...

great pictures. thankx for following me & im following back

Carolyn said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. Stop by and visit when you have a moment.

http://celebratinghomewithcarolyn.blogspot.com
http://lovinglifeasacouponer.blogspot.com

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow! What a deal! I'm hoping do do a yard sale post soon. Been busy getting my garden wrapped up.

Hope K's pink I clears up soon. That looks sooo painful.

Great hair, Hailey!

Blessings, Jackie

Sarah Kay said...

Wow that set for 1.00 was a great deal!! :) and you have adorable children!! :D

I am visiting you through the Friday Blog Hop, and I follow you on GFC :)

I really love your blog, I'll be visiting frequently and hope you can take the time to check out my blog sometime, and follow back too! :)

@ www.magicallifeofmamas.blogspot.com

Xoxo,
Sarah Kay

TIFFANY said...

That was one crazy hair style! Hope the pink eye meds work quick. Poor thing!

New follower from the Friday hop.

Camille said...

Yummy...I am so craving *comfort food* these days Jill...that casserole would really fit the bill. :)

OUCH...those killer expensive eye drops better work! Poor little pumpkin...pink eye is nasty! :(

Your Hayley did a great job on her hair...love the glasses! LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend! Get well soon Kathleen.

Blessings to you!
Camille

Crystal said...

Just hopping by to return your follow....have a blessed day!

McVal said...

YUCK! I hate pink eye! Poor kid.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Hayleys hair!!! If they're giving prizes, she'll get it!

Jeanette said...

LOVE the pics of your girls ! What fun! Thanks for popping by My Own Four Corners - I am happily following you! Have a wonderful weekend!

Mark said...

Hayley's photos are a hoot! I'm glad she hammed it up for your readers.
Also, you wrote "Quaker instead Quacker" I was looking at Kathleen's hat and wondering what that had to do with a Religious Group. And then finally, it dawned on me.
Sorry that the medicine was so expensive. Good thing the dishes only cost a buck.
m.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Jill,

Wow, I have some pieces that match your tea set exactly. When I remember, I'll take some photos to show you. How cool is that...and what a great price.Hayley did a great job finding that. oh, and her hair rocks :) :)

I hope Kathleen feels better. I'm glad she still has her beautiful smile no matter what :) :)

Love and hugs from the ocean shores, Heather :0