Friday, November 18, 2011

New door is in!

One of the things we got accomplished last weekend was our front door getting finished. I posted the beginning stages and wanted to let you see we don't still have a gaping hole in the front of our house! LOL. I also wanted the screen door finished up for Sally because she likes to lay there and wait for the girls. I knew we were sending her to heaven this past Monday so there were no delays in getting it done.
Dad and Jerry quickly realized this was a door that needed to be assembled and I don't think Jerry was too amused about the extra work, lol. He's not one to use directions to do things he just tinkers with it until it's right. So I was very surprised to see directions in his hands! :-)

I am so lucky is is a handyman and can do just about everything...plumbing, building, electric, etc. If we paid to get the door installed it would have cost $600.00!!

The girls kept busy by working on some watercolor pictures with my mom.


Hayley was working on some Christmas cards...of course I forgot to take after pictures....


Had to include this photo of Kathleen and Sally on Monday.....

You can see our Sally just wasn't feeling well. She was breathing really hard and labored so we kept the water by her. Making her as comfortable as possible.

The door is finally finished!

Sally got to watch for her girls one last time.....


Her presence is definitely missed!
Thank you all for your kind emails and comments about Sally. We greatly appreciate it!

So to take our mind off being sad while Hayley was at school all day Kathleen and I baked a cake.
She was super excited I let her put the icing on all by herself! :-)





So we are taking it day by day and staying as busy as possible. Missing Sally terribly in those quiet moments... even our other animals are down and missing her. But I know she is at peace and feeling better in heaven and that's what helps me get through my days here without her.

My girls.....always making me smile....

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

McVal said...

great door! and Sally seems to have enjoyed it. What a painful time.

Kris said...

Dearest Jill,
Although your new door is gorgeous, this is not about your door. I am catching up with blogs after having been away for the weekend, and then celebrating birthdays, and having a very busy few days, I am just now reading that you had to say goodbye to your sweet Sally. I am so sorry. I think most folks have had to say goodbye to their faithful friends at some point in their lives, and know just how hard it is. I am thinking of all of you. I am so very sorry.
Hugs,
Kris

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Dear Jill,
Your door looks amazing and I loved seeing Sally waiting and watching one last time for her girls.
I read all the way down to your sharing of her passing. My heart aches for you all as I know this story to well. What a blessing our fur babies are to us and what love they give all their life. Sally came into your hearts and gave you tons of love that will always be with you.

Your girls look like they were having fun while the door was being installed. Special moments to remember. It is also so wonderful to have a hubby who can do everything. Mine is this way too and it is a blessing.

Thank you for stopping by sweet lady. It is always so nice to see you especially during this busy season as I struggle to visit everyone in return.
Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving and love to you and yours always.

XO Celestina Marie

Mark said...

You know, after my puppies are gone, I might miss all that dog slobber all over our front glass door.
Take care.
m.

Sweet Tea said...

The photo of Sally by the door still makes ME cry so I can just imagine how you feel. My Kramer has been gone almost 2 years and it makes me happy to know that I loved him and gave him a good life...The DOOR looks fantastic!! What a beautiful entry for your home and what great curb appeal!!

Wendi said...

I haven't been around much this week. I am so sad to hear about Sally! I lost my goldie Hanna almost 12 years ago. Hoping your heartache heals quickly and you smile at the memories.

Heather said...

I have tears in my eyes....I am so sorry to hear about Sally!!! We never forget our pets, they are so dear to us...I have a few that will always be tucked close to my heart as I am sure Sally will be right next to yours as well. R.I.P. Miss Sally you were a fine Lady and will be missed!! xoxoxo ~Love Heather

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm so sorry to read about Sally. I know this has to be a hard time for all of y'all. The door looks gorgeous. We just put up a black storm door like yours on our front door. I'm debating a new front door too--but ours is solid wood and I love it. It and the side lights have seen better days but I think I'll try to fix them up first--then I'll probably end up with a whole new door.
I hope you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. How are you feeling? I hope your health is doing better. Take care.

SonyaAnn said...

WOW that's an impressive door! Now see if they want to put one in our house. I would love that.

Nancy Ferdinand said...

Your girls look so cute and charming. No wonder they always make you smile. I'm sure those who received those cars smiled widely after seeing how beautiful they are. How's Sally now? The door looks good, and it gives your home a beautiful facelift. LOL!