Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving recap :-)

We had a really nice time the last couple of days visiting with family and friends. Our Thanksgiving was a small one and Jerry helped my dad around the house to help him get things done before my dad's shoulder surgery on Friday.
Here I caught them randomly as they were hanging new doors in the hallway. :-)

Kathleen loves going to Nana and PopPop's to play with the cars and car mat.

My Mom was busy in the kitchen as we worked to prepare Thanksgiving dinner.

Preparing the table and dining room...

My mom always has welcoming table decorations with her meals.

Nice, cozy fire...

Flowers for Kathleen's birthday :-)

Parade on t.v......

This magical pot grows cute little dogs!!

Looks like he is enjoying the sun's warmth! ;-)

Hayley was a big help in the kitchen this year too.




The American Girls were not forgotten!

I teased my Mom over the rolls we used as a substitute for the warm fresh rolls we originally have. She bought ones that were about an hour or so to cook and not 10-15 mins. It would have taken too long since the meal was already done, so we skipped making them and had these...

There's always next year......  ;-)

Jerry was ready for some turkey!!!


Time to eat!!!

Our dogs were waiting patiently for their Thanksgiving meal too!



After filling his belly with good food Jerry went back out to work on the doors!

There was also wood to stack...


Kathleen lost her first tooth eating a piece of bread! LOL

Look how tiny that tooth is!!!
Ravens won the Thanksgiving game too so that was an added plus for the beautiful day we had. :-)

Wood got stacked and finished up for winter....

Kathleen got a lot more birthday presents....

Here she is with my niece Caitlin( my best friend's daughter) , who I think looks like Selena Gomez!

When she was younger she resembled Dora! LOL :-) Love you Caitlin!

We visited with lots of family and friends and got to catch up. We had some really great laughs too. I am very thankful for this time with them all!

Black Friday Jerry and I were up early shopping and came home early since it was Kathleen's birthday. We had such beautiful weather. We took Kathleen to Toys R us for her birthday balloon and to shop!

Jerry got himself a dinosaur gumball! LOL

He was quite excited and there were even goodies inside!


Then we started loading the van.....

This was just halfway through the packing.....

Our car top came in handy too to store all our shopping bags! LOL

So now tonight we have some last minute unpacking to do when the girls head to bed. Back to regular schedules for the girl's tomorrow and Jerry took the next two days off. :-) Hoping to get Christmas decorating done!

Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

11 comments:

Nicolle said...

Your parents have a beautiful, warm home. I loved all of the photos. The table setting is so pretty and festive. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

SonyaAnn said...

It looks like it was a perfect gathering. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the Christmas season.

Julie said...

I so love when you share pictures. You had an amazing Thanksgiving. I love your family Jill.
Have a blessed week.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Dear Jill,

Oh, I really enjoyed seeing all your Thanksgiving photos. Your family has such beautiful smiles ;) ): Your girls are starting to grow up, too :) :)

So what did the Tooth Fairy pay Kathleen for her tooth? When I was a kid I only got a quarter per tooth :) :)

Have a great week :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Sweet Tea said...

The Thanksgiving table was so pretty and I love the fireplace in the dining room. . .Happy Birthday to Kathleen & congrat's on losing her first tooth - so many happy things to celebrate. Great that Haylee helped in the kitchen - warm memories that will stay with her always. . .Glad you had a safe trip and such a happy Thanksgiving!

Kris said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!! Yea for Kathleen's 1st tooth! I am playing catch up!!

McVal said...

LOVE that dog plant! We don't dare start any of those around here...
Looks like a great time!

Beloved's Bride said...

It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great Birthday Party.

I hope the surgery went well.

And, I am anticipating your Christmas decorations! ;)

Cindy said...

That's quite a recap! So much going on for you guys. looks like a wonderful holiday. We had some American Girls visit our table too:)
have a happy day jill

Jamie said...

First~thanks for stopping by and giving great warm thoughts to me.
Next~Love the photos of thanksgiving,your parents pictures are so beautiful,their house is so cute and cozy.

THE GIRLS ARE GETTING BIGGER EVERY WEEK

Donna said...

Gosh Jill..the girls have grown! Haley is so tall. I love her haircut too. :o) I really enjoyed seeing your family's photos.

The puppies cracked me up. :o)

Donna