Wednesday, November 9, 2011

VINTAGE 80'S TOYS R US COMMERCIAL I DON'T WANNA GROW UP, I'M A TOYS R US...



Anyone remember this advertisement? It's that time of year and for some reason I've been singing this in my head! LOL Remember the simple toys and all the hours of fun that came from them? The good days.... now too many kids are absorbed in electronics and it's sad to see. I know technology is important, no doubt, but I just hope they take time to enjoy life's little things and not run with the "rat" race so young.

I'm preparing my lists and shopping a little at a time according to budget. Been busy doing school work and this week I'm watching my parent's older dogs so that makes 6 dogs, 2 cats, fish and 2 very active children to care for this week, lol. So not much time to blog and catch up with everyone. I hope to have a chance to visit soon! We're off to the YMCA after dinner for swim classes and tomorrow I volunteer most of the day in Kathleen's classroom. Been up since 5:30 AM today getting Hayley off to band practice....I'll be looking forward to sleep tonight!

Hope you have a wonderful night and enjoy singing the Toys R Us theme song :-) Come on I know you're humming it! LOL

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes...I am humming now!
thanks for the fun flashback.
busy day for you
hope you get some sleep soon
have a happy day jill

Jessa Irene said...

Ha yes, now it will be stuck in my head. How fun. Love the new header too.

Heather said...

How can you forget that song hehehe ~Have a great week Love Heather

Kris said...

Oops, I commented on previous post by accident...but I didn't see that one on my blog update. I have that song permanently embedded in my mind! My daughter Gennifer, could sing it word for word at age 18 mo. with a pacifier in her mouth!!!!! I have proof! It is on video! She was a very early talker, and she loved her pacy! She could spin it, and sing songs, and you could understand every word perfectly! I don't wanna grow up...I'm a Toys R Us kid, they've got the best for so much less, it'll really flip your lid!!! From bikes to trains too video games........aha..I remember!!!

Angie Berry said...

Lol, yep... I'm singing it! I was singing it as I was reading the title. My little guy has been circling just about the whole book from the holiday catalog they mailed out a couple weeks back.

What a busy week ahead for you. Almost a miniature farm, lol! I hope you all survive and try to enjoy the week amidst all that busy-ness!

Genn said...

How funny, Jill I was going to tell you how my mom always tells me that I used to sing that song back in the 80's with my pacifier in my mouth! ;)
i do hope that my girls take notice and appreciate the simpler things in life too. so much technology now and it is fun, but kinda scary too.

Mark said...

My kids are totally addicted to their electronics. So much so that they are on schedules so they don't spend too much time with them. I'll actually say to them sometimes, "Okay, I don't care what you do but it can't involve any electronics". It's almost a shame.
m.
And yes, I remember that commercial word for word.

McVal said...

I know that entire jingle!!!
and oh my goodness!!! You now have more pets than me in your house...

Beloved's Bride said...

Enjoy your week, Jill.

Ah... Christmas! I need to get started huh? I am normally finished by the end of November but I haven't though of any gifts for anyone at all. (sigh) We are spending Christmas at Disney this year but I need to get started on the Parents!

Julie said...

Mike use to sing that song everytime we went to St. Cloud because that is the closed Toys R Us around. I love the jingle.
I hope you get to rest tonight once all is said and done. Take care my friend and have a blessed evening.

Tara said...

I remember that song!!! Hope you were able to get everything done. Have a great night, tara

Beloved's Bride said...

Jill, The 18th through the 28th in Florida. We will be camping at Fort Wilderness on Disney. It is absolutly beautiful during that time of year. We don't know what parks yet. We will decided that when we get there due to weather. We do have reservations for several dinner shows. Hoopty-dee-do being always a favorite, then we head over to see the boat parade on the little beach area around the corner from the show and then on to the Fairy to watch the fireworks while on the water.